Climategate Stunner: NASA Heads Knew NASA Data Was Poor

Email messages obtained by the Competitive Enterprise Institute via a Freedom of Information Act request reveal that the climate dataset of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) was considered — by the top climate scientists within NASA itself — to be inferior to the data maintained by the University of East Anglia Climate Research Unit (CRU).
the NASA GISS data was of lower quality than Jones’ embattled CRU data.
... so they used CRU data... :rolleyes:

Pajamas Media Climategate Stunner: NASA Heads Knew NASA Data Was Poor, Then Used Data from CRU
So much for the talking point that NASA data is independant from the manipulated Hadley data.

Here is one of the emails...
http://pajamasmedia.com/files/2010/03/GISS-says-CRU-Better0001.pdf

How much more proof is needed that AGW is a massive hoax? :rolleyes:

Admit it, you are soooooooooo gullible you can no longer read english. :rofl:

Nowhere did the the email compare NASA or NCDC to CRU, nor did it discuss using the data for anything other than checking their models.

Notice how you left out the question that was answered by the email you posted! The desperation of deniers is exposed by your deliberate perversion of the context of the emails.
Thank you.

Here is the question you left out:

" So is it correct to say that NASA's data is more accurate than NCDC's
> since it has more sources?
In the media, it would be ideal to refer
> to one source rather than two. Traditionally we've used NCDC's data.
>
>
>
> And globally, we usually use the Hadley Centre data ... "
I would not claim that one is superior to the other
So to summarize, the question was, is NASA more accurate than NCDC and the answer was, one is NOT superior to the other. This was perverted by pathological liars into the answer, CRU is superior to all.
The perversion was swallowed whole by gullible deniers. :cuckoo: :rofl:
:lol:

Traditionally we've used NCDC's data. And globally, we usually use the Hadley Centre data
It's getting embarrassing now.
It sure is embarrassing to think "traditionally" equates somehow to "inferior." Not only that, but that quote is from the person asking the question, so not only does that statement in no way indicate superiority or inferiority of one set of data over the other, it wasn't even part of the answer!
What a moron!!! :rofl:

Even though the emails clearly say OUTRIGHT "I would not claim that one is superior to the other," you CON$ dishonestly take unrelated quotes out of context and change words to twist the meaning into something never said while completely ignoring what is said openly and clearly.
Your utter desperation is duly noted.

January 2010, warmest January on record. February 2010, second warmest February on record.

Going to be an interesting year.

You've been duped.

Any normal person would be really angry but by your posts and comments, you were willfully duped and continue to be.

Sucks to be you I guess.

Oh my, another completely clueless ass. Those are Dr. Spencer's figures.

February 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: Version 5.3 Unveiled Roy Spencer, Ph. D.
The global-average lower tropospheric temperature remained high, at +0.61 deg. C for February, 2010. This is about the same as January, which in our new Version 5.3 of the UAH dataset was +0.63 deg. C. February was second warmest in the 32-year record, behind Feb 1998 which was itself the second warmest of all months. The El Nino is still the dominant temperature signal; many people living in Northern Hemisphere temperate zones were still experiencing colder than average weather.

January 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update +0.72 Deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

The global-average lower tropospheric temperature anomaly soared to +0.72 deg. C in January, 2010. This is the warmest January in the 32-year satellite-based data record.

The tropics and Northern and Southern Hemispheres were all well above normal, especially the tropics where El Nino conditions persist. Note the global-average warmth is approaching the warmth reached during the 1997-98 El Nino, which peaked in February April of 1998.

January 2010, warmest January on record. February 2010, second warmest February on record.

You've been duped.

Any normal person would be really angry but by your posts and comments, you were willfully duped and continue to be.

Sucks to be you I guess.

February 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: Version 5.3 Unveiled Roy Spencer, Ph. D.
The global-average lower tropospheric temperature remained high, at +0.61 deg. C for February, 2010. This is about the same as January, which in our new Version 5.3 of the UAH dataset was +0.63 deg. C. February was second warmest in the 32-year record, behind Feb 1998 which was itself the second warmest of all months. The El Nino is still the dominant temperature signal; many people living in Northern Hemisphere temperate zones were still experiencing colder than average weather.

The global-average lower tropospheric temperature anomaly soared to +0.72 deg. C in January, 2010. This is the warmest January in the 32-year satellite-based data record.

The tropics and Northern and Southern Hemispheres were all well above normal, especially the tropics where El Nino conditions persist. Note the global-average warmth is approaching the warmth reached during the 1997-98 El Nino, which peaked in February April of 1998.

Your references cite ocean currents as the culprit, NOT CO2. My God!!! You have uncovered man-made ocean current changes. Not. Your 32 year satellite data was "corrected" and done by multiple satellites over time with differing levels of accuracy.

