Commitment to your dog

If they are misbehaving and she wont take steps to correct it you have a point.

Some dogs are good. Some are not
If you insist your wife choose between you and the dogs, then you're not very committed to your wife.

So should I just kill the dogs? I would but I think it might be illegal where I live. Even if it is legal it sure isn’t socially acceptable.
because you are a crappy husband and dog owner?

I am both of those. So what should I do?

Talk to someone who works at an animals shelter and ask them how owner surrendered dogs fare. Most end up euthanized. And they spend their last days in agony.

How committed should you be? You took on the responsibility of a life when you got the dog. You should honor the committment.

As for why dogs are revered and cockroaches despised, that one is easy. There is no animal that loves like a dog does. Without hesitation they will forgive you, give their life for you, and see every moment with you as a treasure.

You got the dog and now you give your wife the "me or the dog" ultimatum? I know what I would suggest for your wife.

For my wife and myself, our animals ARE our children. That's how they get treated. They have their own medical insurance policies. Their care is of paramount importance to both of us.

As it has been for both of us with all our animals, even before we met a decade ago.

If they are misbehaving and she wont take steps to correct it you have a point.

Some dogs are good. Some are not
If you insist your wife choose between you and the dogs, then you're not very committed to your wife.

So should I just kill the dogs? I would but I think it might be illegal where I live. Even if it is legal it sure isn’t socially acceptable.
because you are a crappy husband and dog owner?

I am both of those. So what should I do?

Dogs are what you make of them. I have had dogs my entire life. Every single one of them was a good dog. Some took a little more effort is all.

Talk to someone who works at an animals shelter and ask them how owner surrendered dogs fare. Most end up euthanized. And they spend their last days in agony.

How committed should you be? You took on the responsibility of a life when you got the dog. You should honor the committment.

As for why dogs are revered and cockroaches despised, that one is easy. There is no animal that loves like a dog does. Without hesitation they will forgive you, give their life for you, and see every moment with you as a treasure.

You got the dog and now you give your wife the "me or the dog" ultimatum? I know what I would suggest for your wife.

Then tell us. That was my question.

For my wife and myself, our animals ARE our children. That's how they get treated. They have their own medical insurance policies. Their care is of paramount importance to both of us.

As it has been for both of us with all our animals, even before we met a decade ago.

Odd. I never left my daughter at home when she was 2 years old.

It is no secret that I have never had much respect for you, Anathema. This post changes that. I still disagree with much that you believe in. But if you treat animals the way you say, you can't be that bad. Respect for that.

You take back your ultimatum and work with the dogs. Once you take the dog, it is your responsibility until it dies.

Odd. I never paid for college for my dogs.

No less committed than you'd be to your son or daughter.

If I had to choose between a transmission for my car and my daughter I would chose my daughter 100 times out of 100.

If I had to choose between a transmission for my car and my dog I would chose the transmission for my car 100 times out of 100. I’m just curious what that reveals about my character.

You take back your ultimatum and work with the dogs. Once you take the dog, it is your responsibility until it dies.

Ok.

Then you gave a dishonest comparison. You would never treat a child the way you treat your dogs. That’s an exaggeration and it shouldn’t be so difficult for you to see that.

If I had to choose between a transmission for my car and my daughter I would chose my daughter 100 times out of 100.

If I had to choose between a transmission for my car and my dog I would chose the transmission for my car 100 times out of 100. I’m just curious what that reveals about my character.

But you are not having to choose between your dog and something else. You are forcing your wife to do that.

I will be honest, if either of my wives had given me the ultimatum you gave your wife, I would have had only one question. Do you want me to help you pack.

And that is only partly because of how I value my animals. The biggest part would be because of the audacity of making me choose between two things I love.

You should, at the very least, learn to live with the dogs.

Then you gave a dishonest comparison. You would never treat a child the way you treat your dogs. That’s an exaggeration and it shouldn’t be so difficult for you to see that.

I didn't say dogs were the same as children. I was being sarcastic in my reply to your post.

But you are not having to choose between your dog and something else. You are forcing your wife to do that.

I will be honest, if either of my wives had given me the ultimatum you gave your wife, I would have had only one question. Do you want me to help you pack.

And that is only partly because of how I value my animals. The biggest part would be because of the audacity of making me choose between two things I love.

You should, at the very least, learn to live with the dogs.

It is obvious which one you valued more. Forgive me if I have no respect for someone who loves their dog more than their spouse. I just don’t. Bad mouth me if you want.

I didn't say dogs were the same as children. I was being sarcastic in my reply to your post.

I misspoke. It wasn’t you who compared dogs to kids. It was someone else.

Forum List

Back