Concert T-Shirts??

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Back in 1978 I went to see Styx. They were touring in support of the album "The Grand Illusion". I remember the ticket was $6.

I remember I didn't have money to buy a concert t-shirt. Back then shirts were almost always $5, and I just didn't have it. So I made one in my silk screening class. I used the logo from the album "Styx II" and, if I say so myself, it turned pout pretty damn good. I had people at the show wanting to buy it off my back.

Night before last, my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I went to see Night Ranger and Styx at the St. Augustine Amphitheater.

Someone mind telling me when the fuck did concert t-shirts (just regular, old black t-shirts) go up to $45??

Back in 1978 I went to see Styx. They were touring in support of the album "The Grand Illusion". I remember the ticket was $6.

I remember I didn't have money to buy a concert t-shirt. Back then shirts were almost always $5, and I just didn't have it. So I made one in my silk screening class. I used the logo from the album "Styx II" and, if I say so myself, it turned pout pretty damn good. I had people at the show wanting to buy it off my back.

Night before last, my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I went to see Night Ranger and Styx at the St. Augustine Amphitheater.

Someone mind telling me when the fuck did concert t-shirts (just regular, old black t-shirts) go up to $45??

when the fuck did concert t-shirts (just regular, old black t-shirts) go up to $45??

When bands stopped making money on album sales.

$45 is ridiculous, but I'm not surprised.

Concerts, album sales and singles are not money makers for bands anymore. The vast majority of money comes from apparel and merchandise sales. Anytime you're going to a venue, you're paying the venue, the shirt maker and the band. That's why I go online to get my Slipknot merch.

Honestly Etsy is the best place to go.

1650826746953.png

Late 70's to early 80's Styx concert t-shirts are bringing $80 or so on Ebay, and Nirvana shirts can bring several hundred dollars. This one brought over $800:

Vintage Nirvana Kurt Cobain Giant All Over Print Concert T-Shirt XL Excellent Co | eBay

Here's a 1980's Pink Floyd shirt that brought $1200...

VTG 80s Pink Floyd The Wall Concert Tour T-Shirt 3/4 Sleeve Double Sided Sz M | eBay

1986 Iron Maiden t-shirt that went for a grand:

vintage 1986 iron maiden concert tour shirt , jersey live after death Mega rare | eBay

Another thing to add to the list after what has been said here already is inflation. Sadly, that is the one thing that may never go away. I haven't been to a concert since 2018 and so I don't know what a shirt goes for at a show these days.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The shirts that I have of the Oak Ridge Boys came from Ebay because I wanted ones from the late eighties and early nineties. I paid different prices for them. People I guess are free to charge whatever they want for whatever they are willing to part with.

Last edited:
$45 is ridiculous, but I'm not surprised.

Concerts, album sales and singles are not money makers for bands anymore. The vast majority of money comes from apparel and merchandise sales. Anytime you're going to a venue, you're paying the venue, the shirt maker and the band. That's why I go online to get my Slipknot merch.

Honestly Etsy is the best place to go.

Oh, I wasn't buying any merch. I'll be 60 in July. My concert t-shirt wearin' days are behind me.

I didn't expect them to be five bucks, but I didn't expect them to be that expensive, either...

Late 70's to early 80's Styx concert t-shirts are bringing $80 or so on Ebay, and Nirvana shirts can bring several hundred dollars. This one brought over $800:

Vintage Nirvana Kurt Cobain Giant All Over Print Concert T-Shirt XL Excellent Co | eBay

Here's a 1980's Pink Floyd shirt that brought $1200...

VTG 80s Pink Floyd The Wall Concert Tour T-Shirt 3/4 Sleeve Double Sided Sz M | eBay

1986 Iron Maiden t-shirt that went for a grand:

vintage 1986 iron maiden concert tour shirt , jersey live after death Mega rare | eBay

Damn!

Somewhere around here I've got a Styx shirt from later on in that tour. It's as thin as can be and stretched out, but it's still a cool old shirt. I've got another Styx shirt, from their 2009 tour, that's never been worn. My daughter wants that one...

I wonder what you guys think about people wearing t shirts of bands that they don't even know.

One time i saw a dude wearing a Nirvana shirt and i said, like dude. You like Nirvana too?

And the dude said "what are you talking about?"

When he didn't know what i meant.

I think i should have asked him to name 4 or 5 songs from Nirvana without looking it up on a tablet or such.

Oh, I wasn't buying any merch. I'll be 60 in July. My concert t-shirt wearin' days are behind me.

I didn't expect them to be five bucks, but I didn't expect them to be that expensive, either...

Welcome to 2022.

I don't buy concert T-shirts, but I buy Band shirts and even a custom hoodie. My custom made SlipKnoT hoodie cost me only $45 and it's the best hoodie I own.

When Biden became president, silly boy.

Forum List

Back