Bush says Iran remains a threat

Of course it has with *cough* Independent voters like you. The rest of us realize that he has none left, however. So much for UN sanctions against Iran...its little more than a pipe dream now. So as much as you may have complete faith in his credibility, people who matter don't.

So does Chavez. I don't see the US saying "all options are on the table" about invading Caracas.

The "rest of us"? You mean fools who will put Hillary Clinton in office because there's a D behind her name? Lot's of credibility THERE.:cuckoo:

Again, I will point out that it is YOU and your strawman enemy who is doing all the talk of invasion. You have displayed NOTHING but a black-or-white only, "either Iran gets every benefit of doubt and a blind eye turned to it because I hate Bush or you want to invade Iran" mentality in the who knows how many threads on the topic you have started spouting the same rhetoric.

All of these mysterious "neocons," and "rightwingers" and "Bushies" you continually quote but never name don't in fact exist anywhere but in your mind.

:thup:
:rofl:

i tellya.. it's great fun watching people distance themselves from their old 04 W bumper sticker! There are neocons, rightwingers AND bushies just like there are the Far left, tree hugger environmentalists and fans of dem candidates. The difference between now and 04 is the impotent swell of neocon support considering the last, say, 7 years. Hell, I remember being told about MANDATES and everything!

Being a NeoCon means never having to apologize for continually being wrong.

Wrong about Iraq WMD, wrong about Saddam-Al Qaeda collaborative ties, wrong about the Iranian nuclear program.

Being wrong, just invites new opportunities to spin your way out of being wrong:

We didn't invade Iraq for WMD!

So what if Iran doesn't have a nuke weapsons program! Give credit to Bush's invasion of iraq!

The "rest of us"? You mean fools who will put Hillary Clinton in office because there's a D behind her name? Lot's of credibility THERE.:cuckoo:

Right...all the people who are voting for Hillary instead of Obama or Edwards or Dodd are doing so because there is a D in front of her name. :eusa_think:

And actually by "rest of us" I meant everyone in the world who isn't in love with Bush and think he can do no wrong. That includes a wide variety of people.

Oh, and by the way...merely because you hate Hillary for whatever personal reasons you have doesn't mean other people aren't voting for her based on her record as opposed to because she has a D behind her name.

Again, I will point out that it is YOU and your strawman enemy who is doing all the talk of invasion. You have displayed NOTHING but a black-or-white only, "either Iran gets every benefit of doubt and a blind eye turned to it because I hate Bush or you want to invade Iran" mentality in the who knows how many threads on the topic you have started spouting the same rhetoric.

Lmfao...now you want nuance when it suits you to claim that I'm not doing it? Oh and since we are playing the gams you love to play, please quote me where I said or implied Iran gets every benefit of doubt and a blind eye turned to it.

I've never claimed that iran wasn't a potential threat.

The debate, to me, has been about the nature of the threat. Bush voters assured me that they somehow knew in their gut, that iran was building a nuclear bomb, was close to having one, and the threat was becoming imminent.

I said I saw no evidence for a nuclear weapons program, I saw no evidence of a grave or immediate threat, and I was fine with continuing to use diplomacy and inspections.

I turned out to be right on all counts.

I guess as long as you keep mis-stating the facts, I'll have to repeat this over and over.....

Bush voters didn't assure you anything and what evidence you saw is irrelevant ...the NIE REPORT IN 2005 CLAIMED THAT IRAN WAS STILL TRYING TO DEVELOP NUCLEAR WEAPONS....

Try to let that FACT sink in....the NIE of 2005 made the claims....
and my hat is off to you for being so much smarter than the 16 intell agencys that WRITE the NIE conclusions.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

The November 2007 US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) judges that Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judges that US intelligence does not know whether Iran "intends to develop nuclear weapons", but that Iran would be unlikely to achieve nuclear weapons "capability before 2013 because of foreseeable technical and programmatic problems".

