China wields coronavirus to nationalize American-owned carmaker

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What some want for the West.

The only people worse than those who helped prop up China are those who actually believed the Communists wouldn't take as they please when they saw fit. We are all the suckers.

Go ahead and export your businesses to China. If I am a shareholder and they take over a plant, I should pursue a class action lawsuit against the CEO for risking MY cash in a communist country.

China wields coronavirus to nationalize American-owned carmaker

China enticed an American entrepreneur with the opportunity of helping build a cutting-edge automobile company in the world’s largest car market, then used the uncertainty cast by COVID-19 to steal his intellectual property, the businessman says.

Steve Saleen, founder of specialty high-performance sports car manufacturer Saleen Automotive, and his partner Charles Wang, a Chinese immigrant and former attorney at a New York law firm, were approached in late 2015 about forming a joint venture with the city of Rugao to manufacture automobiles.

The deal “offered, I thought, from my standpoint, a great opportunity to help build a global company,” Saleen told FOX Business.

The agreement that was reached called for Saleen to contribute his brand and trademarks, designs for three engineered vehicles and experience, know-how and technology in manufacturing automobiles, he said. Those contributions were valued at $800 million.

Wang, who helped structure the deal, would serve as the company’s chief executive officer.

Do you think the AFL-CIO will agree to 25¢/hr wages? ...

Workers at the Twinkie plant went on strike for higher wages ... Hostess shut down and sold the brand name ... them are non-union Twinkies you're eating right now ... "dipped in lead" ...

Workers at the Twinkie plant went on strike for higher wages ... Hostess shut down and sold the brand name ... them are non-union Twinkies you're eating right now ... "dipped in lead" ...

I don't eat twinkies. My body is a temple.
Jewish or Sikh? I shed no tear for any capitalist who sold out American workers to the cheap Chinese. I hope they lose everything.

Haven't had a Twinkie in thirty years. But the larger point is, is China justified in stealing and nationalizing
the product of American innovation and technology because Hostess sold off Twinkies to deal with a labor
dispute?
That's what one commie simpleton seems to think.

Jewish or Sikh? I shed no tear for any capitalist who sold out American workers to the cheap Chinese. I hope they lose everything.

~~~~~~
Then you have reneged on you agreed position with Obama for his TRansPacific Partnership deal that benefitted China and no one else

Haven't had a Twinkie in thirty years. But the larger point is, is China justified in stealing and nationalizing
the product of American innovation and technology because Hostess sold off Twinkies to deal with a labor
dispute?
Actually, they could have stayed in the US and had their intellectual property stolen by another American comapny, but noooo.

dispute?

I love twinkies. I've only had one in the last two years though (not even the old two packs). With age comes responsibility I suppose.

Actually, they could have stayed in the US and had their intellectual property stolen by another American comapny, but noooo.
Another American company couldn't steal from them by nationalizing their product. So your point really doesn't add up.

~~~~~~
Then you have reneged on you agreed position with Obama for his TRansPacific Partnership deal that benefitted China and no one else
I never cared much for Oblama and his wimpy "line in the sand" routine..And I didn't care for Reagan, Bush sr or jr. along with Clinton and Oblama over the whole trade and most favored nation laws and treatise to allow capitalist to screw the workers in the US of which the companies are just as responsible for what the politicians did as they themselves. Had Nixon never taken a trip to China we'd be in a different world right now.

dispute?

I love twinkies. I've only had one in the last two years though (not even the old two packs). With age comes responsibility I suppose.
I used to guzzle Mt. Dew by the barrel. So I know what you are talking about.

Another American company couldn't steal from them by nationalizing their product. So your point really doesn't add up.
They steal it by stealing it the old fashioned way, by stealing it from the company and altering the property to look different for purposes of copyrights and registration filings.

dispute?

I was a Ding-Dong kid myself.

/——/ At the age of 69, I have to be careful of what I eat. When temptation strikes for dessert, I’ll go to one of the NY pastry shops before I’d eat a Twinkie.
B66FCC96-9194-4512-84B5-68FF3AE5DFFB.jpeg

Actually, there are legal remedies to that situation in this country. Your posts are indicative of a very shallow and easily manipulated intellect.
Yes there is legal remedies that take years to resolve, in the meantime the sales continue.

Forum List

Back