Chevy re-Volt's

The real question is would anyone be buying a Chevt Dolt if the fucking government wasn't bribing them with tax credits?

Smartest car EHVV-AH, as in, of all time --- the Ford Model T and the Chevy Volt tie for first. Take that Fox!

volt-model-t.jpg

After discussing the list amongst ourselves, we agreed on a tie for the "Smartest Cars of All Time" based on their technological innovation for their time, and impact on history.

After much debate, we arrived at what we dub "the first real car of the twentieth century," the Ford Model T, and "the first real car of the 21st century," the Chevy Volt.

The Model T blazed the trail for mass production for the whole industry, and the Chevy Volt, though embroiled in political controversy, is the first car to establish a complete bridge from the internal combustion engine to electric battery propulsion for vehicles.

The jury is still out on whether the U.S., European or Chinese consumer will ultimately embrace the extended range plug-in electric vehicle as the car of this century. It is especially hard to sort that out given the car's status as a political punching bag in an election year.

But it delivers on what it was intended to be--a game changer for automotive transportation in a new century.

When a volt hybrid can
-Get 250 miles a gallon and go 500-600 miles on a single charge + full tank. (Pretty much Telsa like range, but in the next generation volt)
-Recharge in under 30 minutes
-price goes down to around $25,000/car

I can't really see how it won't be able to compete with the gasoline car.

With the reality of upcoming battery tech saying half the price with 5 times the energy density...I think it's possible.

Last edited:
The real question is would anyone be buying a Chevt Dolt if the fucking government wasn't bribing them with tax credits?

Smartest car EHVV-AH, as in, of all time --- the Ford Model T and the Chevy Volt tie for first. Take that Fox!

volt-model-t.jpg

After discussing the list amongst ourselves, we agreed on a tie for the "Smartest Cars of All Time" based on their technological innovation for their time, and impact on history.

After much debate, we arrived at what we dub "the first real car of the twentieth century," the Ford Model T, and "the first real car of the 21st century," the Chevy Volt.

The Model T blazed the trail for mass production for the whole industry, and the Chevy Volt, though embroiled in political controversy, is the first car to establish a complete bridge from the internal combustion engine to electric battery propulsion for vehicles.

The jury is still out on whether the U.S., European or Chinese consumer will ultimately embrace the extended range plug-in electric vehicle as the car of this century. It is especially hard to sort that out given the car's status as a political punching bag in an election year.

But it delivers on what it was intended to be--a game changer for automotive transportation in a new century.

I have no problem with the Volt if people want to buy it, but there shouldn't be an incentive by the government to do so. I’d always wondered before the volt why they couldn’t build such a car, electric that could recharge itself off a gas engine. I always thought that would be a good idea, and they finally built it. I think Obama was the worst thing that could have happened to the volt. The government pushing this car turned people away, along with the price of course, but GM engineered that car before the bailout, but now it's been stigmatized. I like GMs, have always owned GMs but now they are government motors… How sad

The Volt has been a monumental failure. I've never seen one on the road and I travel the freeways a lot.

What I do see is the Prius! Are they giving them away someplace or something?

Prius 1st year US sales (available all 50 states) 5,800 in 2000
Volt 1st year US sales (available in @ 12 states) 7,600 in 2011

Prius 2nd year US sales (available in 50 states) 15,600 in 2001 [@ 1,300/mo)
Volt 2nd year US sales (available in 50 states) 3,900 thru March 31 [@ 1,300/mo]

HTML:
Buy a Chevy Volt today!

It'll pay for itself in TWENTY SEVEN YEARS!

Or lease one and it can pay for itself from day one. We picked ours up on March 7th with 9 gallons of dealer supplied gas in the tank. This morning, April 23rd, it was in the garage with almost 1,600 miles on the clock, and showing 38 miles of available electric range. Gas used during that time? 2.7 gallons. Even RL can do that math. (hint....1600/2.7 = 592.6 so far on this tank of gas)

And the cost of the electricity to power it? $40/ month flat rate. That's $1.33/day in a 30 day month.

And the cost of the lease? $100 more than our second choice vehicle. So I spend $100 per month more on the car note, $40 per month on electricity, and next to nothing per month for gas. At this rate, I calculate we'll need to fill up in July. For a car we picked up in March I'll take that deal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back