Cotton threatens to block DOJ nominees....

He has blocked everything else
Garland is a moderate. We all understand now. At some point in the most remote areas, real extremists will start to run for office to counter you asses. They will gain traction even by you demonizing them and even stopping some of them.

Why defend an action that was patently unconstitutional?

U.S. Marshals Service unlawfully deputized dozens of local Portland police officers as federal agents despite objections from city officials. The use of federal agents in these ways is a major shift in policy and threatens the independence of local law enforcement, according to the lawsuit. The complaint cites the anti-commandeering doctrine of the Tenth Amendment, which says that the federal government cannot require states or state officials to adopt or enforce federal law.
But when Missouri says state and local law enforcement isn't going to enforce unconstitutional federal gun laws... the left lost their shit.

Neither of us can have it both ways.

"The department currently represents or has paid for representation of over 70 federal employees who have been sued in connection with the events in Portland. Indeed, to date, the Department has denied legal representation for only one federal employee in these cases."

Much ado about nothing.
Link

Did another poster make that assertion or you are just throwing b.s against the wall because you haven't a factual rebuttal?
The Portland Courthouse is a Federal building and the only place to find the story was AP News, Reuters and BBC.

Sen. Cotton is absolutely right....This is more war on LEO by the Biden administration....And Garland....
"C:\"

One of my favorite sources.

This is more stir up the stupid. Your daily dose.

And, of course, here you are spreading the stupid as commanded by your gods in Trumpism.

"The department currently represents or has paid for representation of over 70 federal employees who have been sued in connection with the events in Portland. Indeed, to date, the Department has denied legal representation for only one federal employee in these cases."

Much ado about nothing.
No, it did its doody.

Got the shit stirred up among the Tiny Minded Trumpists

Now they will raise the flag of ignorance as march onward.

So, they’re not “troops”….They are law enforcement, which was appropriate to operate.
You probably shouldn't worry so much about convincing me. It's the courts that will piss on your beliefs.

You probably shouldn't worry so much about convincing me. It's the courts that will piss on your beliefs.
Well, we shall have to see...But in forums like this 'rhetoric' matters...If you think the courts will solve this, then let's see. But, using loaded language like calling Law enforcement, "troops" which gives the connotation that the military was deployed is inaccurate...Now, if you recall when this was happening, these rioters disrupted operations at that ICE building, and tried to burn it down...And, I am sure you believe they were just protesting, right? So, if that is the case, the 1/6 rioters were just protesting too...

Well, we shall have to see...But in forums like this 'rhetoric' matters...If you think the courts will solve this, then let's see. But, using loaded language like calling Law enforcement, "troops" which gives the connotation that the military was deployed is inaccurate...Now, if you recall when this was happening, these rioters disrupted operations at that ICE building, and tried to burn it down...And, I am sure you believe they were just protesting, right? So, if that is the case, the 1/6 rioters were just protesting too...
The final decision won't be made by anonymous posters on the internet. You didn't know that?

Forum List

Back