Can a orthodox or catholic be a born again Christian?

The Catholic conception of redemption, being "saved," and forgiveness of sins is DIFFERENT from that of the "Born-Again's."

Catholics are "Confirmed," not "saved." For Catholics, every day is a new day, and salvation is not established until the moment of death. The idea of being "saved" in mid-life is bizarre and ignores human frailties. Our sins are forgiven after confession, under power granted directly by Christ to his Apostles, and to today's priests tracing a direct line back to Peter.

We have a "personal relationship with Jesus" that a "Born Again" cannot even imagine. We re-enact the Last Supper ("Do this in remembrance of me!") every day, with the same experience as those Disciples who ate at that table. We commune with the living representatives of Christ on earth, who are Priests not Ministers. There is a huge difference.

I don't see how a Catholic can be a "Born-Again Christian." There isn't a Born Again in the world who accepts the Pope as the true successor of Peter, with the power to - under very limited and rare circumstances - speak for the Holy Spirit infallibly on matters of faith and morals.

It's almost like asking whether a Jew can be a Christian. It's difficult to imagine.
Sounds like a bunch of Jew speak to me.
You do realize that Jesus is a Jew, right?

Christians are effectively a sect of Judaism.
You effectively have no idea what you are talking about.

Does anyone know the difference between a Catholic and a Baptist?
Catholics pray to intercessors...not always the lord. This is blasphemy.
Ridiculous! Catholics ask those that were what you call saved, to pray for them.... they are not asking the saints to save them or treating them like they are gods....

It is like all the prayers Republicans send out for those mothers and fathers who lost their child in a school shooting.... they "send their prayers", through asking Christians to pray for them.... are you saying THAT is BLASPHEMY?

Or do you believe the saints are DEAD after death and can't pray for anyone... like your fellow Christians would send out prayers for you?

Ridiculous! Catholics ask those that were what you call saved, to pray for them.... they are not asking the saints to save them or treating them like they are gods....

It is like all the prayers Republicans send out for those mothers and fathers who lost their child in a school shooting.... they "send their prayers", through asking Christians to pray for you.... are you saying THAT is BLASPHEMY?

Or do you believe the saints are DEAD after death and can't pray for anyone... like your fellow Christians would send out prayers for you?
They are praying to idols. This is blasphemous. You cannot pray to God and man.

And the Hail Mary, is simply recanting a Bible verse.... is it wrong to recant a Bible verse?

The prayer comes from Elizabeth's meeting with Mary, her cousin, while both Mary and Elizabeth were both pregnant.... Elizabeth farther along in pregnancy than Mary...

She greets Mary.... who is full of grace, and the Lord is with, and tells her cousin she is blessed among women, and the fruit of her womb is also..... etc.

It is like all the prayers Republicans send out for those mothers and fathers who lost their child in a school shooting.... they "send their prayers", through asking Christians to pray for you.... are you saying THAT is BLASPHEMY?

Sorry, you got it all wrong.... they are asking saints, like Mary, to PRAY to God FOR THEM.... as you would ask a fellow Christian to pray for you....

Are you actually saying that when you ask fellow Christians to pray to God for you, that this is blasphemous?

Sorry, you got it all wrong.... they are asking saints, like Mary, to PRAY to God FOR THEM.... as you would ask a fellow Christian to pray for you....

Are you actually saying that when you ask fellow Christians to pray to God for you, that this is blasphemous?
pffft...whatever...lol...
They are speaking to demons unless they are speaking to the LORD. Foul demon magic.

As many claim trump to be " born again" ANYONE can claim the title.

trump is an embarrassment to Humanity much less Christianity...

The Catholic conception of redemption, being "saved," and forgiveness of sins is DIFFERENT from that of the "Born-Again's."

Catholics are "Confirmed," not "saved." For Catholics, every day is a new day, and salvation is not established until the moment of death. The idea of being "saved" in mid-life is bizarre and ignores human frailties. Our sins are forgiven after confession, under power granted directly by Christ to his Apostles, and to today's priests tracing a direct line back to Peter.

We have a "personal relationship with Jesus" that a "Born Again" cannot even imagine. We re-enact the Last Supper ("Do this in remembrance of me!") every day, with the same experience as those Disciples who ate at that table. We commune with the living representatives of Christ on earth, who are Priests not Ministers. There is a huge difference.

I don't see how a Catholic can be a "Born-Again Christian." There isn't a Born Again in the world who accepts the Pope as the true successor of Peter, with the power to - under very limited and rare circumstances - speak for the Holy Spirit infallibly on matters of faith and morals.

It's almost like asking whether a Jew can be a Christian. It's difficult to imagine.

How so?

How is this any different than Buddhism and Hinduism?

Buddhism is effectively a sect of Hinduism.

No idols. Just God.

It is like all the prayers Republicans send out for those mothers and fathers who lost their child in a school shooting.... they "send their prayers", through asking Christians to pray for them.... are you saying THAT is BLASPHEMY?

He can’t comprehend what you are saying because he is blinded by his biases.

As many claim trump to be " born again" ANYONE can claim the title.

trump is an embarrassment to Humanity much less Christianity...
True. But many others are too.

I don’t believe God is very big on lip service.

How so?

Those people are going to hell.
Buddhism is not a sect of Hinduism.

Buddhists are atheists...Hindus are Henotheistic.

Buddha was born a Hindu. However, Hinduism and Buddhism, as Christianity and Judaism DRASTICALLY diverge on many core concepts.

How so?

Buddha was born a Hindu. However, Hinduism and Buddhism, as Christianity and Judaism DRASTICALLY diverge on many core concepts.
Who made you God?

I’d be very careful about judging people if I were you. You will be judged as you judge others.

How so?

Who made you God?

I’d be very careful about judging people if I were you. You will be judged as you judge others.
I am not God...never said I was. Just sharing his word.

How so?

He was a reformer of Hinduism as Jesus was a reformer of Judaism.

How so?

Who made you God?

When you said they were going to hell that was literally you speaking for God.

How so?

Who made you God?

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t need your help.

How so?

He was a reformer of Hinduism as Jesus was a reformer of Judaism.
No...he was not a reformer of Hinduism. He was a single man on his search to end his suffering. He wanted to end the cycle of samsara. He was interested in any capacity in 'reforming' Hinduism.
Buddhism is simply his way, his truths as he found them. Buddha was a teacher, and a truth seeker.

Forum List

Back