BURN Unit!! I Defend Edward Snowden 'Like People On MSNBC Defend President Obama'

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Glenn Greenwald: I Defend Edward Snowden 'Like People On MSNBC Defend President Obama'

:rofl:

OH, she was not amused.

When Welker asked him to respond to critics who have called him a spokesperson for Snowden, Greenwald said the idea was "ludicrous" because "every journalist has an agenda."

"We're on MSNBC now, where close to 24 hours a day, the agenda of President Obama and the Democratic Party is promoted, defended, glorified . . . that doesn't mean that the people who appear on MSNBC aren't journalists," he said. "They are."

Glenn Greenwald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am going to go check on his books.

And his point about the mark of good journalism is the truth contained therein - agreed.

What's a "burn unit"? I got some aloe.

She doesn't look that defensive; he kept throwing bait. But I like what he does. There are also several good interviews with him on Democracy Now such as this one. Much more in depth.

• Banned

She doesn't look that defensive; he kept throwing bait. But I like what he does. There are also several good interviews with him on Democracy Now such as this one. Much more in depth.

She did to me. But even if she'd been totally stone-faced, ... they can't really say much about FOX if they are just as much a propaganda suite, themselves.

She did to me. But even if she'd been totally stone-faced, ... they can't really say much about FOX if they are just as much a propaganda suite, themselves.

No, and he's correct. It's not a big deal but I just saw him make the point over and over until he got a rise. Seemed to be more on his agenda than hers.

But what's a "burn unit"?

I have never watched MSNBC. I don't think I get it where I am. I did watch the video. Never heard of this guy before. My reaction is that I don't agree with his definition of journalism. In my opinion, journalists are supposed to be objective and unbiased and report facts as well as they can, even an investigative journalist who may be trying to expose wrongs, corruptions, or problems should be making every effort to do so in an unbiased way. If he wants to editorialize, then he isn't a reporter of the news, he is an interpreter of the news. Nowadays, at least in America, it seems the line has become completely blurred between someone reporting the news objectively and someone who, along with reporting it, comments on it. It seems people have lost the understanding that there is a very big difference between these two approaches. One is discussing the news; the other is reporting it in an unbiased, objective, neutral way.

Like any other citizen, the journalist has a right to political and other convictions. However, in his/her professional activity he/she should remain neutral and objective
http://ethicnet.uta.fi/belarus/journalists_ethics_code

I agree with this as the ideal perspective of what a journalist does.

I don’t need or want and am, in fact, offended by and annoyed with someone like this guy essentially explaining to me, from his perspective and interpreting for me, from his perspective, what Snowden has done and what the situation is. I just want to know what is happening, and I will come to my own conclusions about how I view it. It seems too many people in America can't think for themselves. It is one thing to sit down to a group of people discussing current events and politics, a discussion forum of knowledgeable people, and realize you are just listening to ideas. It is another to think that when a single journalist presenting the news while at the same time commenting on it and interpreting it is news. That isn't news. It is opinion, what was once called an opinion piece.

Last edited:
  • Banned

No, and he's correct. It's not a big deal but I just saw him make the point over and over until he got a rise. Seemed to be more on his agenda than hers.

But what's a "burn unit"?

Sorry. It's from that 70's Show.

Forum List

Back