College-Educated Republican Voters Flocking to Trump

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022
College-Educated Republican Voters Flocking to Trump and we could make the difference, so says the leftwing New York Times. Wait a minute. I thought all Trump supporters were uneducated rubes.

But as usual, the leftwing analysis is wrong. As a religious conservative with a degree from a state land-grant university, I can tell you educated people have always seen the scam that has been the litany of phony or exaggerated charges against this great man. We remember that Trump was an outstanding president in every phase: the economy, foreign affairs, standing up to dictators, crime, trade deals, anti-terrorism, energy independence, border control, inflation control, job creation, and pro-life.

This leftwing article makes it sound like we left Trump for a time. We did not. We have always known the 2020 election was stolen, and resent leftwing articles like this one that don't allow any questioning of the obvious heist. Intelligent people have always known the game and have stood behind this once-in-a century leader all along.

it's not so much as being for or against Trump anymore, as it is choosing sides for the long-awaited Civil war. Trump could be replaced by any extreme rightist.

Kids that are in college will go for Biden. Those out of college for a few years might be more conservative. I didn't go to college, but I was quite liberal politically as a young man, but when I hit thirty, I began to see the world differently.

it's not so much as being for or against Trump anymore, as it is choosing sides for the long-awaited Civil war. Trump could be replaced by any extreme rightist.
I'm an extreme rightist, but I'm only a threat to liberal sensibilities.

One liberal fellow chided me, "How dare you pick up the litter that I so carefully tossed out of my car window?!!!"

Kids that are in college will go for Biden. Those out of college for a few years might be more conservative. I didn't go to college, but I was quite liberal politically as a young man, but when I hit thirty, I began to see the world differently.
Same here. I voted for Dukakis in '88. But once I had my first son in my early 30s, everything changed.

College-Educated Republican Voters Flocking to Trump and we could make the difference, so says the leftwing New York Times. Wait a minute. I thought all Trump supporters were uneducated rubes.

But as usual, the leftwing analysis is wrong. As a religious conservative with a degree from a state land-grant university, I can tell you educated people have always seen the scam that has been the litany of phony or exaggerated charges against this great man. We remember that Trump was an outstanding president in every phase: the economy, foreign affairs, standing up to dictators, crime, trade deals, anti-terrorism, energy independence, border control, inflation control, job creation, and pro-life.

This leftwing article makes it sound like we left Trump for a time. We did not. We have always known the 2020 election was stolen, and resent leftwing articles like this one that don't allow any questioning of the obvious heist. Intelligent people have always known the game and have stood behind this once-in-a century leader all along.

Dems are in big trouble. For years they have claimed the only reason Trump won is because of the uneducated.

The trend is in the opposite direction and toward becoming more liberal.

The trend is in the opposite direction and toward becoming more liberal.
I see that in my apartment building. The students walk right over the entry mats and track dirt all over the halls. Ten or so years ago the kids would follow the building instructions. Today they don't even read them. We just had ten inches of snow. I put up notes telling the kids to clean off their cars in the center of the parking lot so the plow can push it away. Not one followed the instructions, cleaning off their cars in their parking space instead. Now they have four to six inches of packed, frozen snow between their cars. When it thaws in a few days there will be two to three inches of slush between their cars. If true to their nature their car's floor mats will be covered with dirty slush.

Last edited:
I see that in my apartment building. The students walk right over the entry mats and track dirt all over the halls. Ten or so years ago the kids would follow the building instructions. Today they don't even read them.
You're trying to change the topic to a different issue.

In truth, both sides in America are full of anger and resentment over all authority.

It was never about that. Hillary elected Trump as any pollster knows. She went lower and lower during the campaign and he went higherand higher.When she started threatening Christians (finally resulting in the Deplorables speech) the 80 million insulted people thought "Anyone but her" It's all in the book

The Great Revolt: Inside the Populist Coalition Reshaping American Politics 2018​

by Salena Zito (Author), Brad Todd (Author)
"Hillary Clinton’s biggest strategic blunder, the authors might say, was her gun control gambit. Zito and Todd show us that millions of voters who participated in The Great Revolt regard gun ownership as an inalienable right, and as a deeply-ingrained way of life. Clinton didn’t anticipate that the many women who own guns would value Trump’s pledge to protect their 2nd Amendment rights more than they loathed his personal misogyny or cared about seeing a woman become President. "

ANd now that her adulterous husband is on Epstein camera, she looks more the hypocrite.

George Washington was an extreme rightist.

It was never about that. Hillary elected Trump as any pollster knows. She went lower and lower during the campaign and he went higherand higher.When she started threatening Christians (finally resulting in the Deplorables speech) the 80 million insulted people thought "Anyone but her" It's all in the book

The Great Revolt: Inside the Populist Coalition Reshaping American Politics 2018​

"Hillary Clinton’s biggest strategic blunder, the authors might say, was her gun control gambit. Zito and Todd show us that millions of voters who participated in The Great Revolt regard gun ownership as an inalienable right, and as a deeply-ingrained way of life. Clinton didn’t anticipate that the many women who own guns would value Trump’s pledge to protect their 2nd Amendment rights more than they loathed his personal misogyny or cared about seeing a woman become President. "

ANd now that her adulterous husband is on Epstein camera, she looks more the hypocrite.

Hilary is now replaced with Biden and the sentiments against the left are even more rabid and vile.
You can frame it as a gun control issue and you'll be at least partly right.

Driving the gun issue is the arming up for the right's proposed civil war. It's hardly a secret and you don't need to leave this board to hear all about it.

"The Next Civil War" by Marche. 4 hours reading for a fast reader.

You're trying to change the topic to a different issue.

In truth, both sides in America are full of anger and resentment over all authority.
You can only determine conservatism or liberalism by what one does. My brother was as conservative in his life as one can get but he voted for Democrats. I was shocked at this paradox in his life.

Hilary is now replaced with Biden and the sentiments against the left are even more rabid and vile.
You can frame it as a gun control issue and you'll be at least partly right.

Driving the gun issue is the arming up for the right's proposed civil war. It's hardly a secret and you don't need to leave this board to hear all about it.

"The Next Civil War" by Marche. 4 hours reading for a fast reader.
If there's a civil war it will be caused by the left goading right into it. No one is better at goading than lefties. :omg:

You can only determine conservatism or liberalism by what one does. My brother was as conservative in his life as one can get but he voted for Democrats. I was shocked at this paradox in his life.
I wouldn't find it all that shocking.

The fight between the left and right in America can't be easily defined as between con vs. lib.
We're already getting into it deeper than your interest wants to go.

Go ahead if you want to define either lib or con in a rational way.

If there's a civil war it will be caused by the left goading right into it. No one is better at goading than lefties. :omg:
I would accept that as a factor. Or at least a perceived factor. Get back to defining con or lib or you've lost me.

Is this thread a joke? Educated people who reason are nowhere in the GOP. All polls show that.

Maybe up there in the Communist Republik of Canuckistan, but not here in America, People become Conservative when they have to start paying their bills.

I would accept that as a factor. Or at least a perceived factor. Get back to defining con or lib or you've lost me.
For example, most conservatives would like us to win the war on drugs, to reduce the damage it does. Most liberals want drug use legalized, without regard to the damage it would do.

Forum List

Back