Canarsie Pier....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
One of my pals on the USMB, I won't mention the name, grew up on the Canarsie Pier....

I hate to be the one to break the news....

1. "Dilapidated Canarsie Pier building demolished

2. The dream of reopening a restaurant at Canarsie Pier have been bulldozed.

3. The National Parks Service finally demolished the old Abbracciamento’s restaurant building...

4. ... demolition of the long-vacant and dilapidated building that once housed the beloved eatery comes after repeated attempts by the Parks Service to fill the vacant restaurant with another vendor.

5. The final nail in the building’s coffin came from Hurricane Sandy, which damaged the already ailing structure — although not the pier itself — beyond salvation."
Pier destruction: Old Abbracciamento?s building gone for good ? Brooklyn Daily

Sorry, pal....but, as Thomas Wolfe so aptly stated.....

"You Can't Go Home Again"

One of my pals on the USMB, I won't mention the name, grew up on the Canarsie Pier....

3. The National Parks Service finally demolished the old Abbracciamento’s restaurant building...

4. ... demolition of the long-vacant and dilapidated building that once housed the beloved eatery comes after repeated attempts by the Parks Service to fill the vacant restaurant with another vendor.

5. The final nail in the building’s coffin came from Hurricane Sandy, which damaged the already ailing structure — although not the pier itself — beyond salvation."

:sad:

Hated to have to be the one to break it to ya'.....

...but ' Gateway spokeswoman Daphne Yun' sounded Korean...I felt obligated....

Last edited:

:lol: ;)

:lol: ;)

I grew up not far from there, in Sunset Park.....

We're between Trajan's pier and Sunset Park.

I don't know what it was like when you lived there, but now it's mostly Hispanic, with some Chinese.

Shortly after 9/11, we were shopping in Sunset Part...and just about every house had a big American flag hanging in front.

Immigrants.

Forum List

Back