bwhahah 67 year old beats the **** out of young punk

Military guys arent trained in boxing and they fight just like any other normal person in the world.
You are so right, I forgot about all the noncombatants in the Air Force. Or were you support functions and only got a tiny bit of HTH in basic? You're right though it's not boxing, it's Hand to Hand and how to survive when the enemy gets that close. By killing them first.

Military guys arent trained in boxing and they fight just like any other normal person in the world.
You are so right, I forgot about all the noncombatants in the Air Force. Or were you support functions and only got a tiny bit of HTH in basic? You're right though it's not boxing, it's Hand to Hand and how to survive when the enemy gets that close. By killing them first.

You get better and more in depth hand to hand combat training at the YMCA than you do in the military. They dont waste a bunch of time practicing for scenarios that will never happen. When you are in a gun battle, it NEVER endss in a fist fight. Dude, youve watched way too many movies and youve obviously never been in the military. Not even special forces personell get in depth hand to hand combat training. It would be a waste of money, and it would be a waste of time that could be spent training with actual weapons of war.

You get better and more in depth hand to hand combat training at the YMCA than you do in the military. They dont waste a bunch of time practicing for scenarios that will never happen. When you are in a gun battle, it NEVER endss in a fist fight. Dude, youve watched way too many movies and youve obviously never been in the military. Not even special forces personell get in depth hand to hand combat training. It would be a waste of money, and it would be a waste of time that could be spent training with actual weapons of war.

I question whether or not you have ever been in the military.

Army Shifts Focus of Basic Training - CBS News

Facing terrorist strikes and cyber warfare, the Army is shedding training that has little use on today's battlefields - such as using old-fashioned bayonets that don't fit modern automatic rifles - and going back to the basics, the three-star general in charge of the new program said Wednesday.

"A great many of our soldiers who come to basic training have never been in a fist fight - and we have to help them learn a spirit of aggression, something they can learn that will take them into combat," said Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, who is heading the program overhaul.

Hertling said the Army will use more types of hand-to-hand combat training, stress rifle marksmanship and move away from its current use of emphasizing certain wrestling techniques. He predicted the revamped physical training and improved diet will help transform video couch potatoes into fighters who can adapt to today's complex urban and anti-terrorist warfare.

The Military Institutes Hand to Hand Combat Training - free article courtesy of ArticleCity.com

Since hand to hand combat instruction became an institutionalized part of the basic training regimen, learning hand to hand combat principles and techniques has remained an elementary part of basic training regimens the world over. Indeed, even in the early 21st century, hand to hand combat training programs are well ingrained and major components of basic training regimens across the globe.

Facing terrorist strikes and cyber warfare, the Army is shedding training that has little use on today's battlefields - such as using old-fashioned bayonets that don't fit modern automatic rifles - and going back to the basics, the three-star general in charge of the new program said Wednesday.

"A great many of our soldiers who come to basic training have never been in a fist fight - and we have to help them learn a spirit of aggression, something they can learn that will take them into combat," said Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, who is heading the program overhaul.

Hertling said the Army will use more types of hand-to-hand combat training, stress rifle marksmanship and move away from its current use of emphasizing certain wrestling techniques. He predicted the revamped physical training and improved diet will help transform video couch potatoes into fighters who can adapt to today's complex urban and anti-terrorist warfare.

The Military Institutes Hand to Hand Combat Training - free article courtesy of ArticleCity.com

Since hand to hand combat instruction became an institutionalized part of the basic training regimen, learning hand to hand combat principles and techniques has remained an elementary part of basic training regimens the world over. Indeed, even in the early 21st century, hand to hand combat training programs are well ingrained and major components of basic training regimens across the globe.

Have you done this training? I have, and i know its a joke. I have been training in martial arts all my life and i also train in MMA as well. Im a black belt in Taekwondo and a purple belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. We get plenty of people that come into my MMA school that are ex military, and im telling you, they know nothing more than anyone walking down the street knows. I dont think you people really understand the amount of time and effort involved in becoming an actual fighter. A few lessons in the military will not cut it. It takes YEARS to learn how to properly throw a punch.

Last edited:
I felt bad for the old man. It reminded me of the days when I was a kid having to ride the public transit system to school with all the animals. Those kinds of situations suck really bad and I understand why the old dude went off the deep end at the end. You watch a decent city turn into a zoo seemingly overnight. You try to show these beasts that you are too crazy to fuck with.

The idiocy and downright brutality I have witnessed will never allow me to believe that modern day inner city blacks are victims of white people. They are victims of their own stupidity and laziness. They have become cancers on society and need dealt with.

I remember one pregnant 9th grade black girl running down the hallway and a security guard, (they were all black), told her to stop running and be careful. She said, "I hope I drop this motha fucka right here", and opened her legs as if hoping the baby would drop out.

Have you done this training? I have, and i know its a joke. I have been training in martial arts all my life and i also train in MMA as well. Im a black belt in Taekwondo and a purple belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. We get plenty of people that come into my MMA school that are ex military, and im telling you, they know nothing more than anyone walking down the street knows. I dont think you people really understand the amount of time and effort involved in becoming an actual fighter. A few lessons in the military will not cut it. It takes YEARS to learn how to properly throw a punch.

What? Are the classes two minutes long and one day a week?

I felt bad for the old man. It reminded me of the days when I was a kid having to ride the public transit system to school with all the animals. Those kinds of situations suck really bad and I understand why the old dude went off the deep end at the end. You watch a decent city turn into a zoo seemingly overnight. You try to show these beasts that you are too crazy to fuck with.

