Corporations - not natural persons = no natural rights

Should corporations have the same rights as natural humans?

• No - but I do not agree with the amendment in the OP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can you put a corporation in prison?

Can a corporation cast a vote?

Can a corporation reproduce by biological means?

Does a corporation have intelligence?

Not a person.

Congress shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech.

A corporation can speak?

Or is it the peoples employed by that corporation that speak?

Congress shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech, regardless.

Let that sink in.

Oh... And just to throw it out there... Since corporations aren't individuals, then they shouldn't be taxed as if they were. Corporate tax is bullshit. It's just passed on to whoever is buying the good anyway.

Corporate taxes are really fun down here. They're based upon gross receipts.

Gross receipts? Wow. Same idea as your high sales tax?

It's 1 percent here. A good accountant can make it more bearable though. Sales taxes aren't that bad. No income tax.

I voted yes because I believe Natural cooperations were created by humans. I could be wrong but it came naturally for me...

Not a person.

Substitute govt for corporation in your analysis. Yet, govt is of the people, by the people, and for the people. Although, lately one could argue that it is against the people.

Oh... And just to throw it out there... Since corporations aren't individuals, then they shouldn't be taxed as if they were. Corporate tax is bullshit. It's just passed on to whoever is buying the good anyway.

You talking to me? Because frankly a Corporate tax is the same as a sales tax for the most part. Except...

It's harder to hide for the corporation since it's taken at the sale of the item and not it's profit...

And you think the government cares that you have a job now? Think about it... The governments money come from the PEOPLE buying things, and it's guaranteed at the point of the sale. Suddenly competition becomes a much higher priority to the government and too big to fail is... Meaningless now.

More failure. Epic.

LOL

'The word "corporation" derives from corpus, the Latin word for body, or a "body of people." '

Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latin I,II,III in high school and college - sorry, Wikipedia is incorrect. Consult any Latin dictionary and you'll see that "corpus" literally means the physical body of a human.

You must have failed at Latin as you continue to fail here.

Corpus is the singular. Corpora is the plural. More than one body, or a body of people.

LOL

The plural of "body" is "bodies" not "body of the people".

Not a person.

Substitute govt for corporation in your analysis. Yet, govt is of the people, by the people, and for the people. Although, lately one could argue that it is against the people.
I fail to see how that changes anything to the point. The government is not a person.

The governments job is to see that individual rights are defended. Not specail interest... Not... Anything but individual rights.

You talking to me? Because frankly a Corporate tax is the same as a sales tax for the most part. Except...

It's harder to hide for the corporation since it's taken at the sale of the item and not it's profit...

And you think the government cares that you have a job now? Think about it... The governments money come from the PEOPLE buying things, and it's guaranteed at the point of the sale. Suddenly competition becomes a much higher priority to the government and too big to fail is... Meaningless now.

That was incoherent.

I was talking to Trout about corporate taxes being based on gross sales versus a net profit.

There would have been no reason to draw distinction between individuals and the 'entity' in the First Amendment had your argument any validity.[

What was the reason for drawing such a distinction?

So that some totalitarian such as yourself couldn't come along and attempt to abridge speech by claiming groups of people acting in a corporate voice shall be silenced.

So "the press" means "the corporations" - according to you?

Not a person.

A government is not a person either unless it is a total dictatorship.
IN that case the govt is the person but not a seperate person.

Latin I,II,III in high school and college - sorry, Wikipedia is incorrect. Consult any Latin dictionary and you'll see that "corpus" literally means the physical body of a human.

You must have failed at Latin as you continue to fail here.

Corpus is the singular. Corpora is the plural. More than one body, or a body of people.

LOL

The plural of "body" is "bodies" not "body of the people".

In English, yes. But we don't drop the 'y' and add 'ies' in Latin.

More failure.

LOL

Not a person.

I fail to see how that changes anything to the point. The government is not a person.

The governments job is to see that individual rights are defended. Not specail interest... Not... Anything but individual rights.

True, but a corporation does consist of a governing body. Without such no decisions can be made.

That was incoherent.
Eh... If it means anything to you I'll try again in a different way.

I was talking to Trout about corporate taxes being based on gross sales versus a net profit.
Ok... My badd. I'll let it go unless you want me to try to explain myself a different way. I try very hard to keep things short for attention spans. (((Not saying against you or trying to be a dick in anyway. It's more obvious when I mean to)))

Corpus doesn't mean "body of people" in Latin you moron, it means just "body". Its the body of a single person - not of "people".

Can you define what "the press" is?

More failure. Epic.

LOL

'The word "corporation" derives from corpus, the Latin word for body, or a "body of people." '

Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

corpus -poris n. [body , substance, matter]; esp. [the body] of men and animals; [flesh, the trunk]; sometimes [a corpse]. Transf., [a person, 'a body'; the 'body politic']; in gen., [the main mass] of a thing.

Guess you should have passed those classes instead of sleeping thru them

True, but a corporation does consist of a governing body. Without such no decisions can be made.

A governing body is not A person.

A coporation is not a person in the planning stages, but once it's incorporated or birthed if you will......we can call it a person, ok?

Forum List

Back