Could Just Archer Alexander Be Removed ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I never thought I would find myself calling for the removal of a statue, and I oppose statue removal in general, but in the case of the Lincoln/Alexander statue in Lincoln Park in Washington DC, I wonder if it could be right to remove just Archer Alexander from the statue, and leave Lincoln standing where he is.

Yeah, some might say if you give them an inch they'll take a mile. Well, they wont take a mile, or knock down more statues, if you bust their legs with a billy club, and arrest them, and jail them for 10 years. A good dose of that, and we'll see all this the statue lunacy coming to an end.

All of this crap is a result of Democrat pandering in Democrat run cities, which should have had a federal remedy in the form of National Guard and/or US troops. I really think Trump has been a little too reluctant to take action in this regard. He's been talking a good fight, but not quite fighting it enough. I will say that often it's a matter of timing, with the statue vandals showing up suddenly, and getting the jump on authorities, before they have time to respond. This is especially true when Democrat mayors and governors allow this madness, and it would take federal intervention to stop it.

With respect to the Lincoln/Alexander statue, protesters seem to only object to the presence of Alexander, and have no objection to Lincoln. I don't know if it's possible to cut out the Alexander portion, without damaging the whole statue, but if it is, it might be a step toward cooling things down among some protestors. To tell you the truth, the Alexander part of the statue DOES look kind of demeaning, and it might have just been a not well thought out design to begin with.

With other statues that have an ex-president and a black person alongside, Like the Theodore Roosevelt statue in New York, I think that statue looks fine as it is, and shouldn't be removed at all. In some cases, BLM and other loonies, are just too overzealous, if not deranged, for their own good.

1593323027813.png

I never thought I would find myself calling for the removal of a statue, and I oppose statue removal in general, but in the case of the Lincoln/Alexander statue in Lincoln Park in Washington DC, I wonder if it could be right to remove just Archer Alexander from the statue, and leave Lincoln standing where he is.

Yeah, some might say if you give them an inch they'll take a mile. Well, they wont take a mile, or knock down more statues, if you bust their legs with a billy club, and arrest them, and jail them for 10 years. A good dose of that, and we'll see all this the statue lunacy coming to an end.

All of this crap is a result of Democrat pandering in Democrat run cities, which should have had a federal remedy in the form of National Guard and/or US troops. I really think Trump has been a little too reluctant to take action in this regard. He's been talking a good fight, but not quite fighting it enough. I will say that often it's a matter of timing, with the statue vandals showing up suddenly, and getting the jump on authorities, before they have time to respond. This is especially true when Democrat mayors and governors allow this madness, and it would take federal intervention to stop it.

With respect to the Lincoln/Alexander statue, protesters seem to only object to the presence of Alexander, and have no objection to Lincoln. I don't know if it's possible to cut out the Alexander portion, without damaging the whole statue, but if it is, it might be a step toward cooling things down among some protestors. To tell you the truth, the Alexander part of the statue DOES look kind of demeaning, and it might have just been a not well thought out design to begin with.

With other statues that have an ex-president and a black person alongside, Like the Theodore Roosevelt statue in New York, I think that statue looks fine as it is, and shouldn't be removed at all. In some cases, BLM and other loonies, are just too overzealous, if not deranged, for their own good.

View attachment 356174

It looks demeaning because being a slave is demeaning. America committed a great evil in bringing Africans here to live and work as slaves, and it paid a horrific price, the Civil War, to remedy that evil. The statue perfectly captures both the horror of slavery and the glory of emancipation.

View attachment 356174

LEAVE THE STATUES ALONE. These statues not only commemorate important moments in history but are part of history themselves. Most of them are between 100-150 years old! You can't just deface or replace them without destroying an irretrievable part of our history. Changing / removing a statue does not CHANGE history.

All this statue stuff is preposterous-- -- -- history carries with it its own standards which you cannot judge by different standards in other times, nor can anyone judge what a statue "stands for" as that too is in the eye of the beholder.

It looks demeaning because being a slave is demeaning. America committed a great evil in bringing Africans here to live and work as slaves, and it paid a horrific price, the Civil War, to remedy that evil. The statue perfectly captures both the horror of slavery and the glory of emancipation.

Slaves were brought here before there was an America. In fact, it was one of the complaints in the Declaration of Independence. They struggled mightily with it and had to compromise in order to form the nation in 1787.

Slavery existed in this world long before America and sadly still exists today.

Forum List

Back