County Stands Up To Illegals

They are NOT citizens - they are illegals here illegally

I am not talking about illegal immigrants asshole. I am talking about citizens whose rights are being violated by an over-reaching law and ordinance that fundamentally infringes on their rights. If the law affected illegal immigrants and did not affect American citizens of a specific race than I wouldn't have a problem with the law but I do have problems with laws that make American citizens fear to go out in public without carrying some form of identification like they made the German people do during the Nazi reign (i.e., the reign of conservatives).

I am not talking about illegal immigrants asshole. I am talking about citizens whose rights are being violated by an over-reaching law and ordinance that fundamentally infringes on their rights. If the law affected illegal immigrants and did not affect American citizens of a specific race than I wouldn't have a problem with the law but I do have problems with laws that make American citizens fear to go out in public without carrying some form of identification like they made the German people do during the Nazi reign (i.e., the reign of conservatives).

any examples or just ranting?

any examples or just ranting?

How many American citizens of hispanic origin are going to be willing to go out in public without some form of identification? How many are going to walk into to a government office without any fear of being harrassed or questioned about their citizenship? It's not about specific examples since this issue has nothing to do with examples and more to do with the whole group. One doesn't have to show that harm was done to them for it to be harmful to their rights. The right to walk out in public in peace, to enter a public building and to go about their daily lives without being constantly questioned about their citizenship because of their race is something every American should enjoy regardless of their race. Simply stated, unless a white person is treated the same way than you have no right to treat a hispanic person in that manner (i.e., you can't stop a hispanic person and demand to see identification and prove of citizenship without doing so for every white person).

How many American citizens of hispanic origin are going to be willing to go out in public without some form of identification? How many are going to walk into to a government office without any fear of being harrassed or questioned about their citizenship? It's not about specific examples since this issue has nothing to do with examples and more to do with the whole group. One doesn't have to show that harm was done to them for it to be harmful to their rights. The right to walk out in public in peace, to enter a public building and to go about their daily lives without being constantly questioned about their citizenship because of their race is something every American should enjoy regardless of their race. Simply stated, unless a white person is treated the same way than you have no right to treat a hispanic person in that manner (i.e., you can't stop a hispanic person and demand to see identification and prove of citizenship without doing so for every white person).

and about 90% of the arrest warrents for murder in Los Angeles, are for illegals

and about 90% of the arrest warrents for murder in Los Angeles, are for illegals

How many arrest warrants exist for illegals in Los Angeles isn't relevant since the issue has more to do with rights and not with how many arrest warrants are for illegal immigrants. It has little to do with the central issue which is that every hispanic person isn't an illegal immigrant and have not committed any crime and they should not be required to meet a higher burden then the rest of us simply because of their race. That Timothy McVeigh was white man doesn't mean that every white man should be suspected of wanting to bomb a Federal Building nor should every white man be treated in a way that would make him suspect of wanting to do so every time he enters a Federal Building. :eusa_doh:

How many arrest warrants exist for illegals in Los Angeles isn't relevant since the issue has more to do with rights and not with how many arrest warrants are for illegal immigrants. It has little to do with the central issue which is that every hispanic person isn't an illegal immigrant and have not committed any crime and they should not be required to meet a higher burden then the rest of us simply because of their race. That Timothy McVeigh was white man doesn't mean that every white man should be suspected of wanting to bomb a Federal Building nor should every white man be treated in a way that would make him suspect of wanting to do so every time he enters a Federal Building. :eusa_doh:

It does when the crime soars when the illegals population grows. The libs want to look the other way

Turning a blind eye to illegals kills an innocent kid

July 11, 2007 at 7:16 am · Filed under Uncategorized

Prosecutors allege that Mwenda Murithi was a leader in the Imperial Gangsters and on the evening of June 25 he gave the order to shoot at a rival gang, killing 13-year-old Schanna Gayden, an innocent bystander. Murithi, 26, was charged with first-degree murder along with the alleged gunman, Tony Serrano, 19. The question at trial will be whether there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Murithi is guilty of that charge.

