Capital Punishment

Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys, I am a Scottish student conducting a dissertation on Capital Punishment in the USA, and as part of my research I'm investigating American attitudes towards the punishment. I've created a survey that I would really appreciate anyone to take part in, it only takes a few minutes and will give valuable data for me to use in my study. Thanks for any responses.

US Opinions of Capital Punishment Survey

occupied in what regard? I'm new to this forum so I don't really know too much, is it used by mostly Americans or a mix of nationalities? Or are you referring to a predominant political ideology/line of thought on the forum?

occupied in what regard? I'm new to this forum so I don't really know too much, is it used by mostly Americans or a mix of nationalities? Or are you referring to a predominant political ideology/line of thought on the forum?
This board is predominantly hardline conservative haters with a few leftists thrown in. If you use this board alone you will get the idea that Americans love capital punishment and want to expand it for much lesser offenses and put it on TV.

Americans largely favor capital punishment. I have lived in Europe for decades also and have found that most Europeans, like their American counterparts also favor it under extreme circumstances. There are times when anything less would not serve justice.

This board is predominantly hardline conservative haters with a few leftists thrown in. If you use this board alone you will get the idea that Americans love capital punishment and want to expand it for much lesser offenses and put it on TV.

Ah okay I understand now, I am trying to get a variety of opinions for both sides of the argument so I can analyse why people hold the views that they do, I have sent the survey to friends in Maryland to share amongst their peers but wanted opinions from people from a mix of states to try create a better picture of attitudes across the country

Ah okay I understand now, I am trying to get a variety of opinions for both sides of the argument so I can analyse why people hold the views that they do, I have sent the survey to friends in Maryland to share amongst their peers but wanted opinions from people from a mix of states to try create a better picture of attitudes across the country
I applaud your scholarship. Most Americans do favor capital punishment and most have never even considered why they favor it. We have a strong urge towards retribution and vengeance when presented with a horrible act. I personally do not believe the state should have the power to take your life but I am in a slim minority here.

Hi guys, I am a Scottish student conducting a dissertation on Capital Punishment in the USA, and as part of my research I'm investigating American attitudes towards the punishment. I've created a survey that I would really appreciate anyone to take part in, it only takes a few minutes and will give valuable data for me to use in my study. Thanks for any responses.

I would prefer the family perform the capital punishment after the person has been convicted.

This board is not really a representative sample of Americans.
>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
RIGHT ON !!!

there are way too many bleeding heart liberfools here who will protest the legal killing of a murderer .., but have no problem with killing babies still in the womb.
What amazes me is the number who are against the death penalty but empathize with ISIS/ISIL/AQ.

I would prefer the family perform the capital punishment after the person has been convicted.

I see from your profile that you are from Texas. From your experiences do you find that most people you know support the death penalty?

I see from your profile that you are from Texas. From your experiences do you find that most people you know support the death penalty?

And do you know of any states that has widespread support for capital punishment but the state does not use it?

They do and I support a family pulling the plug on someone who is eligible for the death penalty. I have a problem with the state taking away life ie babies, adults. Don't know if that makes any sense but hope that helps.

The state should never have the power to kill any of its people,for any reason,other than self deference,you protecting yourself,or the Gov. doing it,like the cops or military.

Forum List

Back