California Crime Wave

They have to do something about prison overcrowding, and most people are strongly opposed to
The only thing the the Democrats won't spend tax dollars on - building more prisons.

Letting felons lose from prison just because someone claims they can't be kept prisoner is one of the dumbest positions in the history of mankind.

It depends on whether they are a violent felon or not. You make it sound like ANY felon should NEVER be released. Would you keep EVERY felon in jail for the rest of their lives?
Violent crime is skyrocketing now that felons are being released before their sentence is finished.
Only a moron couldn't connect the dots.

I would argue violent crime is flat like your brain.
Let me break into your home, tie up your family, threaten to rape your 5 year old if you don't stop crying. Then steal what I want.

Nonviolent felon, I never used a weapon nor touched any of you.

They have to do something about prison overcrowding, and most people are strongly opposed to
The only thing the the Democrats won't spend tax dollars on - building more prisons.

Letting felons lose from prison just because someone claims they can't be kept prisoner is one of the dumbest positions in the history of mankind.

It depends on whether they are a violent felon or not. You make it sound like ANY felon should NEVER be released. Would you keep EVERY felon in jail for the rest of their lives?
Make better use of the death penalty.

Does that mean execution for crimes other than murder. Also, do you mean that every convicted murderer should be put to death even if their were extenuating circumstances or a doubt of guilt in many people's minds?
All felons should be put to death.
All felons should be released from prison.

The rise in California's crime rate has its roots in releasing violent offenders who just happen to have been arrested for a non violent crime. A habitual violent offender should never be released or put to death to free up room.

I would say most felons are non-violent, pretty sure. There are hundreds or thousands of felony criminal violations that are non-violent in nature.

If someone hasn't committed murder, why on earth would you put them to death?

Violent crime is skyrocketing now that felons are being released before their sentence is finished.

Let me break into your home, tie up your family, threaten to rape your 5 year old if you don't stop crying. Then steal what I want.

No dimwit, a violent offender is classified also by intent. Just because someone got caught doing something that most of do but never got arrested for doesn't make him or her violent. You want to turn a mole hill into a mountain.

No dimwit, a violent offender is classified also by intent. Just because someone got caught doing something that most of do but never got arrested for doesn't make him or her violent. You want to turn a mole hill into a mountain.
Now you just make up stuff.

Leopoldo Arellano, 39, was in and out of custody at least 18 times from 2012 to 2014 for violating parole, criminal threats and at least four incidents of domestic battery, according to Los Angeles County jail logs.

San Diego County let parolee Demetrius Roberts go early 12 times; mostly for removing or tampering with his GPS tracker, which he was required to wear as a convicted sex offender.

In Stockton last year, a furor erupted over the repeated releases of Sidney DeAvila, another convicted sex offender. He had been brought to the San Joaquin County jail 11 times in 2012 and 2013 for disarming his GPS tracker, drug use and other parole violations.

He was freed nearly every time within 24 hours, even when he was brought to the jail by the state's Fugitive Apprehension Team.

Days after being let out early in February 2013, DeAvila went to his grandmother's house, raped and killed the 76-year-old woman, then chopped her body into pieces. He was found later that day with the woman's jewelry around his neck.

Early jail releases have surged since California's prison realignment

Now you just make up stuff.

Leopoldo Arellano, 39, was in and out of custody at least 18 times from 2012 to 2014 for violating parole, criminal threats and at least four incidents of domestic battery, according to Los Angeles County jail logs.

San Diego County let parolee Demetrius Roberts go early 12 times; mostly for removing or tampering with his GPS tracker, which he was required to wear as a convicted sex offender.

In Stockton last year, a furor erupted over the repeated releases of Sidney DeAvila, another convicted sex offender. He had been brought to the San Joaquin County jail 11 times in 2012 and 2013 for disarming his GPS tracker, drug use and other parole violations.

He was freed nearly every time within 24 hours, even when he was brought to the jail by the state's Fugitive Apprehension Team.

Days after being let out early in February 2013, DeAvila went to his grandmother's house, raped and killed the 76-year-old woman, then chopped her body into pieces. He was found later that day with the woman's jewelry around his neck.

Early jail releases have surged since California's prison realignment

First, you are vague about what you believe I fabricated. It is not like nursery school, where there is only one idea there. Secondly, what's your point?

The error in thinking is that only low level offenders commit low level offenses. The poor sack caught with a lid is just a sack. In reality, its a killer, rapist, armed robber, who just happened to be caught with a lid, this time.
a lid?.....
Move on up out of the 40s.

What does LID mean? - LID Definition - Meaning of LID - InternetSlang.com
take your own advice dumbass....i havent heard it called a lid since the early 70's.....hence the ?.....one would have thought someone like you who knows about these people would have known that...

There is a fine line behind all of this.
On one hand you cant just let drug (harder drugs) use go unattended, something has to be done to try and reduce the usage in younger populations. Like smoking, its legal, but we know its seriously hazardous for you. We don't criminalize it, we educate at an early age, and after 30 years of education on the hazards of smoking, we are seeing a large decrease in the number of teens and young adults picking up the habit.
I think that drugs can be dealt with in the same way, and I my guess is that we can expect an equal amount of time before the education begins reducing the number of new drug users.
Most of those that are addicted to drugs like opiates never intended to get that way. They are basically good people that made a bad choice. Some might even be addicted due to legally prescribed medications for something as simple and over diagnosed as ADHD.
I think that a first time offense for use should be an offer for treatment. You might be surprised how many would take it with the intent of quitting.
Those caught dealing should continue to be dealt with in a harsh manner, thats a totally different story.
Making it legal is not the answer, however help vs incarceration could be in most cases.

The error in thinking is that only low level offenders commit low level offenses. The poor sack caught with a lid is just a sack. In reality, its a killer, rapist, armed robber, who just happened to be caught with a lid, this time.
a lid?.....

take your own advice dumbass....i havent heard it called a lid since the early 70's.....hence the ?.....one would have thought someone like you who knows about these people would have known that...
Put a bullet in their brains and we don't have to worry about what it's called.

a lid?.....

Can YOU afford the price of a bullet?

a lid?.....

Can YOU afford the price of a bullet?
Bill the family for the bullet. China did it for years.

Vegas is having a crime wave, too. Must be a result of all those good-paying steady jobs Obie has created. (proceed on the strip, too, at your own risk!)................
And, arm yourself accordingly.

a lid?.....

well thanks for at least proving,as many have said to you in pot threads,you dont know shit about pot or those who smoke it...

a lid?.....

well thanks for at least proving,as many have said to you in pot threads,you dont know shit about pot or those who smoke it...
You misunderstand. I know. I see it all the time. I just don't give a rat's diarrhea about what anyone says. You might imagine that I am just not paying attention to pro pot positions. I don't care. Druggies should be executed. We don't need a trial just a tox screen.

"Is there any study linking the two."

The answer is no. Its just another Appeal to Emotion thread by a conservative. What a surprise.

Druggies should be executed
so should Lawyers.....
Not a bad idea. I haven't been a lawyer since 1999. Start with the lawyers in government. Many of them are addicts anyway.
that includes the retired ones too....im sure you have fucked up many peoples lives during your career,cant let you get away with that....you people are just as slimy as a heroin addict,maybe even worse.....

"Is there any study linking the two."

The answer is no. Its just another Appeal to Emotion thread by a conservative. What a surprise.
Study linking the two what? There has been an increase in crime since the state has been releasing felons. Do you need a study to show cause and effect?

Forum List

Back