Convening a Committee to Horsewhip Thomas Massie for Treason and Gross Stupidity

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Another mindless ideologue, sacrificing the lives of the American people because he is a moron.

Congressional leaders scrambled Friday to stall a rogue GOP lawmaker's last-ditch attempt to force a prolonged, roll-call vote on the massive $2 trillion coronavirus response package, which is all but certain to pass in the end.

Thomas Massie, R-Ky., signaled Friday morning that he would indeed demand a roll-call vote.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT TO KNOW

“I swore an oath to uphold the constitution, and I take that oath seriously. In a few moments I will request a vote on the CARES Act which means members of Congress will vote on it by pushing ‘yes’ or ‘no’ or ‘present,’” he tweeted.

He indicated he wants to ensure there is a quorum, which would require half of the members to show up on Capitol Hill. This could drag out the process for hours, in addition to raising concerns about exposure to the coronavirus on the Hill.

But House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy nevertheless signaled he’s got an exit strategy, insisting to reporters that they can pass the bill without a roll-call vote.

He did not explain how, but the expectation is that Massie will indeed ask for a recorded vote. Another member is expected to then call for a quorum, at which point a count will be conducted of all members on the floor and in the gallery -- they have been streaming into the chamber over the course of the morning and afternoon in preparation.

Presuming there is a quorum, members could still oppose the roll-call vote -- prompting a simple voice vote.

Upon catching wind of the plan, Massie howled on Twitter over the parliamentary machinations.

"It’s pretty clear now, with enough members here to pass the bill, that Pelosi and McCarthy are still working together to block a recorded vote just to insulate members of Congress from ACCOUNTABILITY. Biggest spending bill in the history of mankind, and no recorded vote? #SWAMP," he tweeted.

Another mindless ideologue, sacrificing the lives of the American people because he is a moron.

Congressional leaders scrambled Friday to stall a rogue GOP lawmaker's last-ditch attempt to force a prolonged, roll-call vote on the massive $2 trillion coronavirus response package, which is all but certain to pass in the end.

Thomas Massie, R-Ky., signaled Friday morning that he would indeed demand a roll-call vote.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT TO KNOW

“I swore an oath to uphold the constitution, and I take that oath seriously. In a few moments I will request a vote on the CARES Act which means members of Congress will vote on it by pushing ‘yes’ or ‘no’ or ‘present,’” he tweeted.

He indicated he wants to ensure there is a quorum, which would require half of the members to show up on Capitol Hill. This could drag out the process for hours, in addition to raising concerns about exposure to the coronavirus on the Hill.

But House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy nevertheless signaled he’s got an exit strategy, insisting to reporters that they can pass the bill without a roll-call vote.

He did not explain how, but the expectation is that Massie will indeed ask for a recorded vote. Another member is expected to then call for a quorum, at which point a count will be conducted of all members on the floor and in the gallery -- they have been streaming into the chamber over the course of the morning and afternoon in preparation.

Presuming there is a quorum, members could still oppose the roll-call vote -- prompting a simple voice vote.

Upon catching wind of the plan, Massie howled on Twitter over the parliamentary machinations.

"It’s pretty clear now, with enough members here to pass the bill, that Pelosi and McCarthy are still working together to block a recorded vote just to insulate members of Congress from ACCOUNTABILITY. Biggest spending bill in the history of mankind, and no recorded vote? #SWAMP," he tweeted.

I say we just go toilet-paper his house.

With used TP of course.

Because this is a bunch of crap.

A rare agreement with the OP. Forcing Congresscritters to travel and congregate, against known medical anti-contagion advice, not only pisses taxpayer dollars down the drain but literally puts lives in danger.

I don't like the grandstanding.
But I also don't like "who yells the loudest" being the deciding factor.
We NEED to have a clear and public record of who is voting against America on this one.
No we really dont because everyone in Congress supports it, even Massy.

He is just being a dick.

Forum List

Back