Can The Seahawks Repeat?

Hey huggy, why you mad? Look, don't take it out on me because you waste your time number crunching for roided up chimps you are gay for

OK I'll be your hero.

BUT you will have to cut out the gayness and the mindless racism.

Here in America we value free speach unlike many parts of the globe.. BUT with it goes a responsibility for ones own actions and that includes what comes out of your mouth or keyboard.

I have a theory that those that spend too much time bringing up gay are in fact gay.

Personally I find gay behavior disgusting so if you want my attention in these posts drop it.

You are welcome to be entertained by the finest athletes on the planet which is the NFL and share in that entertainment which is by far the most watched here in the USA.

If you think this is a platform to vent your irrational and perverse rascist attitude you will just be ignored.

We have a feature here on USMB which is an ignore app. One more rascist comment and its bye bye.

It will take a lot of research to arrive at an informed guess but as the NFL sits right now I see no reason why not...especially if the AFC team is as weak physically as Denver.

Arizona seems to keep coming up with hard nosed defenses.

SF has a lot of motivation but can't seem to do better than split with the Hawks in the reg season.

The Carroll formula has developed into a "cult" mindset that only appears to be gathering steam.

If Seattle drafted no players this year and just paid those that need to get paid the team would still be better in 2014 than last season. The only game the whole team played even close to their potential was last weekend. And almost to a man the players believe that there is room to improve individually. That is a scary thought for the rest of the NFL.

Can the Seaducks repeat?

"There have only been seven teams to win back-to-back Super Bowls. One team did it twice. In chronological order, those teams are:

Super Bowl VII, 1973; Super Bowl VIII, 1974: Miami Dolphins

Super Bowl IX, 1975; Super Bowl X, 1976: Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl XIII, 1979; Super Bowl XIV, 1980: Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl XXIII, 1989; Super Bowl XXIV, 1990: San Francisco 49ers

Super Bowl XXVII, 1993; Super Bowl XXVIII, 1994: Dallas Cowboys

Super Bowl XXXII, 1998; Super Bowl XXXIII, 1999: Denver Broncos

Super Bowl XXXVIII, 2004; Super Bowl XXXIX, 2005: New England Patriots

The Top Five Repeat Super Bowl Teams | Bleacher Report

That would be out of 49 Super Bowls.

Current Vegas odds: 1:7 to win it.

What a coincidence....Vegas bookies are lazy.

Last edited:
Can The Seahawks Repeat?

I think it has a lot to do with WHY the Hawks beat Denver so convincingly and if it is LIKELY that Denver repeats getting to the Super Bowl.

If the Hawks make it back to the Super Bowl and so does Denver.. a repeat performance is very likely.

Nothing much that determined THAT game's outcome has changed.

Hey huggy, why you mad? Look, don't take it out on me because you waste your time number crunching for roided up chimps you are gay for

OK I'll be your hero.

Here in America we value free speach unlike many parts of the globe.. BUT with it goes a responsibility for ones own actions and that includes what comes out of your mouth or keyboard.

I have a theory that those that spend too much time bringing up gay are in fact gay.

Personally I find gay behavior disgusting so if you want my attention in these posts drop it.

You are welcome to be entertained by the finest athletes on the planet which is the NFL and share in that entertainment which is by far the most watched here in the USA.

If you think this is a platform to vent your irrational and perverse rascist attitude you will just be ignored.

We have a feature here on USMB which is an ignore app. One more rascist comment and its bye bye.

free speech in america? you're trying to be funny right? :lol::lol::lol: anytime somebody comes out and tells the truth about government corruption going on giving a version of what they saw happened that did not fit the governments explanation,they wind up dying in very mysterious deaths.just look at the JFK assassination.thats real free speech alright.thats really living in the land of the free alright.:lol::lol::lol:

yeah this guy has got to be some gay cause ive always thought the same thing,someone who goes making gay remarks has to be gay themselves.He is obviously a racist as well.somehow every football player is a ******,like there are no white players that play the game.:cuckoo: and while i got no problem with someone coming on here calling that gay ram player a fairy or soemthing like that since someone being gay disgusts me,while im not black,its kinda offensive coming on here calling all black players the N word.

OK I'll be your hero.

free speech in america? you're trying to be funny right? :lol::lol::lol: anytime somebody comes out and tells the truth about government corruption going on giving a version of what they saw happened that did not fit the governments explanation,they wind up dying in very mysterious deaths.just look at the JFK assassination.thats real free speech alright.thats really living in the land of the free alright.:lol::lol::lol:

yeah this guy has got to be some gay cause ive always thought the same thing,someone who goes making gay remarks has to be gay themselves.He is obviously a racist as well.somehow every football player is a ******,like there are no white players that play the game.:cuckoo: and while i got no problem with someone coming on here calling that gay ram player a fairy or soemthing like that since someone being gay disgusts me,while im not black,its kinda offensive coming on here calling all black players the N word.