I wonder what people like Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity would be saying if the NIE concluded that Iran is developing Nuclear weapons? Would they be telling us to look at the report critically? Would they be wanting to know who authored the report? Would they be calling on us to look at and evaluate the detail? I doubt it. I strongly doubt that they would ask us to question the report. Rush would be leading a cheer of “See, I told you so”.

"Wolf! Wolf! No, really this time there really is a wolf!" :badgrin:

Face it, Bush and Cheney need a bogeyman to frighten Americans with, it's how they get away with all their shredding of the constitution.

Let's hear it from the dynamic duo, Georgie and Dick! Maestro please:

"We gotta have fear,
All we really need is fear,
Fear's the thing that if we've got it onside
It helps to keep us inside.....the White House..boom, boom!"

:eusa_sick:

*Acknowledgements to BennyVan Buren and Alan Sherman

What I can't understand is why, from America's unbroken line - excluding Cafflik Kennedy, who they killed anyway - of Proddie bigots as Presidents, the WASP establishment picked this Walter Mittyish dry-drunk with a messiah complex to white-ant. :confused:

The only thing I can come up with is it was because he was finally going to take on a nation a bit more militarily muscular than the usual coral atoll, banana republic, or bombed out wasteland like Iraq, that is formulaic fare for the American armed farces.

Although technologically and equipmentally piss-weak compared to America's farces, clearly Iran wasn't going to be the shooting gallery that Iraq “war” was. Casualty wise, it could even be more like America's eleventh hour, regulation roll-up of the demoralised sweepings of the Axis military cellar, left over by WW2 war-winners Russia and China.

Accordingly, the Mexican and South American wetbacks, and the many other illegal migrants, that make up the business end of the US military aren't gonna volunteer in their droves to do the fighting. Posthumous US citizenship is as useless as the Pope's nuts to a covetous peon who has watched too many episodes of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

Therefore there would have to be a military draft of the publicly warlike but privately cowardly WASP's that infest cyber boards. And we all know how these fire-eating fascists suddenly turn pacifist when asked to fight for the flag, rather than wave it. :D ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

The November 2007 US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) judges that Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program in fall 2003 and that it remained halted as of mid-2007. The estimate further judges that US intelligence does not know whether Iran "intends to develop nuclear weapons", but that Iran would be unlikely to achieve nuclear weapons "capability before 2013 because of foreseeable technical and programmatic problems".

I wonder what people like Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity would be saying if the NIE concluded that Iran is developing Nuclear weapons? Would they be telling us to look at the report critically? Would they be wanting to know who authored the report? Would they be calling on us to look at and evaluate the detail? I doubt it. I strongly doubt that they would ask us to question the report. Rush would be leading a cheer of “See, I told you so”.

Meanwhile, closer to home, Kindly note that King Gunny has declined to Identify his so-called "Minor little detail"

Meanwhile, closer to home, Kindly note that King Gunny has declined to Identify his so-called "Minor little detail"

It must be infuriating for the fascists that the Cape Cod cowboy has conned them yet again

NB that the Bible, that Bush, and the criminal cabal that back him up, claim is their moral compass, puts LIARS in the same class as POOFTERS and slavers.

GOD THINKS DIMWIT IS NO BETTER THAN A FAGGOT!

It stands to reason then, that God also despises his poofophile Republican supporters.

DEATH TO ALL TURD TAMPING FASCISTS AND THEIR FAGGOT LEADER!! :eusa_pray:

I guess as long as you keep mis-stating the facts, I'll have to repeat this over and over.....

Bush voters didn't assure you anything and what evidence you saw is irrelevant ...the NIE REPORT IN 2005 CLAIMED THAT IRAN WAS STILL TRYING TO DEVELOP NUCLEAR WEAPONS....

Try to let that FACT sink in....the NIE of 2005 made the claims....
and my hat is off to you for being so much smarter than the 16 intell agencys that WRITE the NIE conclusions.....

What a shame we didn't have Dimwit back in the good ol' Cold War days.

He wouldn't have tolerted Russia and China, who were PUBLICLY advocating America's annihilation, developing WMD for one moment.

He would have turned the enitre Eurasian landmass into a nuclear wasteland that in turn poisoned the whole planet!

