Carl Weathers RIP

Apollo Creed. RIP.

Carl Weathers, ‘Rocky’s’ Apollo Creed and ‘Mandalorian’ Actor, Dies at 76​

Does this mean his next fight is cancelled?

I was stationed in Hawaii when they were filming episodes there.
The first season began in 1987 and followed Bravo company's second platoon located at Camp Ladybird. Second platoon was standard light infantry platoon conducting "search and destroy" missions in Vietnam, under the command of 2nd Lieutenant (1st Lieutenant from the start of season 2) Myron Goldman (Stephen Caffrey) and Staff Sergeant (later Sergeant First Class) Zeke Anderson (Terence Knox). It was filmed on location in Hawaii at Schofield Barracks.[1][2]

For the second and third seasons, the series was filmed at Indian Dunes/Newhall Orchards and Farms west of Santa Clarita, California between Hwy 126 and the Santa Clara River to reduce filming costs. This area was also used to film China Beach, Baa Baa Black Sheep and many other t.v. series and movies from the mid-1970's to 1990.

The change of location also led to a change in the show's direction. Beginning in the second season, the platoon was relocated to a base near Saigon, Tan Son Nhut. Production staff interviewed in Vietnam Magazine said this change in premise doomed the series because it shifted from being a realistic chronicle about the life of an average combat infantryman to an action/romantic/drama show.[1] CBS wanted female characters because ABC had premiered China Beach, a Vietnam Army nurses drama, which was aimed directly at attracting more female viewers.

In Tour of Duty's third season, the remaining female character was killed off, and the platoon was transferred to a SOG unit at Camp Barnett, under the command of Colonel Brewster (played by Carl Weathers). The unit conducted covert operations in Vietnam and Cambodia which included a fictional version of the raid on Son Tay Prison. The show was cancelled at the end of this season due to falling ratings.

Guest stars included Lee Majors, James Hong, Mako, Kelly Hu, Angela Bassett, Ving Rhames, Melora Hardin, Everett McGill, Olivia d'Abo, David Alan Grier, Richard Brooks, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, William Sadler, and Michael Madsen.

I do not recall this show though I was in the Army in 1962-64 and stationed in Schweinfurt Germany until I was returned to Ft. Dix for my discharge.

I happened to visit the film being made not far from Santa Rosa, Ca called Combat and after that I lost interest in war movies.

It was one of my favorite TV shows. Great cast. They took on tough subjects too.
They filmed an epsidoe (part of one) on my flightline, showed them climbing into a Huey, and amazingly, there was a UH-60 in the background! One of the guys in my company was crewing it and you can make him out for a second walking beside it in his flight suit,

Most people watching would not have even realized how wrong that scene was.

I agree it was a good show and I'd like to watch it again, because I barely watched TV back then and saw only a few episodes, but we did see that blond haired actor in it at Hard Rock one weekend.

That's what's airing on cable right now.
I barely recall who Carl Weathers is but know for a fact that this time next year the Democrats will have forgot who he is.

Trump is a lousy actor and pretender.
FuHaNhzWwAMe9_8.jpeg

Forum List

Back