Can a society work without burger flippers?

I

Indofred

A serious question.
All societies have rich, poor and the rest but the poor always want extra.
In my humble opinion, no society can survive if everyone could afford a Rolls Royce as, if that were the case, no bugger would want to clean the toilets or serve burgers in McD's.

My opinion is, minimum wage monkeys are essential for society and they must not be given too high a salary.

Opinion?

The poor(er) and the rich(er) are both needed for a capitalist society.

Of course if we elect to return to a hunter/gatherer economic system than everybody has the same job, eh?

Poverty is relative. Even in the most primitive societies there is rich and poor. Someone is poor only compared to the people with wealth. The poor in this country are beyond belief wealthy to the poor in most of the world.

A serious question.
All societies have rich, poor and the rest but the poor always want extra.
In my humble opinion, no society can survive if everyone could afford a Rolls Royce as, if that were the case, no bugger would want to clean the toilets or serve burgers in McD's.

My opinion is, minimum wage monkeys are essential for society and they must not be given too high a salary.

Opinion?

In my opinion, an employee's compensation should be based upon the employee's skill level, period. If they want more money, they need to take responsibility by educating themselves so they may earn more. The uber rich of today, who didn't inherit their wealth, earned it by starting at the bottom of the ladder and climbing to the top one rung at a time.

There will always be jobs for the unskilled worker lest they, too, become a victim of Big Government and lack ambition then wind up being supported by the hard-working, working class--- those people that take pride in making their own living. The more low-paying jobs, the more people at work. One must move to where the jobs are, if unavailable in their own town.

Forum List

Back