Chicago is obama's model for the nation.

I thank God every day I got out of Chicago.............18 years was wayyyy too much for me. How many of you have ridden the EL from the Western suburbs to downtown lately??

Thank you Lord for getting me out of that Hell hole!!

Obama: 'Chicago Is an Example of What Makes This Country Great' | The Weekly Standard

"Chicago is an example of what makes this country great," Obama said. His audience applauded.

President Obama's proof for his assertion? The donors in the room, who had given to his reelection campaign. "Witness this room,

I believe him. I absolutely believe that Chicago is an example of what obama wants for the country.

Not only because it has an outrageous crime rate but because it represents the perfection of political corruption.

It's also a great vibrant city of industry and art and commerce. Yes, we have more crime because we have more people.

Here's the point. Obama will carry Illinois. Romney won't carry Massachusetts.

Good point. cons whining about chi town won't increase Robmoney's poll #'s ;)

I live in Chicago. This is a wonderful city. I moved here over 30 years ago and have loved it every day.

Republicans know how to smear. They smear everything they touch. Their policies have proved that beyond any doubt.

The gun violence is mind blowing within your city. Some weekends are having 30-40 dead without breaking a sweat.

Be careful walking down some of those streets. :eusa_boohoo: You have a serious violence problem.

Last edited:
I live in Chicago. This is a wonderful city. I moved here over 30 years ago and have loved it every day.

Republicans know how to smear. They smear everything they touch. Their policies have proved that beyond any doubt.

The gun violence is mind blowing within your city. Some weekends are having 30-40 dead without breaking a sweat.

Be careful walking down some of those streets. :eusa_boohoo:

Well ya, last time I was there the gun fire on 22nd and Kostner was pretty wild. My sister in law just told us to lie flat on the floor.

no wonder you are so hysterically liberal....:ack-1:

I don't understand how anyone within such an environment could be this way. :eusa_shifty: I mean he see's daily how gun control fails and see's the violence, but still believes in such idea's?

People that are white, black, yellow or green need to wake up and work to stop the violence. This gang war going on needs to be cracked down on hard.

Last edited:

I don't understand how anyone within such an environment could be this way. :eusa_shifty: I mean he see's daily how gun control fails and see's the violence, but still believes in such idea's?

People white, black, yellow or green need to wake up and work to stop the violence. This gang war going on needs to be cracked down on hard.

it's a pathetic group mindset.....all they see, hear, or do is lieberal, lieberal, lieberal....

I can only believe that anyone denigrating Chicago has never been there. It's one of the greatest cities on earth.

Chicago crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

crimes per square mile 666
national median 39.3

Yes indeedy! Chicago is a large, densely populated city and there are pockets of very high crime.

it's also one of the greatest cities on earth. Some of the best and most diverse arts, culture, architecture, food, recreation and sports on the planet. And for what it's worth, probably 85% of the geography of the city is exceedingly safe.

Actually, Chicago isn't all that densely populated. Indeed, you'll find for the majority of 'good neighborhoods' in the city, higher density than the 'poor' neighborhoods. Chicago Neightborhoods: Population & Population Density: 1980 to 2000

Chicago's problem is as it has always been: segregation, purposeful delineations between the rich and poor, and a school and political system that support the first two. All are and have been run by Democrats for over a century.

I grew up in a poor neighborhood of Chicago, the Miracle Mile didn't even exist. You have no idea what it's like unless you've been there. Neighborhoods are merely blocks long, don't venture out of your "safe place", you will probably be shot if you do.

Those that are touting the magnificence of Chicago, would you go to Buckingham Fountain or Soldier Field on a Saturday night, with just your date?? What about the lake front near the Aquarium?? Not me, I wouldn't dare.

Yes indeedy! Chicago is a large, densely populated city and there are pockets of very high crime.

it's also one of the greatest cities on earth. Some of the best and most diverse arts, culture, architecture, food, recreation and sports on the planet. And for what it's worth, probably 85% of the geography of the city is exceedingly safe.