The question I have, though, is why Murithi was in the country at all that night. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement records show he emigrated from Kenya on a student visa at the end of 1999 to study civil engineering at the University of Wisconsin at Platteville. That visa was valid as long as he continued his studies. When he dropped out of U.W.-Platteville before the 2002-03 school year began, he was no longer legally in the United States. ICE, which now operates under the umbrella of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, formally terminated Murithi’s visa Feb. 12, 2003, said Carl Rusnok, central-region spokesman for the immigration agency.

He became not just an uninvited guest in this country but a most unwelcome one: Chicago police records show Murithi was arrested 27 times from June 2003 until his arrest in connection with Schanna’s slaying on a Northwest Side school playground. The charges weren’t horrible — mostly possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, obstruction of traffic, drinking alcohol on a public way and other offenses commonly associated with the career of drug-dealing gang-bangers. Police said four of the charges were felonies; the Cook County state’s attorney’s office said Murithi had two misdemeanor convictions, one of which resulted in 30 days in jail this spring. But still. It’s disquieting that anyone with that kind of track record for trouble spent so little time behind bars. And it’s outrageous that Murithi was still in the United States June 25, more than four years after he became an illegal immigrant and began racking up arrests.

There’s a good debate about whether honest, hardworking immigrants should be allowed to stay if their only crime is related to their immigration status. But there’s no debate, at least in my mind, when it comes to criminal illegal immigrants. Murithi should have gone straight from jail this spring into federal detention and then back to Kenya. “If he was charged and did time, how come ICE wasn’t notified so they could detain him?” asked Brian Perryman, former head of the Chicago office of what is now ICE. “Why wasn’t he taken into custody after he served his sentence? And if ICE wasn’t notified, why not? That’s a big mistake.”

Not us! said the Chicago Police Department. “We don’t ever ask about immigration status,” said spokeswoman Monique Bond. “We leave that up to the courts.”

Not us! said the Cook County state’s attorney’s office. “We don’t check,” said spokesman John Gorman. “That’s for [ICE] to do. We’re not involved.”

Not us! said ICE. “Law enforcement agencies can contact our Law Enforcement Support Center for timely and accurate information” 24 hours a day, Rusnok said. If “the person who is being inquired about is subject to removal, [ICE] can place a detainer with the Police Department ordering the department to hold the person … to allow ICE officials to take the person into custody and begin removal proceedings.”

ICE has employees who screen cases for immigration violations at the Criminal Courts Building, but they are on duty only during business hours, Rusnok said. He said security regulations prevented him from saying how many agency employees there are to check the immigration status of all those charged or convicted of serious crimes in Cook County. Not enough, though, clearly. Schanna Gayden paid for this joint abdication of responsibility with her life. Next time the anti-violence protesters take to the streets, here’s an extra chant for them to direct to the mayor, the state’s attorney and immigration officials: “Throw the bums out!”

http://jonjayray.wordpress.com/2007/07/11/turning-a-blind-eye-to-illegals-kills-an-innocent-kid/

It does when the crime soars when the illegals population grows. The libs want to look the other way

It has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. When an illegal immigrant is arrested and convicted of a crime then they should be deported. Your point is moot since this issue has nothing to do with people who have committed a crime and everything to do with people who have not committed any crime other than being Hispanic. This argument has existed for every immigrant group in this country's history but it is always refuted by the simple fact that legal immigrants and persons of ethnic origin have a right to be free from harrassment and that they shouldn't be required to meet an additional burden then are those of any other race or ethnicity. To claim otherwise is pure nonsense. Also, I have no problem with the police checking a person's immigration status if they do SO FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST PEOPLE OF COLOR OR OF A SPECIFIC ETHNICITY.

