Convalescent Plasma - Donald's new miracle cure refuted by NIH

I donated on Monday and the Red Cross could not be more thankful. How do you explain that? Plasma for COVID-19 patients. They asked me to donate again in 4 weeks.

Again, how do you explain that please? Is the American Red Cross lying?

Your plasma donations are no doubt a gift of the highest order.
They are for RESEARCH in order to conduct clinical trials. NOT for immediate injection into others.
Sheesh dude, you're smarter than that. Or at least I thought you MIGHT be.
Ummm...nope. The app I have actually has a tab to follow the journey of the plasma and see who receives it.

The donation is 100% to COVID-19 patients who need it. Why don't you donate? Or does blood make you all wobbly? Again, as a COVID-19 survivor I am helping others. You just bitch and moan like a sissy boy.

Next?

I donated on Monday and the Red Cross could not be more thankful. How do you explain that? Plasma for COVID-19 patients. They asked me to donate again in 4 weeks.

They are for RESEARCH in order to conduct clinical trials. NOT for immediate injection into others.
Here is the verbiage from the email I received:

You have successfully completed all program pre-screening and now have an appointment to donate COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma. Your donation will be given to patients battling this illness and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Please bring this email to your appointment either as a print out or on your phone as proof of completed COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma pre-screening.

Your appointment to donate Convalescent Plasma is:
APPOINTMENT DATE: 8/31/2020
APPOINTMENT TIME: 2:45PM

Let see, we now have hydroxychloroquine, injecting disinfectants, magical thinking and a probable October surprise consisting of a vaccine rushed out prior to clinical trial that only idiots will foolish enough to take.

And now C-Plasma? Sadly the CDC and FDA have become the final government agencies almost completely corrupted by Donald J Trump. Bring back Dr Fauci and actual SCIENCE - - - Please?!!

A panel of experts convened by the National Institute of Health issued a statement Tuesday directly contradicting the Food and Drug Administration and the president’s claim that convalescent plasma has been proven to be effective in treating COVID-19 patients. According to the NIH panel, data indicating convalescent plasma can treat COVID-19 is “insufficient.” The FDA granted an emergency authorization for the use of the substance, gleaned from the blood of coronavirus survivors, just last week. President Donald Trump touted a statistic saying that the plasma was “proven to reduce mortality by 35 percent.”​
Scientists have called that figure misleading because the study that made the finding has not yet been peer reviewed or published, nor did it make use of a control group given a placebo, making it neither randomized nor controlled, the gold standard of medical research. The FDA’s commissioner Stephen Hahn has admitted he overstated convalescent plasma’s benefits as well. The NIH panel found that there were “currently no data from well-controlled, adequately powered randomized clinical trials” and therefore “insufficient data to recommend either for or against the use of convalescent plasma for the treatment of COVID-19.”​

GettyImages-1266354312_orpoor
and i suppose neoplasms arent better than chemo...right? you believe what you need to

You have successfully completed all program pre-screening and now have an appointment to donate COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma. Your donation will be given to patients battling this illness and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Well all fun banter aside for the moment, I think it is a great thing you are doing. I give blood at Red Cross as many times as I can each year and am inspired now to donate plasma also.

Well all fun banter aside for the moment, I think it is a great thing you are doing. I give blood at Red Cross as many times as I can each year and am inspired now to donate plasma also.
Well I had to get COVID-19 first so that sucked but now I can help others. So thank you. Let's see what Doc says now, LOL. Funny how the media lies. So for me it is the naked eye test and I gave my actual blood to help others. Research!?!?!?!? LMAO!!!!

Where did Doc go? Hmmm......

LOL

Funny how the truth makes Leftists scramble and run away.

Covalescent plasma has been vindicated and proven.

{...

