California’s Sierra Nevada Sets All-Time December Snow Record

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

California’s Sierra Nevada Sets All-Time December Snow Record​

Despite claims of drought, they have smashed the previous record of 179″ of snow in December set in 1970!

This is the announcement from the Sierra Snow Lab on January 1st:
One last inch fell over the last 24 hours (prior to 4pm yesterday). The record for our snowiest December on record at the lab is now 214″ (544 cm).

All links highlighted

214 that's an awful lot of drought Snow

That drought Melt off should be drought wet

Despite claims of drought, they have smashed the previous record of 179″ of snow in December set in 1970!

All links highlighted

RACIST!

All links highlighted

Cali is still in a drought situation. It would take two good seasons, like this, to aleviate the water situation.

Hopefully it continues.

Cali is still in a drought situation. It would take two good seasons, like this, to aleviate the water situation.

Hopefully it continues.
I always like me some "Mah western water" threads.....I guess it never occurs to people not to build mega cities in the fuckin' desert.....Yet they do.....Monuments to the arrogance of man.

Then when it gets as dry as a popcorn fart they look for something to blame it on (Mah climate change) which usually entails hitting the rest of us in the wallet for faux remedies.

Oh but it does not stop there.....At the same time they turn on neighboring states and try to steal water from each other through the courts.

Meanwhile back in the east we have water we never use, hell, I have a whole river (Shenandoah) that passes by my place and I don't use much of it at all. Maybe a bucket or two to put out a camp fire after a night of catfishing or something like that.

Now you would think that would keep the "water weenies" here happy but not so fast, you have another set of them in the east like the Save The Chesapeake Bay bunch who bitch no end about either too much water or not enough water going into the Bay.....Lord help you if they find a bit of fertilizer in it but I've also heard them bitch because the water was too clean so who the fuck knows. I'm sure that there's a bias "study" to support their positions, whatever they happen to be at any particular time.

All links highlighted

No worries. They will still release most of it into the ocean to save an obscure minnow, save just enough for the almond farmers to have what they need, and blame global warming for its its citizens having to buy bottles of Evian to bathe in.

Why aren't Al Gore and his devotee Greta Thunberg out in the Sierra Nevada explaining themselves and actually taking responsibility?

Makes me wonder if all of this new dependence on electric vehicles, carbon credits and paris accords being signed isn't causing this adverse high-snow situation?

If our coastal cities were to theoretically all freeze over and be paralyzed by permanent blizzards, that would be catastrophic IMHO.

If our coastal cities were to theoretically all freeze over and be paralyzed by permanent blizzards, that would be catastrophic IMHO

Not living in a coastal city myself ... I am fairly unconcerned with what they do.

On the other hand, I would miss San Diego Comic Con.

If incidents of unseasonably hot weather are proof of global warming ... then incidents of unseasonably cold weather is proof against it.

You can't have it both ways.

Yes they can. That's why they renamed it Man Made CLIMATE change. These religious fanatics can claim any WEATHER event is due to Man's use of Fossil Fuels which they are trying to ban. Interestingly enough the WORLD RUNS ON FOSSIL FUELS so good luck with that. We have centuries of fossil fuels available and finding more every day. It is essentially a RENEWABLE.

Yes they can. That's why they renamed it Man Made CLIMATE change. These religious fanatics can claim any WEATHER event is due to Man's use of Fossil Fuels which they are trying to ban. Interestingly enough the WORLD RUNS ON FOSSIL FUELS so good luck with that. We have centuries of fossil fuels available and finding more every day. It is essentially a RENEWABLE.

I am a firm believer in renewable fuels ...

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

If incidents of unseasonably hot weather are proof of global warming ... then incidents of unseasonably cold weather is proof against it.

You can't have it both ways.
Right. We'll call that a wash. Now deniers just have to reconcile being at odds with the most educated people on the planet from a position of comparative ignorance.

Right. We'll call that a wash. Now deniers just have to reconcile being at odds with the most educated people on the planet from a position of comparative ignorance.

There are plenty of ignorami on both sides of the question. They seem to be the ones doing most of the talking.

Climate change was fixed by Gore and 44. If they had not fixed it do you think they would have bought mansions on the coasts?

Climate change was fixed by Gore and 44. If they had not fixed it do you think they would have bought mansions on the coasts?

Why would Public Service Tycoon B. Hussein O. have bought a mansion on Martha's Freaking Vineyard if the coasts were in danger of being obliterated by Gorebal Warming or anything else?

Have you seen the prints on these mansions ... they'll not last long enough for the sea to get them ...even the Bible speaks to building on sand ...

As a scientist myself all I can do is point out that appeals to authority are logic fails. Especially when those authorities benefit from their proclamations.

Which EVERY one of them does.

As a scientist myself all I can do is point out that appeals to authority are logic fails. Especially when those authorities benefit from their proclamations.

Which EVERY one of them does.
An appeal to authority is not always illogical, and in this case it's very logical. If you're a scientist you should know that you're not really qualified to disagree with another scientist in a field that you're not active in. It's not your job. You couldn't possibly know as much as they do, or have the kind of context that they have. You're ignorant compared to them, scientist or not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back