It has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. When an illegal immigrant is arrested and convicted of a crime then they should be deported. Your point is moot since this issue has nothing to do with people who have committed a crime and everything to do with people who have not committed any crime other than being Hispanic. This argument has existed for every immigrant group in this country's history but it is always refuted by the simple fact that legal immigrants and persons of ethnic origin have a right to be free from harrassment and that they shouldn't be required to meet an additional burden then are those of any other race or ethnicity. To claim otherwise is pure nonsense. Also, I have no problem with the police checking a person's immigration status if they do SO FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST PEOPLE OF COLOR OR OF A SPECIFIC ETHNICITY.

Libs who run the cities rfuse to enfore the law

They openly bellow how they will not report them to ICE of enforce the Federal laws

Libs who run the cities rfuse to enfore the law

They openly bellow how they will not report them to ICE of enforce the Federal laws

Let's be very clear. Local cities and municipalities are not responsible for enforcing federal laws. That is the job of the federal government and federal law enforcement agencies. When our communities become an enforcement arm of the federal government we are in affect losing sight of the basic idea of separation of powers. The federal government serves a purpose, the states serve a purpose and the county and local governments serve a purpose and local government is not responsible for enforcing federal law or using local resources and taxes to do so thus giving the federal government a free ride. I would be more than glad for my community to enforce federal law if the federal government will re-imburse the taxpayers of my community for doing their jobs for them. Until that happens every community is within its rights to refuse to enforce another jurisdiction's laws. You don't see a county sheriff at your door enforcing a city law nor do you see a city officer at your door enforcing a county law and this holds true of state and federal laws as well. You don't want to deal with the fact that OUR COMMUNITIES ARE NOT YOUR BITCHES AND WE WON'T DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU AND THAT MAKES YOU UPSET THAT YOU DON'T GET FREE IMMIGRATION SERVICES FROM LOCAL CITIES. Get over it. It's not going to happen. The federal government has a law that they refuse to enforce and they expect local cities to do so for them and thus to bear the full burden of enforcing a law that is from another jurisdiction. Try reading the Constitution sometime. :eusa_boohoo:

Let's be very clear. Local cities and municipalities are not responsible for enforcing federal laws. That is the job of the federal government and federal law enforcement agencies. When our communities become an enforcement arm of the federal government we are in affect losing sight of the basic idea of separation of powers. The federal government serves a purpose, the states serve a purpose and the county and local governments serve a purpose and local government is not responsible for enforcing federal law or using local resources and taxes to do so thus giving the federal government a free ride. I would be more than glad for my community to enforce federal law if the federal government will re-imburse the taxpayers of my community for doing their jobs for them. Until that happens every community is within its rights to refuse to enforce another jurisdiction's laws. You don't see a county sheriff at your door enforcing a city law nor do you see a city officer at your door enforcing a county law and this holds true of state and federal laws as well. You don't want to deal with the fact that OUR COMMUNITIES ARE NOT YOUR BITCHES AND WE WON'T DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU AND THAT MAKES YOU UPSET THAT YOU DON'T GET FREE IMMIGRATION SERVICES FROM LOCAL CITIES. Get over it. It's not going to happen. The federal government has a law that they refuse to enforce and they expect local cities to do so for them and thus to bear the full burden of enforcing a law that is from another jurisdiction. Try reading the Constitution sometime. :eusa_boohoo:

The libs in those cities will not even REPORT hem to ICE so they can be picked up and deported

The libs in those cities will not even REPORT hem to ICE so they can be picked up and deported

Again, it's not the responsibility of cities to enforce federal law or to report suspected violations of federal law. This is the responsibility of the federal government. If the federal government wanted to do so they could easily obtain access to this information since it is public record. When the police make an arrest it is public record and ICE is able to find that information out. Instead, they want local communities to use their taxes and their resources to report suspected violations of federal law and this isn't going to happen simply because it isn't the responsibility of cities to do so. They no more call ICE then they do the city, county or state governments of every other state, county and city in the country. This is something you do not seem to understand. Ironically, you fail to realize that local police do run the names through a federal database to check warrants and to see if someone is wanted by another jurisdiction. This is all that any city is going to do and you might as well get used to it. If you have a problem with this than have the federal government pass a law that grants ICE access to requests to these databases because right now you are just being a jackass by wanting cities to do more than what any reasonable person would do. They aren't going to request Immigration status on every person they arrest or detain since that would be costly to do so and to do anything less than this would be a violation of the rights of people. Why? You don't get to choose which person you think is an illegal immigrant and which ones you don't think are because that violates their rights instead you have to do everyone, but right now the cities do run a federal check of people in their custody and that is sufficient. If the federal government wants to include an immigration flag than they can do so but communities aren't going to be the "bitches" of the federal government.