COVID Convalescent Plasma Finds a Therapeutic Role​

— Growing evidence shows benefits in the immunocompromised​

by Arturo Casadevall, MD, PhD, Jeffrey P. Henderson MD, PhD, Brenda J. Grossman, MD, MPH, Michael J. Joyner, MD, Shmuel Shoham, MD, Nigel Paneth, MD, MPH, and Liise-anne Pirofski, MD June 19, 2022

In the dark days of the early COVID-19 pandemic, when there was no known therapy, COVID-19 convalescent plasma (CCP) brought a ray of hope. COVID-19 survivors, community organizers, clinicians, regulators, and blood bankers collaborated to quickly bring CCP to patients. First used at the end of March 2020 in the U.S., 40% of all hospitalized patients were being treated with CCP by October 2020, considerable progress for a treatment without pharmaceutical industry support.

Since those early days, CCP use has largely fallen off based on insufficient evidence of efficacy in hospitalized patients and the availability of other therapies. But growing evidence has shown benefits of CCP in a population with diminished treatment options and vaccine responses: the immunocompromised. This population encompasses about 3% of the population and their needs have been relatively neglected in treatment guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Review of CCP History and Data

Guided by historical principles of antibody therapy dictating early use that were increasingly affirmed by contemporary data, more clinicians began to treat COVID-19 patients with CCP as rapidly as possible after hospital admission during the beginning of the pandemic. The FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for inpatient CCP use in August 2020. However, several randomized controlled trials (RCTs) then reported no benefit of CCP in hospitalized COVID-19 patients. These trials, conducted mostly abroad, tested CCP in critically ill patients, some using CCP units without sufficient antibody content. Negative results from these trials were generalized to all COVID-19 patients, irrespective of their stage of disease, contributing to a precipitous decline in CCP use by early 2021. The concurrent approval and increased availability of remdesivir, which is also most effective in the early stage of COVID-19 infection, may also have contributed to diminished CCP demand.
...}

Covalescent plasma has been vindicated and proven.

{...

COVID Convalescent Plasma Finds a Therapeutic Role​

— Growing evidence shows benefits in the immunocompromised​

by Arturo Casadevall, MD, PhD, Jeffrey P. Henderson MD, PhD, Brenda J. Grossman, MD, MPH, Michael J. Joyner, MD, Shmuel Shoham, MD, Nigel Paneth, MD, MPH, and Liise-anne Pirofski, MD June 19, 2022

In the dark days of the early COVID-19 pandemic, when there was no known therapy, COVID-19 convalescent plasma (CCP) brought a ray of hope. COVID-19 survivors, community organizers, clinicians, regulators, and blood bankers collaborated to quickly bring CCP to patients. First used at the end of March 2020 in the U.S., 40% of all hospitalized patients were being treated with CCP by October 2020, considerable progress for a treatment without pharmaceutical industry support.

Since those early days, CCP use has largely fallen off based on insufficient evidence of efficacy in hospitalized patients and the availability of other therapies. But growing evidence has shown benefits of CCP in a population with diminished treatment options and vaccine responses: the immunocompromised. This population encompasses about 3% of the population and their needs have been relatively neglected in treatment guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.

A Review of CCP History and Data

Guided by historical principles of antibody therapy dictating early use that were increasingly affirmed by contemporary data, more clinicians began to treat COVID-19 patients with CCP as rapidly as possible after hospital admission during the beginning of the pandemic. The FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for inpatient CCP use in August 2020. However, several randomized controlled trials (RCTs) then reported no benefit of CCP in hospitalized COVID-19 patients. These trials, conducted mostly abroad, tested CCP in critically ill patients, some using CCP units without sufficient antibody content. Negative results from these trials were generalized to all COVID-19 patients, irrespective of their stage of disease, contributing to a precipitous decline in CCP use by early 2021. The concurrent approval and increased availability of remdesivir, which is also most effective in the early stage of COVID-19 infection, may also have contributed to diminished CCP demand.
...}
We knew this over two years ago.. The left suppressed the information in favor of high cost shots that didn't work and let people die who could have been saved. I think we should be charging them with criminal homicide because they did this intentionally and with malic. They did this as well with other low cost drugs that were therapeutic like Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. These bastards need to be in jail or hung for this starting with Anthony Fauci.

Forum List

Back