The idiocy and downright brutality I have witnessed will never allow me to believe that modern day inner city blacks are victims of white people. They are victims of their own stupidity and laziness. They have become cancers on society and need dealt with.

I remember one pregnant 9th grade black girl running down the hallway and a security guard, (they were all black), told her to stop running and be careful. She said, "I hope I drop this motha fucka right here", and opened her legs as if hoping the baby would drop out.

I feel bad for the old guy as well. He removed himself from the situation and this animal continued to try to show off for the two girls, along with trying to be stopped by the older black lady, still wanted to fight. The inner city has become a war zone due to animals like this

You know.........saw the same thing happen on World's Dumbest Criminals a few times.

Best one? Some dipshit black dude tried to pick the pocket of an older man in front of him at the quickie mart.

Trouble is, the brother didn't realize that the dude he was picking the pocket on was a Marine Recon who'd retired.

Guy didn't stop beating the young punks ass until he ran out the door. Was a good 3-5 minutes of ass kicking.

The martial arts moves were fun to watch!

This is what is occurring in downtown Philly these days.

Police take a ‘hard line’ after teen rampage in Center City | Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/17/2010

This is the third time this has happened over the past six months. Through a on line service called "Our Space" a black My Space, groups of the young Silver backs gather at one location at one time. After everyone is there they attempt to ravage stores in the area, and assault pedestrians, they usually end up turning on themselves thank god, but people are fearing for their lives

They have no future, they will either be on welfare, in jail , or dead. I'm hoping for dead so I dont have to carry the load off supporting these thugs

You dont train to fight, so ill cut you some slack. I dont think you understand the angling, stance, foot movement and hip movement involved with boxing. What you see the boxer on tv doing LOOKS simple enough, but unless you train you dont really understand the nuances and subtle movements that make up a proper punch. Anyone can throw a haymaker, but few people can throw a real jab or hook.

You can be a decent brawler in a short amount of time if you were born with heavy hands, but it takes years to become a technical boxer. Theres a massive difference.

Last edited:

Um...I was in Aviation and I got hand-to-hand training.

You know.........saw the same thing happen on World's Dumbest Criminals a few times.

Best one? Some dipshit black dude tried to pick the pocket of an older man in front of him at the quickie mart.

Trouble is, the brother didn't realize that the dude he was picking the pocket on was a Marine Recon who'd retired.

Guy didn't stop beating the young punks ass until he ran out the door. Was a good 3-5 minutes of ass kicking.

The martial arts moves were fun to watch!

Link man link! :)

You read what you wanted to out of my post, while ignoring that i never said theres NO training in the military. What im saying is, their training a fucking joke. I already know right now that you arent a real fighter simply because you got a couple lessons from other guys in the military that dont know how to fight themselves. You could not compete with a even first year boxer. Theres no shame in that, but its still the truth.

It would be like me saying im a trained painter just because i took an art class in highschool.

You dont train to fight, so ill cut you some slack. I dont think you understand the angling, stance, foot movement and hip movement involved with boxing. What you see the boxer on tv doing LOOKS simple enough, but unless you train you dont really understand the nuances and subtle movements that make up a proper punch. Anyone can throw a haymaker, but few people can throw a real jab or hook.

You can be a decent brawler in a short amount of time if you were born with heavy hands, but it takes years to become a technical boxer. Theres a massive difference.

You don't know me so don't assume anything badass. I was not even referring to boxing. I was referring to throwing a punch and technical boxing has nothing to do with a street fight and learning to throw a good punch does not take years.

You read what you wanted to out of my post, while ignoring that i never said theres NO training in the military. What im saying is, their training a fucking joke. I already know right now that you arent a real fighter simply because you got a couple lessons from other guys in the military that dont know how to fight themselves. You could not compete with a even first year boxer. Theres no shame in that, but its still the truth.

It would be like me saying im a trained painter just because i took an art class in highschool.

The training is a fucking joke? Really? Apparently, you've never met a Marine.

Hand to hand starts being covered in BOOT CAMP.

The training is a fucking joke? Really? Apparently, you've never met a Marine.

Hand to hand starts being covered in BOOT CAMP.

Um, i served with Marines, so yeah, ive met more than a few. I also know the hand to hand training in the Marines is a joke. Whats with you people that you think you understand fight training when you dont do it yourselves? How do i know you dont train.... because you wouldnt say these ridiculous things if you did.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm a martial artist as well. And yes, there is good hand to hand training in the military. Depends on what you're doing I guess, but another question........from when to when did you serve?

You don't know me so don't assume anything badass. I was not even referring to boxing. I was referring to throwing a punch and technical boxing has nothing to do with a street fight and learning to throw a good punch does not take years.

The thing that started this debate is some idiot claimed to know the old mans profession just by the way he throws a punch. He suggests that because the guy is swingning wide, he cant be ex military and must be a dock worker or some shit. This is a stupid thing to say, and its an even more stupid that you are defending it.

actually, i'm a martial artist as well. And yes, there is good hand to hand training in the military. Depends on what you're doing i guess, but another question........from when to when did you serve?

1992-1996

...and no, thats bullshit. The training in the military is crap compared to what you get at actual schools with actual professionals teaching it. Even the most pathetic McDojo down the street from you is better than all the training youd get from the military.

Last edited:

You're full of shit. But I imagine you already know that.

Forum List

Back