Again, it's not the responsibility of cities to enforce federal law or to report suspected violations of federal law. This is the responsibility of the federal government. If the federal government wanted to do so they could easily obtain access to this information since it is public record. When the police make an arrest it is public record and ICE is able to find that information out. Instead, they want local communities to use their taxes and their resources to report suspected violations of federal law and this isn't going to happen simply because it isn't the responsibility of cities to do so. They no more call ICE then they do the city, county or state governments of every other state, county and city in the country. This is something you do not seem to understand. Ironically, you fail to realize that local police do run the names through a federal database to check warrants and to see if someone is wanted by another state. This is all that any city is going to do and you might as well get used to it. If you have a problem with this than have the federal government pass a law that grants ICE access to requests to these databases because right now you are just being a jackass by wanting cities to do more than what any reasonable person would do. They aren't going to request Immigration status on every person they arrest or detain since that would be costly to do so and to do anything less than this would be a violation of the rights of people. Why? You don't get to choose which person you think is an illegal immigrant and which ones you don't think are because that violates their rights instead you have to do everyone, but right now the cities do run a federal check of people in their custody and that is sufficient. If the federal government wants to include an immigration flag than they can do so but communities aren't going to be the "bitches" of the federal government.

Since the elected Dems do not want to do thier jobs - crimes goes up, and legal citizens are the victims of crimes that could have been prevented

At the same time, those who demand they do their jobs - wea re called racists

Liberal logic is a wonder to behold

Since the elected Dems do not want to do thier jobs - crimes goes up, and legal citizens are the victims of crimes that could have been prevented

At the same time, those who demand they do their jobs - wea re called racists

Liberal logic is a wonder to behold

It is not the fucking responsibility of our cities to use our taxes and our resources to enforce a federal law. I am not paying taxes to multiple jurisidictions so that one does not have to enforce its own laws. Let me put it this way. My local taxes go to pay for the enforcement of local laws and for local needs and the people of our community pay them equally for those reasons (i.e., picking up the garbage, making sure we have good sidewalks, making sure our waste is properly disposed of, making sure we have our streets lighted, etc). We pay federal taxes so the federal government can do its fucking job and enforce federal law. It can't get any simple than that. You have this screwed up idea that cities are nothing more than appendages of the federal government. I don't know where the hell you grew up but apparently it's not America. Maybe it was Communist Russia where all jurisidictions were merely units of the national government but wherever the hell that was you can go back there.

It has nothing to do with racism (unless you are advocating that people of color or ethnic origin be singled out by the police) and everything to do with whose job it is. It's not a cities responsibility to enforce a federal law. It is the federal government's responsibility to do so. I pay local taxes to make sure that my community is safe and that local ordinances and laws are enforced. The same goes for the state and federal governments along with county taxes. This is a very simple thing which you don't want to grasp. I have no problem with the law being enforced but I do have a problem when one jurisdiction becomes responsible for enforcing the laws of another.

It is not the fucking responsibility of our cities to use our taxes and our resources to enforce a federal law. I am not paying taxes to multiple jurisidictions so that one does not have to enforce its own laws. Let me put it this way. My local taxes go to pay for the enforcement of local laws and for local needs and the people of our community pay them equally for those reasons (i.e., picking up the garbage, making sure we have good sidewalks, making sure our waste is properly disposed of, making sure we have our streets lighted, etc). We pay federal taxes so the federal government can do its fucking job and enforce federal law. It can't get any simple than that. You have this screwed up idea that cities are nothing more than appendages of the federal government. I don't know where the hell you grew up but apparently it's not America. Maybe it was Communist Russia where all jurisidictions were merely units of the national government but wherever the hell that was you can go back there.

