Can we educate people to live a better life, or are humans simply incapable?

We need to consume more protein and less starches. kids are overweight because most of them consume way too much sugar.

Too much sugar is a problem, however the issue here is whether people should be educated about food or not. Is it worth educating people about sugar when they're going to eat sugar anyway and ignore their education?

Kind of sucks you don't get to dictate to people how they live their lives, huh? I mean its not our fault that God decided to make rutabaga taste like a dirty sock and the devil makes pizza to taste yum yum.
Rutabaga was made by the devil.

Too much sugar is a problem, however the issue here is whether people should be educated about food or not. Is it worth educating people about sugar when they're going to eat sugar anyway and ignore their education?
Sugar is a problem if it isn't used as fuel. We drank lots of soda back in the day but we were active and burned it off. Few kids were overweight back then.

My life's GREAT!!! I'm OK with making it better though. Hmmmm; I might repaint the V8 Jeep. More sailing and fishing once the spring comes around in a few weeks. Not sure how the Solar are going; put them in a couple of months ago. (ONLY because idiot lefty jackasses are going to make mains power more expensive like they have other fuels.....the SCUM!!!

Greg
Do you live in the southern hemisphere?

Did I make any comment about what I support or don't support?

No, I did not. I ASKED A QUESTION about whether you could educate people to do this or not.

You haven't even got close to this topic. You've taken one look, seen a few words, decided you know what the topic is and gone off on one about whatever the fuck you think it is, and you're not even close.
Let me help.
If our so-called 'health professionals' can't get on the same page regarding health then no, people can't be taught to improve their health. They are like the blind monks groping at the elephant, each thinking that what they perceive represents the whole animal.

"'You look in supermarket trollies - no wonder they’re overweight’, Tory MP urges kids to eat more vegetables"

"More should be done to educate people on healthy food choices in order to battle the "ticking time bomb" that is the obesity crisis, a Conservative MP has said.

Sir Robert Goodwill, who chairs the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, made the comments as the committee published a report suggesting that food insecurity will result in 40 million people being obese by 2035."

I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.

What you are really asking is can we or should we force people to behave certain ways beyond the whole "Don't be a criminal" thing most people agree on forcing people to acclimate to.

Whoah, dude! You should eat your vegetables.

When I was a kid there was 2 choices for dinner:

Eat it or don't.

If it had vegetables, you eat that, too! :aargh:

Humans eating nothing but hot dogs and baloney sandwiches and chicken nuggets (holy crap those are bad) and pizza and Hotpockets is NOT proper nutrition, brah.

"Traumatizing children making them eat things they say they don't like".

Oh hell no!

You have to make children try new things to eat or else they won't. That's a fact.

I got a story about that and Froot Loops but I'll save that for later, and I was 2 1/2 and I remember that.
Nowaitaminute! I make my own chicken nuggets and they are very healthful.

Chicken breast meat cut into cubes.
Dredge in organic flour.
Dip in egg wash.
Coat with corn flake crumbs.
Lightly deep fry in peanut oil.
Shake off excess oil.
Lightly salt.
ENJOY!

My mom had a more simple plan. Every day is Summer Vacation, she told my sister's and I ...

"Go out and play ... and don't come home until the street lines come on"
We used to play under the streetlight until late in the evening (we lived on a dead-end street, no traffic).

Healthy food choices and regular sexual activity is important for both physical and mental health.

"Ve get so soon oldt undt so late schmart, better ve chust go fishing." -Old German proverb

People are capable but sugar in particular is an addictive killer.as are refined carbs which precede it. Then there is Fast Food, pop (soda) etc. Really, is anything worse for us than soda on a.reguoar basis? It should be age restrictive it is so destructive to the body over time. How many parents pick up a 24 of soda? It isn't even necessarily eating the best foods, but avoiding the worst.
The food industry has purposely turned a couple generations of kids into sugar addicts

"'You look in supermarket trollies - no wonder they’re overweight’, Tory MP urges kids to eat more vegetables"

"More should be done to educate people on healthy food choices in order to battle the "ticking time bomb" that is the obesity crisis, a Conservative MP has said.

Sir Robert Goodwill, who chairs the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, made the comments as the committee published a report suggesting that food insecurity will result in 40 million people being obese by 2035."

I read this article and wondered whether it's even worth it. You could "educate" people till the cows come home, but the reality is most people will ignore whatever education they get and turn to a default program setting inside.
364771222_10230327127062984_7647132622284645072_n.jpg

The food industry won't allow it and since the food industry owns so many politicians no schools will ever educate children on nutrition and school lunches will never be anything more than the shit food they are

The food industry won't allow it and since the food industry owns so many politicians no schools will ever educate children on nutrition and school lunches will never be anything more than the shit food they are
The primary function of education is the get people to do what "Simon Says".

Exactly and Simon doesn't give a single fuck about anyone else's well being
It's even worse. There is no one qualified to teach "Well-Being". :(

I remember gathering in the auditorium in 1st grade for a lesson on dental care. A person holding a giant set of teeth was accompanied by another with a giant toothbrush. We were shown how to always brush in the direction of our teeth, never crosswise. No mention of flossing or later of "blotting" or oral rinses. There was no mention of dental hygiene for the remainder my 12 years of education, all the while our teeth were rotting out of our heads. Untreated caries in front teeth were common.

"The well-being of the individual is the well-being of the nation."
-Woodznutz

Last edited:

Forum List

Back