Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

The siren song of 'get-rich-quick-without-getting-hands-dirty-by-going-to-college' hollowed out the working class allowing immigrants to fill the void. Prior to that Americans did those jobs.
Neoliberal economics hollowed out the US middle class after FDR's New Deal and the GI Bill created the biggest such economic cohort in world history.
us-healthcare-costs-vs-middle-class-income-eanfar.org_.gif

"The gap between the rich and poor has risen dramatically since the 1980s. Real inflation-adjusted income to the Middle Class has been almost completely flat for decades.

"The poverty rate has increased significantly since the early-2000s. And the Labor Force Participation Rate has been falling and is at its lowest level in recorded history."

Neoliberal Case Study: The United States - Gini Foundation

I was shocked when I discovered that a classmate of mine in high school, who everyone believed was going on to college, along with his brother bought the apartment building that my brother was living in as well as another next door (that's how I found out). This just a couple of years out of high school
I knew of someone similar when I left high school in 1965. Bruce had been a varsity wrestler as a sophomore who gave that up to work for a local nursery. Over the next two years he made so much money he bought a great car and left for USC.

The last I heard he was finishing a PhD and embarking on a business career. The cost of living and doing business was so much lower 60 years ago that such a "success" story was possible; I'm not sure that's still a viable career path today, and I don't see any way your neighbors would find enough hours in their days (or start-up money) to compete against Black Rock Rentals today.
1642631970640.jpeg

I knew of someone similar when I left high school in 1965. Bruce had been a varsity wrestler as a sophomore who gave that up to work for a local nursery. Over the next two years he made so much money he bought a great car and left for USC.

The last I heard he was finishing a PhD and embarking on a business career. The cost of living and doing business was so much lower 60 years ago that such a "success" story was possible; I'm not sure that's still a viable career path today, and I don't see any way your neighbors would find enough hours in their days (or start-up money) to compete against Black Rock Rentals today.
View attachment 590176
It certainly can be done today, it just takes longer (what's the rush anyway?).

Neoliberal economics hollowed out the US middle class after FDR's New Deal and the GI Bill created the biggest such economic cohort in world history.
us-healthcare-costs-vs-middle-class-income-eanfar.org_.gif

"The gap between the rich and poor has risen dramatically since the 1980s. Real inflation-adjusted income to the Middle Class has been almost completely flat for decades.

"The poverty rate has increased significantly since the early-2000s. And the Labor Force Participation Rate has been falling and is at its lowest level in recorded history."

Neoliberal Case Study: The United States - Gini Foundation
Workers should save more instead of rushing to buy every new shiny object that those rich people produce. They might also take better care of their health.

ajority rule can certainly be totalitarian. And if you think majority rule should be applied to everything, that's exactly what you're asking for.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarian_democracy#:~:text=A%20totalitarian%20democratic%20state%20is,good%22)%20and%20majority%20rule.

"A totalitarian democratic state is said to maximize its control over the lives of its citizens by using the dual rationale of general will (i.e., 'public good') and majority rule.

"An argument can be made that in some circumstances it is actually the political, economic, and military élite who interpret the general will to suit their own interests."

I suppose the white majority in Jim Crow Dixie felt segregation was a "public good."

Define private tyranny.
Chomsky's definition works for me.

On "Private Tyrannies" | Ben O'Neill

"Chomsky goes on to cite with approval the work of political economist Robert Brady who states,

Within the corporation all policies emanate from the control above. In the union of this power to determine policy with the execution thereof, all authority necessarily proceeds from the top to the bottom and all responsibility from the bottom to the top. This is, of course, the inverse of "democratic" control; it follows the structural conditions of dictatorial power."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarian_democracy#:~:text=A%20totalitarian%20democratic%20state%20is,good%22)%20and%20majority%20rule.

"A totalitarian democratic state is said to maximize its control over the lives of its citizens by using the dual rationale of general will (i.e., 'public good') and majority rule.

"An argument can be made that in some circumstances it is actually the political, economic, and military élite who interpret the general will to suit their own interests."

I suppose the white majority in Jim Crow Dixie felt segregation was a "public good."
It's hard to tell what your point is - always your goal - but it seems you're simply agreeing with me. :thup:

What you mean is that the firms went bankrupt and therefore couldn't pay their pensions. That's why U.S. firms went to 401Ks
So what?

"The rearchers say part of the trouble is that many employers that offer 401(k) plans to their workers are outgunned by financial firms that sell them bad plans loaded with hefty fees.

"That's especially true, they say, for small and midsize employers that don't have much financial expertise in-house."

So what?

"The rearchers say part of the trouble is that many employers that offer 401(k) plans to their workers are outgunned by financial firms that sell them bad plans loaded with hefty fees.

"That's especially true, they say, for small and midsize employers that don't have much financial expertise in-house."

They should ask me, I'll be happy to help.

Capitalism is increasingly saturated with evil. In its upper strata, there was an oversaturation of filth. The essence of the moment is that leaders who support the public good have disappeared as a phenomenon. The game of the two elements of the "market" - greed and fear - has accumulated quantity, and has moved into a new quality

Capitalism is increasingly saturated with evil. In its upper strata, there was an oversaturation of filth. The essence of the moment is that leaders who support the public good have disappeared as a phenomenon. The game of the two elements of the "market" - greed and fear - has accumulated quantity, and has moved into a new quality
Pure idiocy. Try accompanying your horseshit with some actual supporting evidence.

Forum List

Back