Actually, Chicago isn't all that densely populated. Indeed, you'll find for the majority of 'good neighborhoods' in the city, higher density than the 'poor' neighborhoods. Chicago Neightborhoods: Population & Population Density: 1980 to 2000

Chicago's problem is as it has always been: segregation, purposeful delineations between the rich and poor, and a school and political system that support the first two. All are and have been run by Democrats for over a century.

Answer this question with why it would be beneficial to end it or not. You will figure out why I'm the way I'm.:eusa_shhh: At least until such can stop being violent.

This is a debate that must be had. Rdean, etc won't like it as such don't want to talk about it.

Last edited:
Yea , what a blind shit stick......

$10_1o025_gasparinoc--300x300.jpg

$bc50a49cb11a61428c48ca25f6072341.jpg

I love it when Republicans talk about "segregation". Check out all those southern states. What right wingers do to minorities in those states is a crime. Think "voter suppression". Their leaders lost it when they admitted it's about keeping minorities from voting.

If more black people could swim or drive NASCAR, Chicago wouldn't have as much crime.

Nice...

Hey conservatives, I want you to tell me again how your problem with Obama isn't his skin color. This would be a really good time for you to point that out.

Carter and Clinton were non-Obama colored. It's the Three Stooges on a Saturday morning.

How can I tell you that the Tan One's skin color is absolutely no problem to me? It's not. There I said it.

It seems to be a problem with Liberals though. Is that what is referred to as the "race card"? Any objection to this ass-hat is met with calls of racism. Well it's certainly not racism on my part. More like stupidism. Stupidism ism as stupidism doesm.

I can only believe that anyone denigrating Chicago has never been there. It's one of the greatest cities on earth.

I think their Obama Derangement Syndrome has gotten so bad that they pretty much hate anything associated with him.

Argula? Hate it.
Chicago? Hate it.
Indvidual Mandates we used to support? Hate it!

He should totally screw with their minds and say, "I think Mitt is a wonderful man, and I'm glad to be running against him instead of a real conservative!"

Thanks to President Obama's election Chicago appears to have become the new San Francisco for wingnuts.

As someone who lives around there and still visits frequently, it makes me pretty happy.

:)

I love it when Republicans talk about "segregation". Check out all those southern states. What right wingers do to minorities in those states is a crime. Think "voter suppression". Their leaders lost it when they admitted it's about keeping minorities from voting.

I'm from Chicago you ijit:

Chicago Is Still America's Most Segregated City: Chicagoist

Chicago Is Still America's Most Segregated City

A report from the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research found that while Chicago has experienced significant decline in racial segregation in the past decade, it still remains the most segregated city in the United States. The Sun-Times reports the study, conducted by professors from Harvard and Duke, both fellows at a conservative think tank, examined data dating all the way back to 1890 and found that cities in America are more integrated than any time since 1910. The report also found that “all white neighborhoods are effectively extinct.”

Chicago saw the second largest decline in segregation, trailing Houston. Gentrification, African Americans moving to the suburbs, better credit access and fair housing laws were given credit for the decline.

While the decline in segregation is encouraging, Chicago still has a very long way to go before it becomes a truly integrated city. While overt racism might play less of a role, things like economic disparity, employment and achievement gaps remain key factors. Rep. Danny Davis told the Sun Times “In some instances, the race question rises up, but in most instances, that’s not what rises up. What rises up, is can you pay the mortgage? Can you pay the rent.”

More, proving that the "North" isn't the bastion of freedom for blacks or anyone else. From the census data, via Huffington Post:

Chicago Most Segregated City In America, Despite Significant Improvements In Last Decade

Chicago Most Segregated City In America, Despite Significant Improvements In Last Decade

The results of a Census data study conducted by the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research revealed that segregation in urban areas has gone down nationwide, with Chicago experiencing the second-largest declines. But the study, titled "The End of the Segregated Century," also found that Chicago remains the most racially segregated city in the country.

