Congressional Action Needed on Presidential Health

I don't. Ralph Nader remains sharp as a tack at 88. One still needs to be wiping their own ass though. I'd draw the line there.

When Snopes can't deny it...........................

Now that the GOP has the rock, I think they should launch a bill to make the annual presidential physical a federal law. Currently the President is not required to undergo any health physical. The disclosure, like income tax releases, was just something they did. But now I think the GOP should enact a bill to make it mandatory. And, depending on the make-up of the bill of course, I would support the concept and probably the bill.

Those who watched The West Wing may recall that the President hid a multiple sclerosis diagnosis (he had it before he became President) from the public. And while it was in remission, it wasn't showing up on his annual physicals. Of course, this is fiction. But it also has happened in the past. Woodrow Wilson had a massive stroke on 10/2/1919 and was bedridden for most of the presidency thereafter. He developed dementia. His wife essentially ran the Presidency. While I doubt that would happen these days, like everything else, we should codify a statute stating that the President needs to go through a required health exam.

Mary Graham wrote a book on the subject called Presidential Secrets; The Use and Abuse of Hidden Power. On a podcast she recently said:

I think we’re going to have to have an act of Congress that provides the information. So​
financial disclosure is now routine. Shouldn’t we also have an annual health disclosure for a​
president who so much depends on? Some group can decide if there’s something in the report​
that suggests a developing health problem that might relate to the president’s capacity to​
govern, then that should be revealed. I really believe in the American people, if they have the​
information they’ll then decide what to do whether it’s at the next election or making their voices​
heard in a way that forces the people within the administration to face the issue.​
I think she makes some great points. I'm not so sure it should be something required for candidates but once they get into office, they become our employee. We should be able to know if the health of the guardian of the people's trust is physically able to do the job.

The Democrats would likely never go for it in this day and age with a Democratic president. So the bill, if introduced, should be set to go into effect in 2030 or at some other time in the future. I would say that they should do it quarterly.
They cant just do that. Its unconstitutional.
Why you wish to shred the constitution, trump?

Its only a "living document" by means of the amendment process, federal supremacist.
Wrong. I'm a "loose constructionist" or realist.
In United States constitutional law, the Living Constitution view, also known as loose constructionism, changes the interpretation of the document over time. The opposing view, originalism, holds that the original intent or meaning of the writers of the Constitution should guide its interpretation.
Bully for you, originalist. What was "the original intent" of allowing for amendments? Just to get the thing signed in the first place by a measly thirteen States.. they had to add ten.

Last edited:
Wrong. I'm a "loose constructionist" or realist.

Bully for you, originalist.
You are a federal supremacist. I have been reading your bullshit for years.
The "living document" bullshit was made up by...... care to take a guess?
A federal supremacist named Charles Hughes
:lol:

You are a federal supremacist. I have been reading your bullshit for years.
The "living document" bullshit was made up by...... care to take a guess?
A federal supremacist named Charles Hughes
:lol:
Some unknown Republican and who gives a flying fuck? Your conflation of "A federal supremacist" with "living document" is what's BS. Pipe down and actually learn something before opening that pie hole:

Some unknown Republican and who gives a flying fuck? Your conflation of "A federal supremacist" with "living document" is what's BS. Pipe down and actually learn something before opening that pie hole:
He was chief justice of the supreme court, dumbass.
I know what the theory is. It was made to justify giving the SC power to do whatever the hell they want, and take power from the states and the individual.
And you support it, like the good federal supremacist you are.

I have to laugh at those legal pragmatists who believe the Constitution is a "living, breathing document" which can be altered by a simple decision by nine judges on the Supreme Court. Especially after how the same court's decision destroyed the left's idiotic notion that abortions are a "constitutional right."

Perhaps those legal pragmatists and "living constitutionalists" should be careful what they ask for. :laughing0301:

He was chief justice of the supreme court, dumbass.
I know what the theory is. It was made to justify giving the SC power to do whatever the hell they want, and take power from the states and the individual.
And you support it, like the good federal supremacist you are.
He was a Republican dumbass and he was Republican, dumbass. And still nothing to offer supporting this wacked notion of being "made to justify giving the SC power to do whatever the hell they want, and take power from the states and the individual."
Face it. You just can't manage to explain how my support for a living Constitution makes me a federal supremacist in any coherent manner. Well, fuck you very much too, asshole. Hope you feel better. ;)

He was a Republican dumbass and he was Republican, dumbass. And still nothing to offer supporting this wacked notion of being "made to justify giving the SC power to do whatever the hell they want, and take power from the states and the individual."
Face it. You just can't manage to explain how my support for a living Constitution makes me a federal supremacist in any coherent manner. Well, fuck you very much too, asshole. Hope you feel better. ;)
Who cares if he was a republican or not? In your "mind" is that supposed to mean something?
I already did, you illiterate moron.
The living document theory is some bullshit a federal supremacist made up to justify the fed gov doing whatever in the hell it wants.
Intent doesnt change over time, amendments can.
Now fuck off, hack.

Who cares if he was a republican or not? In your "mind" is that supposed to mean something?
I already did, you illiterate moron.
The living document theory is some bullshit a federal supremacist made up to justify the fed gov doing whatever in the hell it wants.
Intent doesnt change over time, amendments can.
Now fuck off, hack.
So you don't feel better. Oh well, I tried.

Can’t paint all 70 y/o with a broad brush.

I also don’t like being told who I can vote for
no you cant...but as we have seen every president over 70 has had some kind of mental problems as we have seen with Reagan and Trump and now Biden....and no one is telling you who you can vote for.....there is such a thing as qualifications....why does a president have to be at least 35 years old?.....are we painting all 25 and 30 year olds with that brush?...being president is the most stress filled job in this country....

Forum List

Back