Somebody stop the parrot from answering the phone @ CRU.

Really dumb ass, those are Dr. Spencer's figures. You know, that extreme global warmer.
Even when Stuttering LimpTard's climatologist confirms the ground station data, he suddenly is no longer credible. :cuckoo:

August 9, 2007
RUSH: I got a note here from our official climatologist Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville. He is a genuine scientist and has been doing some research and he released the research today in Geophysical Research Letters.

Mar 20, 2008
RUSH: As you know, the official climatologist of this program is Dr. Roy Spencer at the University of Alabama at Huntsville

February 2, 2010
RUSH: I just got a flash from our official climatologist here at the EIB Network, Dr. Roy Spencer (University of Alabama-Huntsville)

What a bunch of ignorant fools, if only we build windmills and solar panels we can save the earth.

January and February the warmest ever, prove it, lets see the data. I dont see it posted. Here is a simply fact that is ignored and missed by both sides, they take temp readings in the cities and ignore the non-populated areas out of the cities, if you take just the data collected from outside the cities it shows that the earth has entered a cooling period.

Thats right, cities are hotter because they got more people, more building more cars, most cities are getting larger so the propagandist can state show figures and temps are rising, in cities, outside the cities the temperature is ignored.

What a bunch of ignorant fools, if only we build windmills and solar panels we can save the earth.

January and February the warmest ever, prove it, lets see the data. I dont see it posted. Here is a simply fact that is ignored and missed by both sides, they take temp readings in the cities and ignore the non-populated areas out of the cities, if you take just the data collected from outside the cities it shows that the earth has entered a cooling period.

Thats right, cities are hotter because they got more people, more building more cars, most cities are getting larger so the propagandist can state show figures and temps are rising, in cities, outside the cities the temperature is ignored.

So you admit big cities can change the climate?

It is a simple concept that cities have higher temperatures than the hinterlands idiot. No one said it was climate change. The same plants grow and the weather in general is the same.

It is a simple concept that cities have higher temperatures than the hinterlands idiot. No one said it was climate change. The same plants grow and the weather in general is the same.

But you said the temperature was markedly higher, because of the buildings and the cars...

But you said the temperature was markedly higher, because of the buildings and the cars...

Hey...over here...I'm a different poster than the one who first replied to you. I didn't say what you're attributing to me. Climate doesn't necessarily change with a degree or two change. These are not new concepts, why so much trouble with them on your part?

Hey...over here...I'm a different poster than the one who first replied to you. I didn't say what you're attributing to me. Climate doesn't necessarily change with a degree or two change. These are not new concepts, why so much trouble with them on your part?

Well, if a city can escalate the temperature within itself by about 10 degrees or more, and it can, why couldnt global warming be happening with our help?

Poor mdn, apperantly thinks that glaciers are in cities. For, worldwide, they have been warming and melting.

Well, if a city can escalate the temperature within itself by about 10 degrees or more, and it can, why couldnt global warming be happening with our help?

That's a false comparitive. A frying pan can be heated on a stove and yet the Earth probably will not warm much as a result. The city is merely a larger frying pan.

This is not to say that the Earth is not warming. It is. By 0.7 degrees since Christ was Crucified. Before that, it had cooled by almost 2 degrees in the previous 6000 years.

You've been duped.

Sucks to be you I guess.

The data was already posted above and the data comes from satellites reading both cities and non-populated areas outside of the cities, collected by DittoTards Spencer and Christy at the UAH. :lol:

Now show your data that non-populated areas are cooling. :cuckoo:

get-file.php

Last edited:
Guess you didn't get the memo that NASA/NOAA aren't too terribly reliable anymore. :lol:
That memo is as nonexistent as global cooling.

Funny how for a decade while Christy and Spencer at the UAH were cooking the NASA data to hide the warming, their satellite data was called the only reliable data, but now that they can no longer cook the data and their satellite data MATCHES the surface data, suddenly the NASA satellite data is rejected by the brainwashed deniers. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Guess you didn't get the memo that NASA/NOAA aren't too terribly reliable anymore. :lol:
That memo is as nonexistent as global cooling.

Funny how for a decade while Christy and Spencer at the UAH were cooking the NASA data to hide the warming, their satellite data was called the only reliable data, but now that they can no longer cook the data and their satellite data MATCHES the surface data, suddenly the NASA satellite data is rejected by the brainwashed deniers. :cuckoo:

You apparently are not aware that satellite data is not some high resolution map with nice colored areas showing temperature. It is a mass of raw information that gets interpreted by technicans. Those techicans make their interpretations and turn them over to higher ups. Those people review it and many times return it for reinterpretation if it doesn't match what their benefactors want. Al Gore's group did that regularly.

Forum List

Back