Crashtheteaparty.org

someone send me the web addy in a PM I'll archive it and sign up to see what else is going on

Next week, thousands of local tea party groups are planning peaceful events on April 15th to protest excessive taxation, federaal spending, deficits and debt, and ObamaCare.

An organization has been launched by people intent on smearing and discrediting the Tea Parties: Crash The Tea Party!

It's not surprising that there has been a great deal of commentary in the leftwing press and attacks by the Dems to call Tea Party members racists, terrorists and the like. If any racist or violent incidents happen next Thursday at the Tea Parties, they will most certainly be caused by these Alinsky-esque infiltrators.

So they are mad at a group for doing the same exact thing they are doing?

One is a group of citizens upset the powers that be won't listen. the other group is a bunch of jack booted thugs sent in to make sure the first group is made to shut up.

These kind of tactics really ought to make you worried. It isn't so much that they are disagreeing, which is cool, but that they are preventing folks from exercising their rights. Disagreement is what makes an interesting message board. Shutting down voices on the opposite side like this really is scary. Not the truthmaters-rdean kind of programmed fright, but the real deal.

Read the the intro to the site.

Thank you!

goldcatt, consider yourself pwned, you dipshit!

She's not a dipshit... just completely off-based.

Not at all.

I fail to see anything remoely resembling honesty in all the accusations and insinuations over a group of people who are advocating doing the exact same thing the tea party does - use its free speech in a nonviolent and protected manner.

So what's the point of all the chest thumping and accusing these people, who haven't even met yet, of every negative act that's drawn media attention to the fringes of their group?

They are there to prevent the TParty people from being heard.

they want to spread a message, they can hire a hall. make their message heard. But shutting other folks up is not free speech

If GC thinks pretending to be members of another group in order to behave in an extreme way to discredit them is the same as the original group representing itself, then she is rather ethically challenged.

Last edited:
Next week, thousands of local tea party groups are planning peaceful events on April 15th to protest excessive taxation, federaal spending, deficits and debt, and ObamaCare.

An organization has been launched by people intent on smearing and discrediting the Tea Parties: Crash The Tea Party!

It's not surprising that there has been a great deal of commentary in the leftwing press and attacks by the Dems to call Tea Party members racists, terrorists and the like. If any racist or violent incidents happen next Thursday at the Tea Parties, they will most certainly be caused by these Alinsky-esque infiltrators.

One is a group of citizens upset the powers that be won't listen. the other group is a bunch of jack booted thugs sent in to make sure the first group is made to shut up.

These kind of tactics really ought to make you worried. It isn't so much that they are disagreeing, which is cool, but that they are preventing folks from exercising their rights. Disagreement is what makes an interesting message board. Shutting down voices on the opposite side like this really is scary. Not the truthmaters-rdean kind of programmed fright, but the real deal.

Doesn't matter if I agree with their tactics or not. Speech is speech, and nothing being promoted on that site for next week is beyond what the First Amendment protects. It's up to the tea partiers to stick with their own message, and on that end they've been lacking in tactics themselves.

Doesn't matter - if anybody tried to shut either side down I'd go ballistic. I like my speech, thank you very much. To keep mine I need to stand up for yours. That's the way it works.

If GC thinks pretending to be members of another group in order to behave in an extreme way to discredit is the same as the original group representing itself, then she is rather ethically challenged.

She is quite obviously ethically challenged. She has clearly demonstrated that here in this thread--and others on many occasions.

If GC thinks pretending to be members of another group in order to behave in an extreme way to discredit is the same as the original group representing itself, then she is rather ethically challenged.

Are you reading challenged, or do you just build these straw men for fun and profit?

I'm on a commission plan.

A few more posts and I make quota club in Hawaii next winter.

So a bunch of people are going to protest their taxes going down? :lol:

Ain't that America, something to see.

Are you reading challenged, or do you just build these straw men for fun and profit?

Do you mind explaining to me how she is 'building a strawman'? I don't see anything of the sort.

Doesn't matter if I agree with their tactics or not. Speech is speech, and nothing being promoted on that site for next week is beyond what the First Amendment protects. It's up to the tea partiers to stick with their own message, and on that end they've been lacking in tactics themselves.

Doesn't matter - if anybody tried to shut either side down I'd go ballistic. I like my speech, thank you very much. To keep mine I need to stand up for yours. That's the way it works.

You're so full of shit you can't even smell your own stench.

If you like free speech so much, what's the deal with all the neg reps? Shutting down newbies with your precious rep points? (and I"m not talking about me....I'm talking about 1 point noobs you don't even know).

Hypocrite.

They have already defeated themselves.

Now if any tea party protest has anything objectionable in it, they can be blamed for it, in short, they have provided an alibi for any bad behavior the movement may generate.

In short, they could not have helped us more if we paid them.

If GC thinks pretending to be members of another group in order to behave in an extreme way to discredit them is the same as the original group representing itself, then she is rather ethically challenged.

Here, have some fire scarecrow.

They are there to prevent the TParty people from being heard.

they want to spread a message, they can hire a hall. make their message heard. But shutting other folks up is not free speech

Exactly!

Wrong.

Free speech protects you from government sanctioning you for your speech. It does not prevent private citizens from countering you by whatever protected, nonviolent means they can manage. Free speech does not guarantee the right to speak without opposition. That goes for all sides.

If Doggie The Bubble Boy thinks taxes are going to go down for everyone, I have some pets.com shares to sell him - $100 each!

Wrong.

Free speech protects you from government sanctioning you for your speech. It does not prevent private citizens from countering you by whatever protected, nonviolent means they can manage. Free speech does not guarantee the right to speak without opposition. That goes for all sides.

Wrong.

The larger Tea Parties involve getting permits and incurring expenses to stage the event. Others do not have the right to hijack and disrupt it for their own agendas.

Forum List

Back