CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

By all means lets demand that middle eastern nations start treating women with the same respect they get in this country. Let me know how that works out for ya.

How odd... it's Obama's fault, it is Logan's fault.... blame anyone but those who actually participated in the assault.

Not liberal thinking... not conservative thinking.... just jack shit stupid at it's finest.

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

If those who participated in the assualt did anything wrong, it was wrong by OUR standards, to their standards in that country they were perfectly within their rights if not obligations. That's what makes blaming the perpetrators so hard. If they were HERE, no contest, they were wrong and should be punished. But they weren't here. They were in their own country where they make the laws. The laws put logan clearly in the wrong. The punishment for women being in the wrong is immediate.

Mere weeks after Lara Logan was assaulted Egyptian women were stripped in the streets then beaten because they were naked and the perpetrators STILL did nothing wrong according to their laws.

The perpetrators did nothing wrong, it's the CULTURE stupid!

Oh i agree it is their culture. But this woman still didn't do anything wrong. I have to disagree with you on that one.

If anyone could be said to be "asking for it" this woman did.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.
You're blaming the victim?

Stupid and obtuse.

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

If those who participated in the assualt did anything wrong, it was wrong by OUR standards, to their standards in that country they were perfectly within their rights if not obligations. That's what makes blaming the perpetrators so hard. If they were HERE, no contest, they were wrong and should be punished. But they weren't here. They were in their own country where they make the laws. The laws put logan clearly in the wrong. The punishment for women being in the wrong is immediate.

Mere weeks after Lara Logan was assaulted Egyptian women were stripped in the streets then beaten because they were naked and the perpetrators STILL did nothing wrong according to their laws.

Oh i agree it is their culture. But this woman still didn't do anything wrong. I have to disagree with you on that one.

For one thing, she was blonde, obviously western appearing and immediately called a Jew. She was working. She was certainly a journalist. Her existence in that place and time was wrong. What wrong did the Egyptian women do when they were stripped and beaten? Nothing.

The primary wrong done was by whoever sent her there in the first place. That was either arrogance or stupidity. If no one else, they should have known that being female on the streets is dangerous under any circumstances. In those circumstances it became unforgiveable. Yet, the foolish Americans think they can just demand that other cultures change to suit them.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.
You're blaming the victim?

Stupid and obtuse.

Only by OUR standards is she a victim. One thing that Americans just don't "get".

How odd... it's Obama's fault, it is Logan's fault.... blame anyone but those who actually participated in the assault.

Not liberal thinking... not conservative thinking.... just jack shit stupid at it's finest.

You are an idiot of the first order! The rapists used rape because it is traumatizing, not because your false and incredibly stupid ideas of culture.

Every culture sees rape for what it is: an act of violence. If you continue to fail Social Studies, how will you ever have a realistic grasp on the world? Or will you just accept what some moronic pundits say?

For one thing, she was blonde, obviously western appearing and immediately called a Jew. She was working. She was certainly a journalist. Her existence in that place and time was wrong. What wrong did the Egyptian women do when they were stripped and beaten? Nothing.

The primary wrong done was by whoever sent her there in the first place. That was either arrogance or stupidity. If no one else, they should have known that being female on the streets is dangerous under any circumstances. In those circumstances it became unforgiveable. Yet, the foolish Americans think they can just demand that other cultures change to suit them.

I agree and disagree with you. She is a Democrat Dummy no doubt, but that doesn't mean she was in the wrong. Her incredible stupidity does not justify what these Egyptian animals did to her.

Oh please! What doltishness.

Don't these guys know not to hit a girl. Their mammas shoulda raised them better.

But, when the shoe is on the other foot, and these men come here killing wives and daughters because they have been dishonored, we have no problem whatsoever in blaming them even when they see themselves as the "victims".

Every cultures sees rape as an act of violence. Now just WHERE could you possibly have gotten that idea when in the middle east women and girls who have been the victim of horrible rapes are routinely tried in courts of law, found guilty of seduction and sentenenced to lashing or stoning. You know this is true. Maybe you forgot for a moment, but you know it's true.

On the one hand, y'all can run around citing instances of an incompatible and barbaric culture, and on the other pretend that cultural morals are something we all share. You have run out of hands.

Lara Logan was deliberately sent into a country that at the foundation does not accord rights of any kind to women, into a war zone in which the only position both sides share is that women have no rights, and into a volatile and extremely violent situation. Lara Logan accepted this assignment with some ditzy idea that being female would command some respect as a non-combatant, and some sort of jouralistic shield to protect her. If she did not know that last year was the year in which more journalists were killed than any other year in history she was deliberately blind. And, those were men.

She was a mouse, set loose in an alley full of feral cats with the expectation that they would all be nice.

If we keep clinging to how it should be if we ruled the world, instead of how it really is, these situations have a better chance happening again.

the word despicable comes to mind, and i'm not talking about the rapists.

and yet he's still posting here.

go figure.

Oh stop being such a baby. We put up with your weird stalking Neg-Rep shite don't we? Try joining the discussion rather than just bitching about what's being said. Sometimes hearing things you don't like can be good for you. And don't give me your stale ":cuckoo:" reply either. That has gotten really old & tired. If you don't like the discussion, simply go away and join another. It's a big site. Enjoy. :)

We have military bases in the middle east. When American women leave those bases and go into the towns and cities, they must cover themselves exactly as the law is applied to local women. They may not have to wear burkas, but they must wear gloves that cover their hands and wrists. They must wear headscarves. Not because they would get a ticket and notice to appear, but because they would be beaten, on the spot, maybe to death.

Then we have Lara Logan, who walks into the middle of a fight. When she's called a Jew, her answer is a sprightly "No I'm not. How about a few words to the folks back in the states."

When a person, man or woman, enters a zone like Tahrir square on fight night, they have no complaints when they get attacked. It should be expected. A woman should expect that attack to be a sexual assualt. That's what they do to women.

We have military bases in the middle east. When American women leave those bases and go into the towns and cities, they must cover themselves exactly as the law is applied to local women. They may not have to wear burkas, but they must wear gloves that cover their hands and wrists. They must wear headscarves. Not because they would get a ticket and notice to appear, but because they would be beaten, on the spot, maybe to death.

Then we have Lara Logan, who walks into the middle of a fight. When she's called a Jew, her answer is a sprightly "No I'm not. How about a few words to the folks back in the states."

When a person, man or woman, enters a zone like Tahrir square on fight night, they have no complaints when they get attacked. It should be expected. A woman should expect that attack to be a sexual assualt. That's what they do to women.

You DO know that the dress policy you describe is in Saudi Arabia, our stanch ally to this day, right?

It was not, and as far as I know, still is not the policy in Egypt.

But, what the heck, they are all the same to you, aren't they?

This thread certainly has turned into a Showcase on what two posters are like and how they view women, victims, responsibility, rape, and the Middle East......hasn't it?

Yeah, whatever. Clueless as usual.

The Democrats on this Board just cannot accept the fact these cretins are Obama's new puppets in Egypt. And they are being propped up with American Tax Dollars. It's gonna be a real Lose/Lose for Americans in the end.

Forum List

Back