California Governor Gavin Newsom wins recall election in a landslide!

Your state lost a congressional seat....tell me how that happens, Bodie? :auiqs.jpg:
Do you understand the con-cept of ratio, hun? California doesn't have to lose population....BUT if other states increase, the shift can cause them to lose a rep due to the 435 cap.

and a whopping 182,000....the pandemic can account for that alone.

Why would you falsely accuse other posters of trolling unless it is trolling you are doing yourself? You announce that you left California......Ok....so what? Unless you are trolling.

If a mod tells a poster they are trolling then I would perceive that as a threat the mod will taken action against.

COVID, both in deaths and fewer people moving in from abroad due to the virus.

As for people who move out, guess they'll color other states a deeper shade of blue.
If you think that's the reason run with it.
A lot of people have moved to Idaho and Texas, not making them any bluer, Happy. They just had enough of the taxes with the ones I talk to up here.

Why would you falsely accuse other posters of trolling unless it is trolling you are doing yourself? You announce that you left California......Ok....so what? Unless you are trolling....in red.....
If you look at the first sentence, Bodie, I was on topic answering a question. Are you this stupid?
You one line everything and it does not have anything to do with the topic.

If you think that's the reason run with it.

Bodecea posted a link that demonstrates exactly that.
A lot of people have moved to Idaho and Texas, not making them any bluer, Happy. They just had enough of the taxes with the ones I talk to up here.

Texas is turning more purple. Arizona and Georgia elected Biden and their state offices are becoming more and more competitive. Especially Arizona. Colorado and Nevada have both become reliably blue.

Bodecea posted a link that demonstrates exactly that.

Texas is turning more purple. Arizona and Georgia elected Biden and their state offices are becoming more and more competitive. Especially Arizona. Colorado and Nevada have both become reliably blue.
If Texas is turning purple, I don't believe it's from the Californians

If Texas is turning purple, I don't believe it's from the Californians
I don't think California is the only reason Texas is turning blue however there is good reason to believe that is partly the cause.

It is the 7th year in a row that the state has seen a 500,000 plus inflow of residents. Most of the Texas movers are from California and Florida. The U.S. Census Bureau data says that more than 687,000 Californians have moved to Texas over the last decade.

So it did shrink, first time since at least 1900? I'll stand by my prior post, thanks.

Last year, California’s population decreased for the first time in recorded history and it lost a congressional seat. The state is starting to develop a two-tiered society, with higher-income, educated tech workers clustering in the major coastal cities while lower-income, less-educated workers are relegated to the interior of the state or forced out altogether. Now, a new study finds that business headquarters are also leaving the state at a record pace.

Fr
om 2000 to 2020, California experienced a net loss of 2.6 million people to other U.S. states.
ts total population was propped up by natural population increases and strong foreign immigration, but in 2020 foreign immigration decreased and the state’s birth rate continued its steady decline. As a result, California’s total population fell by 182,000 people.

More worrying for California than the actual number is the trend. There were more relocations in the first half of 2021—74—than in all of 2018 or 2020, and the monthly average in 2021 so far—12—is double the overall average of six. So, while reported relocations slowed down during the pandemic, they are accelerating as the economy reopens. It’s unclear whether this is the new normal, but it’s not a good sign for California.

Last edited:
Or perhaps she thinks its absurd that in places like Texas, a 12 year old girl can't forced to wear a mask....but can be forced to have a baby.
Hahah nice try. Abortion is not banned in Texas. Try forming and posting a thought that’s not 100% emotion. You won’t sound so dumb.

Really? A blue-state governor with a huge Democrat-registered majority somehow won his recall election? Not a lot of news in that. Nor is the breakdown — the rural counties voted against him; the big blue coastal cities voted for him.

Democrats outnumber Republicans in voter registrations 40-25, and Democrats who've been elected have made the state a shambles for decades. In other words, it's not just from Newsom that the state is a mess, and there's no sense of a huge sudden crisis, which probably worked to Newsom's advantage. Rolling blackouts, high energy prices, wildfires, unchecked crime, and homelessness have all become a way of life in California. Republican voter registrations have declined because a lot of Republicans have fled. So not that big a surprise that Newsom won. Democrats shouldn't count on this as a national model.

You are 100% wrong. The fact is that when you look at the exit polls you see huge problems for Republicans. They lost among moderates by a 65-35 margin. They lost the women's vote and the suburban vote by similar margins. Those are the same weaknesses that cost Trump in 2020.

Forum List

Back