Cities are Dying

They have been predicting the end of urban life for many years and yet people just keep stubbornly living where there's lots of employment and entertainment options.
Looting and Burning business....Employment and entertainment...Yep, goes hand in hand to a liberal....

We live in interesting times. Quit acting as if this social unrest is typical. Rural America is no utopia to be criticizing the way they do things in the city. The most horrible poverty I ever saw was a mile and a half off the main road in North Alabama.

Terrible poverty. Crushing poverty. They just don't burn their homes down. If they are so poor all they have is pennies, they won't loot the only store where they can spend those pennies. They don't shoot three year old babies in the head.

They cook meth and let their kids run wild and naked in the yard with the dogs while they steal everything they can get their hands on and take all the government handouts they can find while blaming the government for everything. If this was how I chose to see all rural folk I would be as ignorant as those who think the city is nothing but a bunch of horrible crime and misery.

Betcha they also have a bass boat an ATVs along with guns....you do know they cost $$$

Has nothing to do with rural vs city, only how city folk will respond to decline of the place where they live - the city.

Have they had enough of the deterioration - or want more of the same Democrat leadership?

They have been predicting the end of urban life for many years and yet people just keep stubbornly living where there's lots of employment and entertainment options.

After the recent riots and COVID you may very well see another urban exodus just like in the 70s.

Its becoming increasingly more expensive in big cities to do business, plus now you run the risk of having your business burned and looted the NEXT TIME there is another "protest". In some cases, cops will then be defunded and provide less service. Its not trending in the right direction for you. What you said was much more true 30 years ago. SF was the place to be on a Saturday night. Not so much anymore.
Things are changing but one thing that will never change is that cities are a great place to go when you are looking to get out of your crappy little dead-end town and make a fresh start. Been there, done that. I live in a remote area now but getting out of Bumfuck Alabama and moving to a city was the best thing that my parents ever did for us.

Good for you. Now, STAY there.

The demographics are changing. Even if the central city cores are keeping the cities alive. Those businesses better do some thinking. Tying in all that capital in offices in high rises that may need moats in a few years is not smart. Those that can, should divest to more red areas. Spread their assets around.

Forum List

Back