Capitol Police have apologized to the Guardsmen

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Top lawmakers from both parties took to Twitter to decry the decision and call for answers after POLITICO first reported the news Thursday night, with some even offering their offices to be used as rest areas. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted: “If this is true, it's outrageous. I will get to the bottom of this.” And Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) noted that the Capitol complex remains closed to members of the public, “so there’s plenty of room for troops to take a break in them.”

By 10 p.m., Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) said the situation was “being resolved” and that the Guardsmen would be able to return indoors later in the night.

“Just made a number of calls and have been informed Capitol Police have apologized to the Guardsmen and they will be allowed back into the complex tonight,” added Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), who lost both of her legs in combat. “I’ll keep checking to make sure they are.”

'We feel incredibly betrayed': Thousands of Guardsmen forced to vacate Capitol - POLITICO
-------------------------------------
probably republicans got sick of them hanging around the capital.

Yea, now they are billeted in the parking garage and it ain't heated.

Foreign embassies have been bringing them warm food. They only get MREs from our asshole government.

Our country is so fucked up now because of the thievery of the election that we are an embarrassment to the world.

If I understand correctly, this is the Capitol Police Department who ordered the NG out of the Capitol ... some kind of "turf war" I imagine, but that's based on what I see on TV ...

Capitol Police are in deep shit ... they've been having serious problems long long before the riot inside ... it's upsetting to them to have others come in to do their job ...

Forum List

Back