Can't buys guns, ammo, cigarettes, or prescription drugs if Georgia Credit Union is your bank

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
This is, unfortunately, not hard to believe. In addition to the items in the headline, they also prohibit "goods or services that are sexually oriented", so no condoms or KY or 'gasp' sex toys. Also prohibit "goods or services that include language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially insensitive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous". There isn't much that couldn't be lumped into one of those buckets these days.

This is, unfortunately, not hard to believe. In addition to the items in the headline, they also prohibit "goods or services that are sexually oriented", so no condoms or KY or 'gasp' sex toys. Also prohibit "goods or services that include language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially insensitive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous". There isn't much that couldn't be lumped into one of those buckets these days.

Bank failure in 3... 2...

That's a bad business decision...lol

I see a lawsuit in the brewing and many people moving to Navy Federal....

By the way if you ever want a credit card that you can always buy guns and ammo with, i recommend this one.

1705409684827.png

Explanation from GACU - I don't see the part where this only applies to person-to-person transactions. Regardless, yes it does say how members can use their money.

That is easily worked around by what is the best way to buy things anyway.

Use a credit card with a cash back reward then just use your bank account to pay the card off every month.

Explanation from GACU - I don't see the part where this only applies to person-to-person transactions. Regardless, yes it does say how members can use their money.

Why would they even concern themselves with something so rare, Person to Person sale? Does the average joe walk around with a card reader? They have to be lying.

Since the dawn of civilization. That's a pretty good track record...
I also think it's a good idea, but even that is not a bullet proof strategy. The US outlawed private ownership of gold for 40 years. This attempt to control how we spend our money is why I am so against central banking and central bank digital currency. I think this is just a minor preview of what that will look like.

If you buy those items with a card, you just need to get a different card. A lot of the items they won't make payment for are items I wouldn't use a card for anyhow. Written records can come back to bite a customer in the ass.

A number of years ago, a prominent mayor in Ohio went to a Kentucky Hoe-House and paid with a check. After the joint was raided, it was publicized and the politician's career went on the skids.

Would not have happened with a cash money payment.

I also think it's a good idea, but even that is not a bullet proof strategy. The US outlawed private ownership of gold for 40 years. This attempt to control how we spend our money is why I am so against central banking and central bank digital currency. I think this is just a minor preview of what that will look like.
"But this decree was met with great reluctance, and some estimates published by Friedman and Schwartz showed that only 20% to 25% of the gold of private individuals was actually deposited with the authorities (the equivalent of just under 95 tons of gold!)."

Simply withdraw funds and move your money elsewhere. Problem solved.
But that would deny the world a good bitch fest about take ypir rights away.

I worked in a credit union years ago when debit cards first started to be a thing. They almost all have something in the “fine print” about the cards can be limited. In the same way the “fine print“ of most safety deposit boxes prohibit firearms, large amounts of cash, and any kind of item used for illegal purposes inside. It’s a CYA for the financial institution, the old but we told them not to do bad stuff clause.

Best to choose shiny bead payment

If you buy those items with a card, you just need to get a different card. A lot of the items they won't make payment for are items I wouldn't use a card for anyhow. Written records can come back to bite a customer in the ass.

A number of years ago, a prominent mayor in Ohio went to a Kentucky Hoe-House and paid with a check. After the joint was raided, it was publicized and the politician's career went on the skids.

Would not have happened with a cash money payment.
That was Jerry Springer/Cincinnati. I wonder if prostitutes have card readers? BTW Springer got elected after that.

Forum List

Back