CNN: Bill and Hillary took $153 MIllion in Speeches from 2001 until 2013

I'm no fan of Hillary, but I don't understand why collecting speaker fees is an issue with anyone. Who here on this forum would not take 1 million dollars to speak if someone offered it to you???

The troubling question is not why would Hillary not take one million to make a speech?
The troubling question is why would someone offer her one million to make a speech?

Why wouldn't a corporation want a speaker as prestigious as a former First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State at one of their conferences?

You know that Donald Trump is the most highly paid public speaker in the world, right?

If you're going to be upset about Hillary Clinton making 350 grand a speech, you must be absolutely livid that Donald Trump makes $1.4 million a speech.

I'm no fan of Hillary, but I don't understand why collecting speaker fees is an issue with anyone. Who here on this forum would not take 1 million dollars to speak if someone offered it to you???

The troubling question is not why would Hillary not take one million to make a speech?
The troubling question is why would someone offer her one million to make a speech?

Right, if someone offered me a million to speak about something, man I'd take it (not that anyone would or I can even speak in front of people) I want to know what their motives were, so the quest. is WHY?

Why?

Because she's a prestigious speaker who will impress investors.

Why wouldn't a corporation want a speaker as prestigious as a former First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State at one of their conferences?

You know that Donald Trump is the most highly paid public speaker in the world, right?

If you're going to be upset about Hillary Clinton making 350 grand a speech, you must be absolutely livid that Donald Trump makes $1.4 million a speech.
Bill and Hillary have a lot of clout and pull in Washington. Paying political leaders, especially presidents and president spouses, should generate greater interest by watchdog groups. We would be extremely naïve to think money does not buy influence in Washington. Then in light of the highly scandalous Clinton Foundation, especially when Hillary was Secretary of State, I would not trust either of them or their bookkeeping. They are guilty of fraud or illicit ways of making money and making deals as far as I am concerned.

PS – Hillary is as uninspiring and uninteresting of a speaker as our current president.

As far as what you say about Trump is concerned, those speaking fees of very high amounts were for a specific purpose, in a specific time frame, all given by one private firm.

Real estate mogul and star of “The Apprentice ”Donald Trump made 17 speeches to The Learning Annex between 2006 and 2007. After each speech, Trump received $1.5 million for his real estate advice and thoughts on business. Learning Annex founder Bill Zanker reportedly charged $500 per ticket to each Trump event and generated a profit for every speech.
Mary James - The 10 Highest-Paid Public Speakers of the Past 10 Years

I don't care about her speaking fees. I care about what she wants to do as president and her qualifications. Speaking fees don't enter into that consideration.

Put these two crooks where they belong and be done with the whole darn "Clinton legacy" once and for all!

Enough of them already!!! :mad-61:

Bill and Hillary have a lot of clout and pull in Washington. Paying political leaders, especially presidents and president spouses, should generate greater interest by watchdog groups. We would be extremely naïve to think money does not buy influence in Washington. Then in light of the highly scandalous Clinton Foundation, especially when Hillary was Secretary of State, I would not trust either of them or their bookkeeping. They are guilty of fraud or illicit ways of making money and making deals as far as I am concerned.

PS – Hillary is as uninspiring and uninteresting of a speaker as our current president.

As far as what you say about Trump is concerned, those speaking fees of very high amounts were for a specific purpose, in a specific time frame, all given by one private firm.

Real estate mogul and star of “The Apprentice ”Donald Trump made 17 speeches to The Learning Annex between 2006 and 2007. After each speech, Trump received $1.5 million for his real estate advice and thoughts on business. Learning Annex founder Bill Zanker reportedly charged $500 per ticket to each Trump event and generated a profit for every speech.
So, he didn't receive $1.5m from one person? It was adding all those $500 fees?

So, each participant of the meeting gave $500 to for the speaking fee of Donald Trump. Okay, we know that exorbitant speaking fees are often used for buying influence from the speaker. How much influence did those $500 fees buy? A wave from the car?

Right, if someone offered me a million to speak about something, man I'd take it (not that anyone would or I can even speak in front of people) I want to know what their motives were, so the quest. is WHY?

Why?

I was thinking about this, just how would she impress investors?

Since that money was essentially a gift, I wonder what percentage of that $150+ million did they give back to charity to help people that REALLY ARE dead broke? You know those poor people that the Clintons and the Democrats claim to care about.

Why?

I was thinking about this, just how would she impress investors?

Just by being there.

You know this is a real industry, right? There's an entire industry involved in speaking engagements - managers, agents, etc.

Since that money was essentially a gift, I wonder what percentage of that $150+ million did they give back to charity to help people that REALLY ARE dead broke? You know those poor people that the Clintons and the Democrats claim to care about.

The money wasn't a "gift", it was payment for a job.

You know, capitalism.

From I read, there's not a lot going out to help people unless you are a Clinton or close relative.

So, he didn't receive $1.5m from one person? It was adding all those $500 fees?

No, he received $1.5 million dollars from one person - who claims that he later made a profit by selling tickets.

Donald Trump didn't get a percentage of the door.

Forum List

Back