Bush 43

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

Even though I voted for him twice in 2000, 2004 general election (not in either primary) I always had a sinking feeling about him.

Even though I voted for him twice in 2000, 2004 general election (not in either primary) I always had a sinking feeling about him.

George W. Bush suffered from none of Wilson's personal demons, but after the September 11, 2001, attacks, he pursued a Wilsonian foreign policy that involved the United States in two "endless" wars and wasted American lives and treasure in a failed crusade to spread democracy to the Middle East. At home, Bush imposed surveillance operations and restrictions on civil liberties that, while not as onerous as Wilson's, fueled an appetite for domestic spying among our intelligence and federal law enforcement agencies, who collected reams of personal data on unsuspecting Americans. It appears that some of those agencies later ran amok by conducting surveillance operations against political opponents. The full extent of these activities may never be known.

Mod Edit: Don't post the entire article, please, just an excerpt

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush-like Carter had to deal with fighting factions in his own party as well as the opposing party. Along with obligations over troubles overseas caused them both to make decisions that maybe they would not have made normally. Alot of Bush's policies were solid but were fought against tooth and nail by his opponents. Example''Common Core'' is now being pushed by some in the Democratic party. And I agree with Bush and voted for him . Education. Agriculture, and manufacturing in the U.S.A. are national security issues.

King George the second ushered in a new totalitarian American era after the events of 9/11/01 and Americans seemed to love him for it, readily and stupidly giving up their freedoms right and left. The watchword of that day was revenge. I freely admit I was swept up in the tide of the cacophony of calls for vengeance and played my part as part of the tip of America's spear. That being said, no one ever accused King George II of being sharper of mind than your average fifth grader at the time. The man couldn't find his way out of a laundry chute and rode his way to the top on his royal father's war record. I don't particularly hate Bush II, nor am I particularly fond of the man either. Although, as mass murderers go, he will likely go down as the dumbest chunk of wood in history to lead an empire.

Bush-like Carter had to deal with fighting factions in his own party as well as the opposing party. Along with obligations over troubles overseas caused them both to make decisions that maybe they would not have made normally. Alot of Bush's policies were solid but were fought against tooth and nail by his opponents. Example''Common Core'' is now being pushed by some in the Democratic party. And I agree with Bush and voted for him . Education. Agriculture, and manufacturing in the U.S.A. are national security issues.
I should have been a bit more clear. Bush 43 did some good things, but I never bought into the ultra globalist vision he had. Also had issues with the Patriot act, which as we have seen in recent years has been used for domestic political purposes.

But this op ed piece compares Bush and Wilson for the most part,\.
Both made our nation suffer from their irrational convictions about human behavior. Wilson thought he could create a world without conflict, and Bush thought he could create a Western-style democracy in Iraq. Both were deadly wrong.

Forum List

Back