Capitalism is evil!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I oppose the private prison industry? I am afraid that this industry will bribe judges into keeping the private prisons full.

I oppose the private prison industry? I am afraid that this industry will bribe judges into keeping the private prisons full.

I would agree with you on this.

If the government (that is we the people) is going to convict people for violating laws we approve of we have to bear the burden of of housing those we convict. We should be doing it as efficiently as possible of course, but creating a private industry out of it will only create incentives for corruption.

That's not an example of Capitalism. It's an example of Statist Corporate Cronyism.

Just sayin'.

Bad thing about a representative republic, not all opinions are allowed, only those with the greatest pressure to apply to their own financial gain..

Right, and government's long track record of waste and incompetence and corruption?

Too bad those in charge don't get put in prison for waste and corruption.

If they did perhaps it wouldn't be so pervasive.

Its a dream job for screw ups and incompetents because there is largely no accountability. There is a front page story running right now on how government wasted over 3/4 of a billion dollars paying thousands of screw up government employees to stay home for months, even years while they appealed being demoted. :bang3:

Right, and government's long track record of waste and incompetence and corruption?

Too bad those in charge don't get put in prison for waste and corruption.

If they did perhaps it wouldn't be so pervasive.

Its a dream job for screw ups and incompetents because there is largely no accountability. There is a front page story running right now on how government wasted over 3/4 of a billion dollars paying thousands of screw up government employees to stay home for months, even years while they appealed being demoted. :bang3:

They also wasted $3,600,000,000,000 sending tax returns to scammers.

IRS paid 3.6 billion in fraudulent tax refunds - Nov. 7 2013

I don't think prisons are going to have a problem of too much vacancy anytime soon. We release violent criminals early because there is no room in our prisons. It's one of the main reasons our society is so fucked up to begin with.

The private prison industry is an abomination and judges have already been caught doing just what OP says, specially to juveniles where it is easier to force bullshit plea bargains.

Forum List

Back