But the same libs use our taxes and our resources to give illegals benfits that is intended for US citizens

But the same libs use our taxes and our resources to give illegals benfits that is intended for US citizens

It is apparent that you have no idea how local communities are funded because if you did you would realize that they are funded through service fees, property tax and through a sales tax which are paid evenly by citizens and non-citizens alike. I suggest you go back to school and take a basic civic's course because it is apparent that you lack any knowledge of what you are talking about. Local cities do not use our taxes to give illegal immigrants benefits that they did not pay for equally with the rest of the local tax base. What benefits are you talking about? The local city making sure they have sidewalks that are in good condition? Making sure that waste is removed in a sanitary manner? Making sure that they have drinking water? And enough water to flush their toilets and water their lawns? It is quite apparent you don't know how cities are funded or what those funds are used for or you would understand that illegal immigrants aren't receiving any benefits from a city (that they did not also contribute to) which I take it you mean welfare and health care since cities do not provide these services. ;)

It is apparent that you have no idea how local communities are funded because if you did you would realize that they are funded through service fees, property tax and through a sales tax which are paid evenly by citizens and non-citizens alike. I suggest you go back to school and take a basic civic's course because it is apparent that you lack any knowledge of what you are talking about. Local cities do not use our taxes to give illegal immigrants benefits that they did not pay for equally with the rest of the local tax base. What benefits are you talking about? The local city making sure they have sidewalks that are in good condition? Making sure that waste is removed in a sanitary manner? Making sure that they have drinking water? And enough water to flush their toilets and water their lawns? It is quite apparent you don't know how cities are funded or what those funds are used for or you would understand that illegal immigrants aren't receiving any benefits from a city (that they did not also contribute to) which I take it you mean welfare and health care since cities do not provide these services. ;)

So you have no problem with handing over taxpayer money to illegals who should not be here in the first place?

Yet, libs like you rant how there is not enough money to fund your social programs and how we need to tax the "rich" more to get the extra revenue

So you have no problem with handing over taxpayer money to illegals who should not be here in the first place?

Yet, libs like you rant how there is not enough money to fund your social programs and how we need to tax the "rich" more to get the extra revenue

First, where the hell do you get such a dumb conclusion. I have not said I do not have a problem handing over taxpayer money to illegals. Let me break it down for you though. Cities do not hand over tax payer money to anyone instead cities provide services such as garbage disposal, waste disposal, water, street lighting, etc and since illegals an visitors pay an equal amount for these services we don't give a damn whether they are here visiting for a day or are here illegally when it comes to local needs. Property tax is paid by illegals, sales tax is paid by illegals, and fees are paid by illegals and they receive the same benefits we all do from a city such as waste removal, garbage disposal, water, city infrastructure, etc. Illegals aren't benefiting from city taxes and fees to any greater degree than is anyone else since they pay those same taxes and fees merely be living or being in a city. If you have a problem with the state or federal government providing services to illegals, or non-citizens in this country who are not paying state or federal taxes than take it up with those jurisdictions but don't expect a local city to do so and to enforce federal laws with their limited resources when they have other needs to take care of.

Second, there aren't any fucking social programs offered by a damn city except for services such as libraries and museums you ignorant asshole and they are free to all residents, and visitors to the city. You have a screwed up understanding of how things work in our society. You expect cities who don't provide these services to illegal immigrants and who don't have funding to enforce federal laws when city resources are already scarce as they are to do so. My fucking city isn't going to enforce federal laws when we barely have enough to fund our own needs as a community you fucking reject. Maybe that comes across as selfish to you but when it comes down to it I pay the damn federal government to enforce federal laws and I pay local taxes, and fees to pay for local needs jackass. How much more clear do I need to be? Do you get it yet? Cities should not pay to enforce a federal law because we pay federal taxes for that. Cities aren't going to give the federal government free services and not benefit from the loss in revenue as a result of providing funding and resources to enforce federal law which revenue could be used for other city needs such as doing a new side-walk repair or adding more sidewalks to streets that don't have any jackass.

