Cooking with Mr. P..A southern Thang

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Anyone interested in Boiled peanuts?

Their good...and this is a great time of year for em...Ya got the games going on
and the harvest has about ended...so...you have a good chance of finding fresh
peanuts in the grocery, not the year old stuff...

Easy to make too...(GUYS)

Mr. P said:

Their good...and this is a great time of year for em...Ya got the games going on

I am still waiting for my recipe for SHRIMP, the hell with they guys and peanuts! let them boil their OWN peanuts!
:teeth:

Mr. P said:

I love peanuts Mr. P. How long should they be boiled? Then what? Salt or some Southern thang?

Yeah, that sounds good.
Me eats lots of peanut butter.
Rather fry up some shrimp myself though, I'm with ya there Janeen!
Or combine the two and do a shrimp in a thai peanut sauce...mmmmmmmmmm.

Those are THE nastiest things on this planet!!

My wife LOVEs them....lol

I love Boiled Peanuts. Every year when we go to the beach, we stop for boiled peanuts. Family tradition and all, LOL!! Let's have the recipe, hmmm, Christmas presents for people I don't plan on buying for. LOL!! They'll love me! :mm:

Here ya go folks...
The shrimp are come too...janeeng.

Boiled Peanuts.

The best results will be with fresh peanuts. Old nuts take forever to cook and in the end do not taste as good. Fresh peanuts (depending on the amount, about 1 lb.) will cook in about 1 ½ - 2hrs.
The grocery usually has them in bulk this time of year. They should feel somewhat moist and smell like dirt. Bag at least 1 lb. in one of those clear vegetable bags.

*Plan on cooking them within a day or two of purchase. Remove them from the plastic bag when you get home. If you do not they will mold very fast.

1. In a large dark pot cover with water, add salt, about ½ cup per pound. Bring to a medium boil for 1hr.

2. Check for doneness, taste one or two (the peanut should be soft but not mushy and slightly salty) add salt and water if necessary (keep em covered with water). You can add additional salt anytime.

Notes:

1. If you use an aluminum pot cooking time will increase.
2. When done, scoop out what you want and leave the rest in the brine.
3. Best when eaten hot/warm.
4. Break the shell down the seam with your teeth AND SUCK THAT JUICE!

Let me know how they come out...

Mr. P

I'm going to find me peanuts TODAY!! My mouth was just watering reading the directions! Thanks Mr. P, I can't wait to find out what's cooking next!!! :thup:

Forum List

Back