So between watching WTC 7 videos and watching overgrown savages play around with an eggball, do you actually have a life?

I find it ironic you "truther" types look down on those who "aren't awake" yet you yourself obsess over establishment bread and circuses like the NFL.

OK I'll be your hero.

So between watching WTC 7 videos and watching overgrown savages play around with an eggball, do you actually have a life?

I find it ironic you "truther" types look down on those who "aren't awake" yet you yourself obsess over establishment bread and circuses like the NFL.

I have a great life. I do my best to make a difference.

And I know two players in the NFL, from their days playing for the Crimson Tide. Both are fine young men. Both take the time to make a difference in their community and in the world. Both bring something positive to the world around them. Unlike you who judges men on the most trivial of their attributes - the color of their skin.

You don't like watching football? That is perfectly fine. But spare us all this sanctimonious bullshit and the holier-than-thou attitude. Just go play with the other racists and hate-mongers. I'm sure they will think you are a hero. I think you are a wannabe with a serious inferiority complex.

Cutting back on penalties will go a long way in the success of the Seahawks in 2014-15.

Seattle led the league by a huge margin in penalties in 2013.

152 penalties in 2013. The next team most penalized team had 123.

1415 yards lost in penalties in 2013 not counting the yards lost in successful plays negated by penalty. The second hardest hit team by yardage was 1138 yards.

If the Seahawks can cut their penalties in half they will be impossible to stop and will almost certainly go undefeated in 2014.

Giocomini signing with another team will go a long way to winning the penalty battle in 2014.

It is astonishing to consider how well the Seahawks could have done and what they could have accomplished in 2013 if they had gotten half the penalties they recieved in 2013.

We as Seahawk fans can only dream...

:lol:

Can The Seahawks Repeat?

I think it has a lot to do with WHY the Hawks beat Denver so convincingly and if it is LIKELY that Denver repeats getting to the Super Bowl.

If the Hawks make it back to the Super Bowl and so does Denver.. a repeat performance is very likely.

Your offense has to pick it up this year in view of having a very tough schedule.

Can The Seahawks Repeat?

Your offense has to pick it up this year in view of having a very tough schedule.

I agree.

Wilson is not a rookie anymore.

He has survived the much warned about dreaded sophmore slump. He improved through his second season.

He has a healthy Percy Harvin in his backfield and on the line at WR.

You all may not have heard about Percy Harvin. He rarely played last season. This year he finally has his injuries behind him. If he only gets used in each game as he was in the Super Bowl he will be a big help on offense.

The Seahawks drafted possibly the fastest player in the NFL in WR Paul Richardson.

The Hawks may not win every game this season but I am sure they will be competitive.

The offense may not have the stats this year of say a Denver.

They will still have one of the best defenses as they have the last couple of seasons so the offense won't be depended upon to score more than 4 TDs a game. On average I can't see even the great teams on our schedule putting up more than 20 points a game.

Special teams will as last season be counted upon for around ten points a game as well. Our FG kicker is very dependable. His range isn't the longest but his accuracy is as good as any in the NFL. If the offense can make it to our opponents 30 we WILL get at least 3 points.

In a strange way I look forward to our opponents getting a TD or two every game just so I can watch Harvin run back Kick Offs. Even when a team like Denver in the SB tries to kick the ball away from Harvin he has the blinding speed to make such an attempt turn into 6 points.

While you are wringing your hands about the Hawks offense you should probably throw in concern for Santa Clara ...The Rams and the Cardinals also.

Every team in the NFC West has a target on their backs. All you ever hear on ESPN is how tough the NFC West is. Bradford, Kaepernick and Palmer had better be better this season also.

All in all this could be a season for the ages as many teams will be stepping up just to have any chance for the playoffs. I've even heard some crazy talk that three out of the 4 NFC West teams might make the playoffs. NOT unheard of. The AFC East has done it.

Can The Seahawks Repeat?

the thing they have going for them is wilson is going to be even better this year than last year at reading defenses and if harvin can stay healthy for the entire year,look out,they can do a lot of damage on offense.its going to be hard for them to contain both harvin and wilson in the backfield at the same time covering them both.

Cutting back on penalties will go a long way in the success of the Seahawks in 2014-15.

Seattle led the league by a huge margin in penalties in 2013.

152 penalties in 2013. The next team most penalized team had 123.

1415 yards lost in penalties in 2013 not counting the yards lost in successful plays negated by penalty. The second hardest hit team by yardage was 1138 yards.

If the Seahawks can cut their penalties in half they will be impossible to stop and will almost certainly go undefeated in 2014.

Giocomini signing with another team will go a long way to winning the penalty battle in 2014.

