Church Hires Convicted Sex Offender, Kids banned from Church while he is present.

You're not looking at the big picture; specifically the responsibility of the church to not choose a predator over the safety of their kids, and being willing accomplices when it comes to putting him in a very dangerous situation. They are not only letting down the children of their congregation, they're setting him up for failure.

I'm sorry, you're wrong. You're a Christian, I invite you to pray over it a little before you continue to support this sort of ridiculous and dangerous behavior.

^^^ You saying I'm wrong doesn't make that a fact. The way that I look at it, no one can hide from danger. Even if you stayed inside your home for the rest of your life, anything could happen. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
Just pray about it. Overall safety of the world is not what we're talking about. We're talking about the ignorance and caprice of people who refuse to follow the Word, and established a predator as the head of a house of God.

Last edited:
^^^ Amen. Praying is the only thing that we can do in certain situations, but when all is said and done, praying is all that you have to do. God takes care of the rest. :) :) :)

Holly

Praying is all you have to do? So what about those children who pray every night that the pedophile priest will stop abusing them? Why does God still allow them to be abused?

Oh well. Y'all have your own opinion and I have mine and if the guy doesn't want to end up with a harsher sentence, he now knows what he must not do again. :) :) :)

Holly

Would you allow your young children to be babysat by a convicted sex offender?

^^^ This is about a guy being a preacher after serving a prison sentence for being a pedophile. What does baby sitting have to do with it? When you take your kids out in public with you, they should be in your presence at all times.

Holly

P.S. As for what you said in your other message, only the Lord can answer why bad things happen to anyone.

Last edited:
You seem to trust this man, and believe that he is no longer a threat to kids. I am asking you to tell me if you would let him babysit your children, in order for you to prove that you believe what you are saying.

And many criminals find God in jail - its how they justify their crimes, by claiming that God has forgiven them and that everyone else should, too.

^^^ Would I let a pedophile baby sit my kids, absolutely never, but baby sitting is not what this is about. Its about such a person being a preacher after serving a prison sentence for being what they are. Sadly we do not have the right to punish them especially if they have already been given a legal punishment. The first thing that you say in your newest message here is that I seem to trust the guy. No I do not trust him, but I do trust myself. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. As for a person getting forgiveness from the rest of us, I believe that the only people that anyone should ever say that they are sorry to is to the Lord and whoever they impacted personally.

I can agree that a person shouldn't continue to be punished after serving a sentence. I get that, and I understand what you mean.
But that doesn't mean that a convicted offender shouldn't be kept away from that which made him offend.

The man was convicted of sending "lewd text messages" to a couple of teenage girls?

That's his sex offense?

That's it?

^^^ I don't know, but if that really is all that the guy did, that is pretty tame compared to how far he could have gone.

I can agree that a person shouldn't continue to be punished after serving a sentence. I get that, and I understand what you mean.
But that doesn't mean that a convicted offender shouldn't be kept away from that which made him offend.
Well that right there is just it. With him being allowed to go home get his life going again, everyone else is just going to have to get adjusted as best as they can to him having the right to go to the mall, and to the grocery store, and to church again just like everyone else can.

God bless you two and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I pray that he gets on the right track again soon. :) :) :)

^^^ To me what makes this man stand apart is the fact that his history is not a secret. There are plenty of people out there who would keep this kind of thing about themselves to themselves as best as they can.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

^^^ I don't know, but if that really is all that the guy did, that is pretty tame compared to how far he could have gone.

Well that right there is just it. With him being allowed to go home get his life going again, everyone else is just going to have to get adjusted as best as they can to him having the right to go to the mall, and to the grocery store, and to church again just like everyone else can.

God bless you two and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I pray that he gets on the right track again soon. :) :) :)

No. Other people should not have to adjust THEIR movements to accomodate HIS parole. He is the one on parole, not the kids.

Sex offenders are required by law NOT TO FREQUENT places where children congregate. That means church, the mall, arcades, skating rinks, libraries....they are PROHIBITED from being in those places when children are present.

What this man is doing is forcing OTHER people to adjust to his restrictions, instead of him adjusting to them. In other words, he's manipulating other people, still, to allow him to do what he wants. His PO should have a fit over this, and his therapist most certainly should be writing recommendations that he be slapped back in the slammer.

^^^ What about the situations that can't be avoided, especially when a person like this is anywhere first and then some one else comes in with their kids with them? Why should that person have to leave when they were there first and has just as much a right to be there as anyone else? If they are not allowed to be around kids at all, why are they let out of jail then when kids are in all the normal places?

Holly

Last edited:
^^^ What about the situations that can't be avoided, especially when a person like this is anywhere first and then some one else comes in with their kids with them? Why should that person have to leave when they were there first and has just as much a right to be there as anyone else? If they are not allowed to be around kids at all, why are they let out of jail then when kids are in all the normal places?

Holly

They don't.

I've worked with sex offenders. They are expected to follow certain strictures upon release...or they don't get released.

One is they are not to frequent places that kids are known to frequent. Church is one of these places; I've had to help sex offenders work around this in order to still attend church, and it can be done. My guys went to prayer meetings that consisted of men only.

The second big one is that they remove themselves from the area when kids show up. So if a guy goes to the store, and a whole group of 13 year olds come in on a bus, that guy is expected to leave.

That's the way it is. Sexual offenders are opportunistic, and everybody knows that. Which is why their probation is a combination of external rules and the expectation of internal control when the external rules don't extend far enough.

They have to leave the area because THEY are the problem. The kids haven't done anything wrong, they have a right to be at the store. The S.O., on the other hand, has forfeited privileges as a result of his bad behavior...one of the privileges he has forfeited is the privilege of hanging out where there are groups of kids. And it is not the responsibility of the CHILDREN to scoot out of the area because there's a convicted pedophile in their midst that they don't even know about. He knows he's a sex offender, he understands that he has lost the privilege of hanging out with his past targets, and if he's sincere, he's okay with that.

If he's not sincere, that's even more of a reason to make sure there are restrictions on his movement.

When these guys are released from prison, they SIGN OFF on their parole/probation plan. They AGREE to behave in a certain manner, and to abide by certain rules/restrictions. THAT'S why they are the ones responsible for abiding by it, THAT'S why they are supposed to stay away from kids. Because they agreed to, and because they agreed to, they were released.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back