Chevy Chase's "Spearchucker Remarks" VS Rick Perry's Black Cloud.70's&NBC Media Bias?

Reaction score
Who hasn't seen the classic racially charged sketch from a mid-70's SNL sketch where Chevy Chase called Garret Morris the worst black slang names of the time? And look at what happens to Chevy, he gets a town named after him. Not too many complaints from Liberals(but I don't remember how the NAACP reacted),OK, so now we have Rick Perry using the term Black Cloud during a speech. MSNBC and the NAACP are flying off the handle as if Perry is a racist. Now where were these people calling Perry a Racist in 1976? (ok,it was 35 years ago,but still,you get the picture), so what next? all GOP candidates are not allowed to say, Fried Chicken,Watermelon and Ribs at any time for the next 12 months? How the hell are they gonna order dinner at Denny's or Joe's Ribs & Chicken???:redface:

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score
Chevy Chase was doing comedy. Comedy. A good deal of comedy is done to hold a mirror up to society..so along with the laugh..you learn a lesson.

Comparing a comedian with a Presidential Candidate is absurd.

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who hasn't seen the classic racially charged sketch from a mid-70's SNL sketch where Chevy Chase called Garret Morris the worst black slang names of the time? And look at what happens to Chevy, he gets a town named after him. Not too many complaints from Liberals(but I don't remember how the NAACP reacted),OK, so now we have Rick Perry using the term Black Cloud during a speech. MSNBC and the NAACP are flying off the handle as if Perry is a racist. Now where were these people calling Perry a Racist in 1976? (ok,it was 35 years ago,but still,you get the picture), so what next? all GOP candidates are not allowed to say, Fried Chicken,Watermelon and Ribs at any time for the next 12 months? How the hell are they gonna order dinner at Denny's or Joe's Ribs & Chicken???:redface:
you=idiot

uscitizen

Reaction score
Chevy Chase is running for president?

Should we compare Peewee Hermans lewd behaviour with Sarah Palin?

OP
EdSchultzIsFat
Reaction score
Chevy Chase was doing comedy. Comedy. A good deal of comedy is done to hold a mirror up to society..so along with the laugh..you learn a lesson.

I thought my last line about dining at denny's and joe's was a good ending.

I know how different racial overtones were way back then,and God Forbid SNL do a sketch similar to that now,,,what I was getting at was how Libs reacted(which wasnt very severe) and compare it now where the candidates cant even bring up any black related jive words in public speeches!!
Whoops,,,I meant Richard Pryor,,,and I even saw him drive by me in Boston the day he hosted SNL!

westwall

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the NAACP was OK with it because at the end of the skit Pryor looks at Chase and says "dead honkey". That was when SNL was a truly great show.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
OP
EdSchultzIsFat
Reaction score

I thought my last line about dining at denny's and joe's was a good ending.

I know how different racial overtones were way back then,and God Forbid SNL do a sketch similar to that now,,,what I was getting at was how Libs reacted(which wasnt very severe) and compare it now where the candidates cant even bring up any black related jive words in public speeches!!
Whoops,,,I meant Richard Pryor,,,and I even saw him drive by me in Boston the day he hosted SNL!
Again I mis-spoke,Richard Pryor was doing a show in Boston the night I saw him drive by me,,,,IN HIS CADDILAC!

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OMIGOD!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

uscitizen

Reaction score
Seems like the first Spear Chucker Jones I ever heard of was in Mash the Movie?

OP
EdSchultzIsFat
Reaction score
ok,,I didnt do enough homework,,Chevy Chase MD, was around since 1918, but most americans didnt hear of it until Chevy's Career kicked off. I guess this means that we will have a Town in Texas named "Rick Perry" in 2013 !!

Political Junky

Gold Member
Reaction score
ok,,I didnt do enough homework,,Chevy Chase MD, was around since 1918, but most americans didnt hear of it until Chevy's Career kicked off. I guess this means that we will have a Town in Texas named "Rick Perry" in 2013 !!
Right.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
Who the fuck cares what the liberals call Perry. Its the same shit as always. The white Republican male is always a 'racist'. Now more than ever libs can't run on their record, so all they can do is attack their opponents with false accusations.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List