"A half-century ago, one-fifth of America’s urban neighborhoods had exactly zero black residents," wrote study authors Edward Glaeser and Jacob L. Vigdor in the report summary. "Today, African-American residents can be found in 199 out of every 200 neighborhoods nationwide."

But the report attributes a significant proportion of these advances in integration to African-Americans' departure from older, more segregated cities in favor of "less segregated Sun Belt cities and suburbs." For example, Chicago's current "great migration," which has drawn many black residents to southern cities...

Lordy, it must suck to be you, rdean.

This isn't a one sided thing. So don't act like it is rdean...until the black community wants to try to stop the violence and blame game. Why the hell would the other races(NOT just whites) want to live with them? Maybe you need to ask why we would want to live with such violence within our own communities??? Why should we whites, asians, ect subject our children to racism of people that hate us for wanting to strive to be better?. How about for once blacks try to strive to be better?

It isn't whites that are going around in beating up people of the other race every single day. Why focus on us? Everyone has racist members within their ranks and it's pretty clear that the black community has a few orders of magnitude more of these kinds of people.

It's time to admit that the black community has a serious gang and racism problem. How the hell can you blame whites for it? Why should we go soft on them for murder and rape??? Like they seem to want us to do. How does that benefit anyone within our society.

If me stating this makes me a racist. Well, someone has to. We should never lower our standards because someone or a group of people can't respect them.

Last edited:
This isn't a one sided thing. So don't act like it is rdean...until the black community wants to try to stop the violence and blame game. Why the hell would the other races(NOT just whites) want to live with them? Maybe you need to ask why we would want to live with such violence within our own communities??? Why should we whites, asians, ect subject our children to racism of people that hate us for wanting to strive to be better?. How about for once blacks try to strive to be better?

It isn't whites that are going around in beating up people of the other race every single day. Why focus on us? Everyone has racist members within their ranks and it's pretty clear that the black community has a few orders of magnitude more of these kinds of people.

It's time to admit that the black community has a serious gang and racism problem. How the hell can you blame whites for it? Why should we go soft on them for murder and rape??? Like they seem to want us to do. How does that benefit anyone within our society.

If me stating this makes me a racist. Well, someone has to. We should never lower our standards because someone or a group of people can't respect them.

Your stand is a fail too. As evidenced by both sites I linked to, many blacks and whites and hispanics and Asians live alongside one another in peace in many Chicago area suburbs. Same down South. rdean's post just fails from start to finish. First in denial, then in attributing motivations on areas he hasn't any familiarity with. Worst fail, blaming me for racism via 'conservative.'

Your stand is a fail too. As evidenced by both sites I linked to, many blacks and whites and hispanics and Asians live alongside one another in peace in many Chicago area suburbs. Same down South. rdean's post just fails from start to finish. First in denial, then in attributing motivations on areas he hasn't any familiarity with. Worst fail, blaming me for racism via 'conservative.'

Fbi crime stats don't lie about the 5 fold murder rate.

chicago-race-murder-2009.bmp
[/IMG]

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime.../10shrtbl06.xls
Whites kill 3,063 people at 63-70% of the population!
Blacks kill 2,950 people at 13% of the population!

Lets try to scale it up to 70% of the population...

2,950/13x=70

13x=2,950*70

13x=206500

x=15,884.6 murders at 70%

15,884.6/3,062(blacks prop/whites)

x=5.2 times more likely to murder than whites!

I grew up in a poor neighborhood of Chicago, the Miracle Mile didn't even exist. You have no idea what it's like unless you've been there. Neighborhoods are merely blocks long, don't venture out of your "safe place", you will probably be shot if you do.

Those that are touting the magnificence of Chicago, would you go to Buckingham Fountain or Soldier Field on a Saturday night, with just your date?? What about the lake front near the Aquarium?? Not me, I wouldn't dare.

Been there lots of times, never had an issue.

I should point out that the Shedd Aqaurium and Soldier Field are only blocks apart.

Forum List

Back