First, where the hell do you get such a dumb conclusion. I have not said I do not have a problem handing over taxpayer money to illegals. Let me break it down for you though. Cities do not hand over tax payer money to anyone instead cities provide services such as garbage disposal, waste disposal, water, street lighting, etc and since illegals an visitors pay an equal amount for these services we don't give a damn whether they are here visiting for a day or are here illegally when it comes to local needs. Property tax is paid by illegals, sales tax is paid by illegals, and fees are paid by illegals and they receive the same benefits we all do from a city such as waste removal, garbage disposal, water, city infrastructure, etc. Illegals aren't benefiting from city taxes and fees to any greater degree than is anyone else since they pay those same taxes and fees merely be living or being in a city. If you have a problem with the state or federal government providing services to illegals, or non-citizens in this country who are not paying state or federal taxes than take it up with those jurisdictions but don't expect a local city to do so and to enforce federal laws with their limited resources when they have other needs to take care of.

Second, there aren't any fucking social programs offered by a damn city except for services such as libraries and museums you ignorant asshole and they are free to all residents, and visitors to the city. You have a screwed up understanding of how things work in our society. You expect cities who don't provide these services to illegal immigrants and who don't have funding to enforce federal laws when city resources are already scarce as they are to do so. My fucking city isn't going to enforce federal laws when we barely have enough to fund our own needs as a community you fucking reject. Maybe that comes across as selfish to you but when it comes down to it I pay the damn federal government to enforce federal laws and I pay local taxes, and fees to pay for local needs jackass. How much more clear do I need to be? Do you get it yet? Cities should not pay to enforce a federal law because we pay federal taxes for that. Cities aren't going to give the federal government free services and not benefit from the loss in revenue as a result of providing funding and resources to enforce federal law which revenue could be used for other city needs such as doing a new side-walk repair or adding more sidewalks to streets that don't have any jackass.

so many words - so little facts

so many words - so little facts

Let me give it to you in these words: I am not going to pay local taxes and fees to enforce a federal law and lose out on a local sidewalk so my child can walk to school in safety so you don't have to pay as much in federal taxes to enforce a federal law. In my community there is a specific area where there is no sidewalk and children and people have to walk down the side of the street every day because it is near a school and church and yet you expect us to use our local resources to enforce a federal law. :badgrin: The list of sidewalk repairs and construction is lengthy by the way and we haven't even put a dent in it yet.

That is all the fact that matters. My local taxes and fees are intended to fund local needs and not enforcement of federal laws. You may not realize it but cities are not agencies of the federal government and our taxes are not going to be used to subsidize you or your family because your state or the federal government provides free social services to illegal immigrants who don't pay state or federal taxes. Take it up with your State and Federal officials in your State Legislature or the Congress.

There is no monetary incentive to cities to pay for the enforcement of federal laws because we lose nothing from having illegal immigrants in the city anymore than we do people who visit our community from England, Scotland, Germany, France, Russia or anywhere else. Illegals benefit our communites the same as tourists do. We don't lose anything from having illegals or visitors in our cities. Absolutely nothing! They can be renting an apartment or hotel room and we get property tax, they can buy food from the grocery store or a restaurant and we get sales tax or they could be paying for phonse services in their homes or as part of their hotel bills and we get 9-1-1 fees. So I really don't give a damn if you are upset that cities aren't using local revenues to subsidize the federal government be enforcing federal laws. I am outraged that the federal government isn't enforcing immigration laws and expect local communities to do so because it is outrageous because that is what I pay federal taxes for. If they aren't going to do their damn jobs than they can give us a damn refund or repeal the law since it makes no damn sense to have cities enforce it when we have other needs we can use our resources on such as city roads, city infrastructure, etc.

Forum List

Back