California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If it's in LA i'm dinning in there this week and leaving a big tip

Good, that will probably scare everybody else out. :auiqs.jpg:
huh? you think LA people are as bigot as you are? THIS is a mixed and super ultra diverse city....we celebrate Hannukah, Christmas and ramadan all together....ya ***** who never lived in diversity are afraid of people and things that you don't know....keep listening to fauxnews.

51248290_2093615460676139_3377732134646054912_n.jpg
So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The maga guys have the choice to wear the hat or not. Being Gay is not a matter of choice you fucking clown.
We have been down this road before, so, you remember, he didnt refuse to do business with gay people, he refused to bake a cake specifically for a gay wedding, exercising his freedom to practice religion, because he felt baking a cake for that ceremony would be akin to hin being involved in that ceremony.

Having said that, I think this San Mateo guy is within his right to operate his business the way he sees fit, and I think repubs shouldn't be fighting this.

This is exactly what repubs were talking about during the bakery incident and I think fighting this one is missing an opportunity. Let the dems set the precedent on this by allowing this guy to refuse business to maga hat wearers, that way, down the line, they have no argument when it happens again.

And in a sane world, that would work.

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.

In florida there was a dentist who put up a sign saying he would NOT serve Obama supporters (or was it liberals?)

in texas a gun store put up a sign refusing service to liberals/dems

both of which conservatives supported.....

so.....your point?

So in order for you NOT TO BE A HYPOCRITE, I guess you believe the bakers had every right to refuse to bake that cake! Right?
The maga guys have the choice to wear the hat or not. Being Gay is not a matter of choice you fucking clown.

But going to a baker that understands your situation is a choice. They only went to the Christian baker because they knew it could be trouble.
They targeted the Christian Baker. It's about submission.
Are you talking about the Christian Baker who targeted gays?

He didn't, but whatever helps you sleep at night...

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
Probably a shitty place to eat

You probably couldn't afford it anyway.

This is America asswipe! We believe in free speech!
Well...yes we do...but that doesn't mean we are free of consequences.

Of course, he could have said nothing but spit (or worse) in your food.

You mean like the bakers might have done?
You mean like the bakers might have done?

Not like that at all.

Restaurants are free to set any dress code they wish.

Several things here.

First, in deep blue California, this is a PR ploy, getting in the news, at least creating a twitter storm.

Second, "they started it" is not a good justification. In fact, it isn't one at all.

Third, the question the owner has to answer is, "Are there reasonable grounds for denying service?" Such as a reasonable assessment of an elevated likelihood of strife - don't serve drunks - for instance. I, for one, cannot find any reasonable ground, which leads me back to #1. It's a PR ploy, and more so, since no customer with such a hat has ever shown up.

And no, MAGA is not an equivalent of a swastica or a KKK hood. Unpleasant and dumb as it is, it doesn't even fall into the same category. Let's keep things in perspective, no?

The dress code is whatever the owner wants it to be. They are certainly within their rights to create the environment and experience their patrons expect. Whether it's requiring a jacket after 5pm or banning flip flops.

My position on this has been clear and correct all the way around.

This America hater is not
required to give service to MAGA hat wearers.

Bakeries are not required to bake a faggot cake.

It's callwd freedom.

Most of you hate other people's freedom, and so I hate the fuck out of you!!!

Your position is confused and without merit.

A dress code has nothing to do with denying service based on race, gender, religion or sexual preference. That is codified.
In fact, the MAGA hat wearer is welcome once the hat is removed.

A dress code has nothing to do with denying service based on race, gender, religion or sexual preference. That is codified.
Didn't the chef equate the MAGA hat to a Klan hood?

So, you are actually lying to yourself and you actually believe that a person wearing a klan hood would simply be in violation of the restaurant's dress code, but once removed, the racist motherfucker will be welcome at that restaurant like any other patron?

Didn't the chef equate the MAGA hat to a Klan hood?

So, you are actually lying to yourself and you actually believe that a person wearing a klan hood would simply be in violation of the restaurant's dress code, but once removed, the racist motherfucker will be welcome at that restaurant like any other patron?

No, you're lying to yourself by believing you know something you don't. The story speaks to a hat and not the wearer.

I don't wear a MAGA hat out in public because democrats are insane, violent, and full of hate.

fuk you.

my daughter has a license plate indicating her liberal views and cons give her the finger all the time

Your bull shit personal experience loses to actual facts such as the story in the OP. Try lying some more.

Olde Europe said:
Several things here.

First, in deep blue California, this is a PR ploy, getting in the news, at least creating a twitter storm.

Second, "they started it" is not a good justification. In fact, it isn't one at all.

Third, the question the owner has to answer is, "Are there reasonable grounds for denying service?" Such as a reasonable assessment of an elevated likelihood of strife - don't serve drunks - for instance. I, for one, cannot find any reasonable ground, which leads me back to #1. It's a PR ploy, and more so, since no customer with such a hat has ever shown up.

And no, MAGA is not an equivalent of a swastica or a KKK hood. Unpleasant and dumb as it is, it doesn't even fall into the same category. Let's keep things in perspective, no?

The dress code is whatever the owner wants it to be. They are certainly within their rights to create the environment and experience their patrons expect. Whether it's requiring a jacket after 5pm or banning flip flops.

I am not familiar with the law regulating public accommodations, and thus I rendered no judgment as to the legality the chef's now-reversed decision. Assuming you are right, I still see no reasonable justification for the MAGA ban, and the chef's dislike for those who wear the hat in public based on throwing the hat into the same category as the swastika or the KKK hood, doesn't make things better, or more reasonable, in my assessment.

I am not familiar with the law regulating public accommodations, and thus I rendered no judgment as to the legality the chef's now-reversed decision. Assuming you are right, I still see no reasonable justification for the MAGA ban, and the chef's dislike for those who wear the hat in public based on throwing the hat into the same category as the swastika or the KKK hood, doesn't make things better, or more reasonable, in my assessment.

The question is whether being unreasonable (in the eyes of the state) is allowed.

Forum List

Back