Coon vs Possum- Cage Match

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2020
So here on the ranch we get critter problems. They'll attack & kill the chickens, eat the eggs, terrorize the barn cats & smaller dogs, tear open the bags of feed, even infect the horses with diseases.
In the last month we've dealt with a skunk & babies setting up house in the horse barn, 3 racoons & 1 possum.
Like I've said before, I'm not a big fan of killing things these days so we generally use a humane trap when possible & relocate them miles away when we can.

We set up the trap in a horse stall last night that we kept finding critter doodies in & this AM, we found this.
The messy looking carcass on the bottom is a possum & the racoon must have got into the trap after the door was shut.
He killed & ate the possum. Never seen anything like this before.
We'll have to put this coon down, he's just too dangerous to take chances with.
Nature can be vicious.

coonvspossum.jpg

So here on the ranch we get critter problems. They'll attack & kill the chickens, eat the eggs, terrorize the barn cats & smaller dogs, tear open the bags of feed, even infect the horses with diseases.
In the last month we've dealt with a skunk & babies setting up house in the horse barn, 3 racoons & 1 possum.
Like I've said before, I'm not a big fan of killing things these days so we generally use a humane trap when possible & relocate them miles away when we can.

We set up the trap in a horse stall last night that we kept finding critter doodies in & this AM, we found this.
The messy looking carcass on the bottom is a possum & the racoon must have got into the trap after the door was shut.
He killed & ate the possum. Never seen anything like this before.
We'll have to put this coon down, he's just too dangerous to take chances with.
Nature can be vicious.

View attachment 678593
Wow.

My dog tried to fight a possum and a raccoon. The possums are defensive. Raccoon go on the offense. My dog jumped on this little raccoon and he’s not tough enough to snap it’s neck quick so I had to break it up right when the raccoon was about to f him up. I picked my dog up like a pillow and shook the raccoon off him. Thank god it let go.

Raccoons are badasses. My grandfather told me about a neighbor of his that had his large german shepherd killed by a raccoon. The animal went into the pond and the dog followed/chased him. The raccoon got to the middle and turned around and climbed on the dog's head.

Coons are smart tough and mean. Possums are just nasty. They pass out from fear and crap all over everything.

Coons are smart tough and mean. Possums are just nasty. They pass out from fear and crap all over everything.
I worry with those teeth one day they might bite my dog and they too would f him up I’m sure.

Attachments

• 3CF4A4A4-3D16-412F-B353-F39EF76F7FF4.jpeg
    3CF4A4A4-3D16-412F-B353-F39EF76F7FF4.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 22

Forum List

Back