California lets another murder off with a slap.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A career criminal punches a 70 year old cop in the face, and he falls down and hits his head and dies. Filthy scum gets 10 years. No telling how much time he will actually serve. California needs to be isolated from the world.

Man who killed sheriff’s deputy with one punch gets 10-year prison sentence

A “career criminal” convicted of fatally punching a 70-year-old off-duty sheriff's deputy in San Bernardino County, Calif., has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to court records.

Defendant Alonzo Leron Smith, 31, pleaded no contest in December to voluntary manslaughter, three counts of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury, and one count of threatening a crime – all of which are felonies, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records.

On the morning of New Year’s Eve 2017, Smith got into a minor fender bender with Deputy Larry Falce after Smith had rear-ended the deputy’s car. The deputy's vehicle had stopped short because Falce was trying to avoid two dogs on the road.

Man who killed sheriff’s deputy with one punch gets 10-year prison sentence

Falce's sister requesting that he remain in a nearby prison was an extremely kind act.

• Banned
Falce's sister requesting that he remain in a nearby prison was an extremely kind act.
Stupid is as stupid does. She sounds like a typical criminal lover. I hope he gets killed inside.

Way to go peoples’ republic of Cal! Being tough like this on ‘career criminals’ really sends a message the bad guys get for sure. They know if he somehow ended up serving the entire ten-year stretch he’d be an old 41-year-old career criminal and murderer on the streets free as a bird.

I am guessing that the sentence was so short because of how long the victim had already lived?

God bless you and their family always!!!

Holly

• Banned
I am guessing that the sentence was so short because of how long the victim had already lived?

Holly
Should not make any difference.

Holly
Probably because the punch was never intended to be lethal. The guy fell and hit his head. What the victim does for a living is irrelevant in a society that favors, and promotes equality. Not sure why they even bothered to mention he was a cop. Even after openly stating he was off duty. As far as the perpetrator knew, he was just some guy.

Holly
Probably because the punch was never intended to be lethal. The guy fell and hit his head. What the victim does for a living is irrelevant in a society that favors, and promotes equality. Not sure why they even bothered to mention he was a cop. Even after openly stating he was off duty. As far as the perpetrator knew, he was just some guy.
He should have been put to death. I didn't mean to kill him is no defense, unless you are in Cali. We would have less crime if criminals were punished severely. Unlike today.

Holly
He should have been put to death. I didn't mean to kill him is no defense, unless you are in Cali. We would have less crime if criminals were punished severely. Unlike today.
Intent, is a prerequisite for murder charges. That’s why the charge of manslaughter was applied.
“I didn’t mean to kill him is no defense?” Do you really mean that? Are you prepared to execute countless police officers who have had suspects die in their custody, even though they claim, “ I didn’t mean to kill them!”?
There is only one principled answer. Anything less is is a forfeiture of the founding principles of this nation wherein all men are created equal, and treated equally before the law...

Holly
Intent, is a prerequisite for murder charges. That’s why the charge of manslaughter was applied.
“I didn’t mean to kill him is no defense?” Do you really mean that? Are you prepared to execute countless police officers who have had suspects die in their custody, even though they claim, “ I didn’t mean to kill them!”?
There is only one principled answer. Anything less is is a forfeiture of the founding principles of this nation wherein all men are created equal, and treated equally before the law...
I don't think anyone has ever been able to prove intent, beyond a reasonable doubt, but I believe in an eye for an eye. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Holly
I don't think anyone has ever been able to prove intent, beyond a reasonable doubt, but I believe in an eye for an eye. We will just have to agree to disagree.
I can agree with an eye for an eye. As long as it’s applied across the board. No exceptions.

Holly

Sorry. Punching a 70 year old man is inexcusable. Even if the cop lived, I would say fry him.

Holly

Sorry. Punching a 70 year old man is inexcusable. Even if the cop lived, I would say fry him.
Equality... Americans aren’t really as fond of it as they used to claim to be...

Holly

Equality... Americans aren’t really as fond of it as they used to claim to be...

I really don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but obviously 70 years are fragile and can be killed by a forceful punch. In this case that came to fruition. Nothing more cowardly than an attack on the elderly

I really don’t know what that’s supposed to mean, but obviously 70 years are fragile and can be killed by a forceful punch. In this case that came to fruition. Nothing more cowardly than an attack on the elderly
I agree. It is cowardly, if the attack was unprovoked. And it seems that it indeed was...
But any much larger, stronger person could easily achieve the same end result; if they did the same to someone much smaller, and weaker. I don’t see where the victims age makes him more, or less dead.

Forum List

Back