As a felicituous corollary, he would also have forced God to bring the Rapture forward and all the counterfeit decent folk would have been whisked off to Souper Paradise leaving anti-fascist filth like me behind! :sad:

What a shame we didn't have Dimwit back in the good ol' Cold War days.

He wouldn't have tolerted Russia and China, who were PUBLICLY advocating America's annihilation, developing WMD for one moment.

He would have turned the enitre Eurasian landmass into a nuclear wasteland that in turn poisoned the whole planet!

As a felicituous corollary, he would also have forced God to bring the Rapture forward and all the counterfeit decent folk would have been whisked off to Souper Paradise leaving anti-fascist filth like me behind! :sad:

Holy Cow, ANOTHER ONE.--- No wonder I can't understand where you are coming from. I just read yiour sig.---Another Retired?????? Gunnery Sergeant???---- DAMN, it's an epidemic

All of these mysterious "neocons," and "rightwingers" and "Bushies" you continually quote but never name don't in fact exist anywhere but in your mind.

:thup:
:rofl:

i tellya.. it's great fun watching people distance themselves from their old 04 W bumper sticker! There are neocons, rightwingers AND bushies just like there are the Far left, tree hugger environmentalists and fans of dem candidates. The difference between now and 04 is the impotent swell of neocon support considering the last, say, 7 years. Hell, I remember being told about MANDATES and everything!

I do not contend that those people don't exist. I contend that DCD's continual ranting "right-wing neocons say this ... right-wing neocons say that" is nothing more than rhetoric. He takes the most extreme right-wing stances and continually plays them off as the general beliefs of anyone who doesn't embrace in left-wing extremism.

You don't remember hearing about mandates from me. I think Bush's election was a much a "mandate" against Gore and Kerry as it any "mandate" to support him.

And *I* am an environmentalist. Go figure.;)

Being a NeoCon means never having to apologize for continually being wrong.

Wrong about Iraq WMD, wrong about Saddam-Al Qaeda collaborative ties, wrong about the Iranian nuclear program.

Being wrong, just invites new opportunities to spin your way out of being wrong:

We didn't invade Iraq for WMD!

So what if Iran doesn't have a nuke weapsons program! Give credit to Bush's invasion of iraq!

Being a leftwingnut means that no matter how many times your lies are exposed and proven wrong, you go right on repeating them as if fact and reality have no play in the matter.

I do not contend that those people don't exist. I contend that DCD's continual ranting "right-wing neocons say this ... right-wing neocons say that" is nothing more than rhetoric. He takes the most extreme right-wing stances and continually plays them off as the general beliefs of anyone who doesn't embrace in left-wing extremism.

You don't remember hearing about mandates from me. I think Bush's election was a much a "mandate" against Gore and Kerry as it any "mandate" to support him.

And *I* am an environmentalist. Go figure.;)

"mandate"!

hehehehe.. I remember the Reagan landslide in 84 (barely, i was a kid) and had quite a chuckle at the use of that word in 04.

Yea, it's generalizing and i do hate it when people do that at the left.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Nope. The way I hid what I was referring to by BOLDING it in the initial thread is NOT a freakin' clue, Eisntein.:rolleyes:
Is that supposed to be a question?

But you did not spell it out---DUMMY Maybe YOU knew what you were about, but are the rest of us supposed to be mind readers? and no, it was NOT a freakin clue. And still isn't

But you did not spell it out---DUMMY Maybe YOU knew what you were about, but are the rest of us supposed to be mind readers? and no, it was NOT a freakin clue. And still isn't

I had no trouble following his points.

Ummm ... no ... I expect for you to hold at least a 3rd grade reading and comprehension level and read what is there.

You're making yourself look like a fool. Again.

Ummm ... no ... I expect for you to hold at least a 3rd grade reading and comprehension level and read what is there.

You're making yourself look like a fool. Again.
Better to look like a fool on occasion that be one perpetually like you. I still haven't gotten your point. Maybe it takes a dunce to understand you.

Forum List

Back