It is astonishing to consider how well the Seahawks could have done and what they could have accomplished in 2013 if they had gotten half the penalties they recieved in 2013.

We as Seahawk fans can only dream...

yeah getting rid of him will for sure help cut down critical penaltys at the worst time.as i said last year,if they could just cut their penaltys in HALF,they would go undefeated.till they can prove to me they can do that,dont count on them going undefeated.

Can The Seahawks Repeat?

the thing they have going for them is wilson is going to be even better this year than last year at reading defenses and if harvin can stay healthy for the entire year,look out,they can do a lot of damage on offense.its going to be hard for them to contain both harvin and wilson in the backfield at the same time covering them both.

They'll get a chance to prove it.......as they play 6 straight games at one point in their schedule against teams that had 10 or more wins in 2013.

They'll get a chance to prove it.......as they play 6 straight games at one point in their schedule against teams that had 10 or more wins in 2013.

:eek:

Isn't Carroll always saying he is all about the competition?

Last edited:
What's your fucking problem?

Why you jacking Marshawn Lynch around?

One of the main disadvantages of the running style of a Marshawn Lynch is that he takes too many blows to the head.

He was the number 5 running back in the NFL and got a #5 running back contract 2 years ago.

Marshawn has become a very popular player over the last three years up here in Seattle. He gets treated very well. He has been paid very well.

Seattle has some big cap hits coming down the road soon including paying Russell Wilson who has played balls to the walls for 2 years for roughly half a million a year.

We have two excellent RBs waiting in the wings... Robert Turbin and Christian Michael. Michael was last season's first draft pick. He is bigger and faster than Lynch.

Lynch is contracted to receive 5-6 million this and next season.

He is throwing away $30,000 every day of training camp he holds out.

That is going to be an expensive game of chicken for him even if he does come back.

I hope Marshawn Lynch stops this silliness and comes back ready to play.

I would hate to see him get cut.

Lynch has been injured several times with foot and toe sprains and bruises over the last couple of seasons. The Hawks have gone to extraordinary lengths to accomodate Lynch's bizarre behavior...DWI's and those damned Skittles all over the field.

On the other hand I would love to see what Michael can do as the starting RB for the Seattle Seahawks.

still have a tough defense

still have russell wilson

85% chance it can happen

There are at least two ways to look at a possible Seahawk Super Bowl repeat.

#1 One can argue the chances of taking one game at a time starting with the home game against Green Bay forward ...

Or....

#2 Look at the job from the Super Bowl backwards arguing that Denver will repeat in the AFC or Ihdyanapolopois or New Eggland will win out in the AFC.

And #3 A third question mixed in is the two games home and away against Santa Clara.

Starting with the third part of the problem .. Seattle blew Santa Clara out at the Clink in the reg season last year.. Then they came damned close to beating SC at Candlestick.

I don't believe SC will have as good a home field advantage as last season in thier new digs. The noise amplification is even worse at the new stadium and it will take starting a definite trend of winning at home before any team fears going into the new place. They were not THAT unbeatable at home last year.

Seattle has only lost ONE measly game at home when Wilson had his one and only horrible game in two years. Until things change dramatically the Hawks are still unbeatable at home going 15-1 in the reg and 2-0 in the playoffs.

#2 .. Green Bay will have a very disappointing first game in Seattle in the Hawks opener. There will be no Golden Tate to get all worked up about. Seattle"s defense is FAR better than the teams last meeting and Russell Wilson is exponentially better as QB. This game will possibly be a preview of the playoffs where Green Bay could very well roll over most opponents in the regular season and have to go through Seattle. The rankings of season difficulty look forboding but that is because of the NFC West and Denver included in the Hawks normal schedule except for Denver and we all saw how well Denver played against Seattle on a neutral field. The SB rematch will be held in Seattle. The Hawks continue to dominate at home. ... possibly sweep the NFC West. I predict at least 14-2 reg season ...home field. I can't say who the Hawks would lose to this season. Probably nobody. I don't see them an underdog in any game this reg season.

#1.. To make a long story shorter The Hawks are already built to beat the crap out of any team the AFC can hoist up for the AZ game. It's advantage Seattle as even the venue is practically in a Seattle time zone. Denver would have to have improved dynamically to have a chance.. Brady is past his prime and Lucky Luck is not ready to beat Seattle. Indy was EXTREMELY fortunate to win at home against the Hawks last season.

Unless the Seahawks have SEVERAL untimely injuries to many of it's star players it is very likely the Hawks repeat.

Last edited:
Thats actually a good thing that works in favor the seahawks is Lynch holding out and losing money.I hope he holds out till the regular season because the more money he loses,the more motivated he will be to go all out and play even harder to get that paycheck from losing as much money as he does from the holdout.

Forum List

Back