Classic Learning Test

Non-standard college prep testing, based on often rejected classic sources; proctoring available too:

CLT Exam
Cute. I looked at an Example Test. It assumes you've studied difficult classics and are highly intelligent. Blacks cannot possibly pass any of that, so it won't be used. The whole point of ditching the SATs is to be able to freely admit blacks and what-not without any hindrance or sieve for intelligence.

Dr Robert George of Princeton likes it:

"I warmly commend CLT for giving colleges and universities the option of a standardized examination that eschews ideology and impartially tests knowledge and reasoning ability."

There is a fundamental problem here.

The political Left does not acknowledge the pedagogical concept that one's intelligence, knowledge, and capacity can be ascertained through the administration of a written test. They refuse to accept this because Leftists and their minions do poorly on such tests.

Any attempt to screen applicants for ANYTHING based on actual knowledge, intelligence, etc., if strictly verboten.

There is a fundamental problem here.

The political Left does not acknowledge the pedagogical concept that one's intelligence, knowledge, and capacity can be ascertained through the administration of a written test. They refuse to accept this because Leftists and their minions do poorly on such tests.

Any attempt to screen applicants for ANYTHING based on actual knowledge, intelligence, etc., if strictly verboten.
I looked at an example text. You can trust me, this test will NEVER be given to a black as a test for college. Or anyone, probably.

And why should it? I don't see why colleges shouldn't let anyone in they want. They are commercial establishments. And they want to let in disruptive, violent, constantly protesting, Marxist blacks. Well, whatever. More and more actually smart young people are not participating in this Marxist indoctrination they have to go into decades of debt for ---- I agree. Just give it up, find a new way. Colleges are no good anymore.

The CLT test is accepted & being used at 200 colleges already.

Click on List:
CLT Exam
Hard to believe. Okay, I don't believe it. Sorry.

Oh thee of little faith. Granted the big public ones have not recognized CLT much, so the list is heavily weighted toward Christian-ish schools.

"Based on the data currently collected and the analyses I have conducted on that data, I believe that colleges and universities can confidently use CLT scores for admissions decisions, and that the CLT will perform just as well as the SAT or ACT. CLT scores are highly correlated with both SAT and ACT scores, and correlate remarkably well with freshman GPA. Both of these are indicators that the CLT possesses high validity as well as reliability."

- John T. Vessey, PhD, Department of Psychology at Wheaton College

Hard to believe. Okay, I don't believe it. Sorry.
Only things that you believe could possibly be true, correct?
What you believe is true for you. What I believe is true for me. I'm sure you'd rather I believed everything you believe so you can make everyone's world in your image, but that's unlikely to happen.

Circe you talk in circles. Truth is not relative. You can pretend whatever you wish to be true. That does not make it so. I hope to help people see the truth, but many, such as you, have no interest in that. So to my Ignore List you go with others who tell lies and ascribe them to me.

ciao brutto

Truth is not relative.
Sure it is: you are perfectly convinced that what you believe IS true. So to you, it is true. So to you it is true that truth is not relative.

Same with me, contrariwise. I don't see any problem with relativity of reality: without it, why would we have elections, or wars, or horse races?

You can pretend whatever you wish to be true. That does not make it so.

Okay, I will. You say pretend, I say believe. Wait, that SEEMS to make it so! Huh, I believe you must be wrong (from my perspective) and reality IS relative.

I hope to help people see the truth
You don't want to "help" people, you want to propagandize and bully them into believing as you do and thus turn them into allies. It never works, does it? Has it EVER worked for you?

Oh, and if you "help" people who have not asked for help, that's not help, that is oppression and tyranny. Persuasion is always aggressive.

Forum List

Back