Buffalo Kicker Tyler Bass getting death threats after missing an end of game kick

Who gives a shit about Sportsball? It is not like it is really important to anybody except the people that make more money if they win. Of course all that money comes from the idiots that pay the money because they think the game somehow reflects on them.
You clearly don't know any die hard football fans. It's even worse for college teams.

Who gives a shit about Sportsball? It is not like it is really important to anybody except the people that make more money if they win. Of course all that money comes from the idiots that pay the money because they think the game somehow reflects on them.
Exactly. Ain't it insane? When he scores while playing for the Bills it's, "Hurrah for Buffalo! We're the best!" But if he gets traded and he scores it's "Hurrah for San Diego! We're the best!" :cuckoo:

Last edited:
You clearly don't know any die hard football fans. It's even worse for college teams.
I know plenty of them. I was one before I grew up.

When my son was about four years old it was one of these beautiful Florida fall days. Perfect weather outside. It was a Sunday and the Miami Dolphins were playing and it was an important game. I was glued to the TV watching my team play.

Meanwhile my son was outside in the backyard begging me to come out and play with him but I couldn't because, you know the game was important. Big game don'tcha know.

He came in with tears in his eyes because I wouldn't go outside. Right then I decided to hell with watching the stupid game. I turned off the TV and spent the rest of the afternoon with my son. I decided then that watching stupid sports was not the way to spend my life. From that time on I delegated watching sports to something not worth much of my time.

Of course in the ensuring years with all the scandals and disrespect of America by many of the players it became very easy to ignore.

I will occasionally watch a little college or professional sports nowadays but I don't really care who wins.

Exactly. Ain't it insane? When he scores while playing for the Bills it's, "Hurrah for Buffalo! We're the best!" But if he gets traded and he scores it's "Hurrah for San Diego! We're the best!" :cuckoo:
It is like these idiots get some kind of satisfaction for being in the same city or attending the same college that these players. None of the fans have a damn thing in common with the players or team owners or anybody else connected with the sport that takes their money.

My faviorite teams were the ones that I coached or the ones that my sons played on. Not some team from the same general area as me or the college I attended decades ago.

Even if buffalo would have scored a touchdown on that final drive, if they left time on the clock, Kansas City may have scored. The Ravens are the team this year. They have a great defense and are peaking.

Poor Josh Allen. Like Dak, they won't be talking about him years from now. Not if he doesn't win it all.

They're talking about how Mahomes is actually ahead of Tom Brady at this point in his career. The only thing is, Brady did it in his 20's and 30's. 2 decades. Mahomes has 2 rings. I believe he lost to Brady in 2020. So we got to see them play head to head.

Mahomes has played in the Super Bowl three times. In addition to Super Bowls LIV and LVII, Kansas City fell to the Buccaneers 31-9 in Super Bowl LV.

The one Superbowl Mahomes lost, it was to Tom Brady. So it's going to take a lot for Mahomes to pass him as the GOAT. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens could win 2 in a row and suddenly, he's in the conversation. I love it that they all told Lamar Jackson a guy like him couldn't be a QB in the NFL. But until he wins it all, they'll keep saying it.

What's the best story in the NFL right now? Is it Detroit or Lamar Jackson? Right now it's Detroit. For Lamar to be the best story he has to finish the story.

I know plenty of them. I was one before I grew up.

When my son was about four years old it was one of these beautiful Florida fall days. Perfect weather outside. It was a Sunday and the Miami Dolphins were playing and it was an important game. I was glued to the TV watching my team play.

Meanwhile my son was outside in the backyard begging me to come out and play with him but I couldn't because, you know the game was important. Big game don'tcha know.

He came in with tears in his eyes because I wouldn't go outside. Right then I decided to hell with watching the stupid game. I turned off the TV and spent the rest of the afternoon with my son. I decided then that watching stupid sports was not the way to spend my life. From that time on I delegated watching sports to something not worth much of my time.

Of course in the ensuring years with all the scandals and disrespect of America by many of the players it became very easy to ignore.

I will occasionally watch a little college or professional sports nowadays but I don't really care who wins.
Kudos for that. Yes there are sadly many absentee Fathers who spend more time obsessing over their team than spending time with their kids. I spent a ton of time with my kids coaching them in soccer, baseball and volleyball as well as teaching them how to play piano and many many random projects. As a retired empty nester, I watch way more sports than I used to, along with other things I like to do.

It is like these idiots get some kind of satisfaction for being in the same city or attending the same college that these players. None of the fans have a damn thing in common with the players or team owners or anybody else connected with the sport that takes their money.

My faviorite teams were the ones that I coached or the ones that my sons played on. Not some team from the same general area as me or the college I attended decades ago.
I know guys who say the play basketball they don't watch basketball. But even they watch the NBA finals. Or a good playoff match up.

There's only a few things I enjoy in life. Professional and college sports are two things I enjoy. Sorry. What do you watch on TV? What show do you love? I'll shit on it.

The best show on tv now is Big Time Wrestling. It's got EVERYTHING. Arguably, better than anything you're watching right now. LOL.

But I'll say this. The minute after Michigan won the National Championship, do you know what I did? I checked to see what I had recorded on my dvr. In other words, okay that was fun, but what next? Yea, I don't live or die if the Lion's win or lose.

If any of us don't get too bent out of shape when we lose or get screwed by a ref, it's Detroit. It happens to us all the time. We never call in death threats. We expect to get screwed over. LOL.

SOL

I know guys who say the play basketball they don't watch basketball. But even they watch the NBA finals. Or a good playoff match up.

There's only a few things I enjoy in life. Professional and college sports are two things I enjoy. Sorry. What do you watch on TV? What show do you love? I'll shit on it.

The best show on tv now is Big Time Wrestling. It's got EVERYTHING. Arguably, better than anything you're watching right now. LOL.

But I'll say this. The minute after Michigan won the National Championship, do you know what I did? I checked to see what I had recorded on my dvr. In other words, okay that was fun, but what next? Yea, I don't live or die if the Lion's win or lose.

If any of us don't get too bent out of shape when we lose or get screwed by a ref, it's Detroit. It happens to us all the time. We never call in death threats. We expect to get screwed over. LOL.

SOL

I understand that watching sports is entertainment for a lot of people. That is fine. If that is their thing then bless their hearts.

Life is too short to not do the things that you enjoy.

It is like these idiots get some kind of satisfaction for being in the same city or attending the same college that these players.
That's what it boils down to, yes. They think that they, themselves are winners. It's even worse on 10¢ beer night when they actually believe that it was their cheering that won the game! :auiqs.jpg:

I understand that watching sports is entertainment for a lot of people. That is fine. If that is their thing then bless their hearts.

Life is too short to not do the things that you enjoy.
I love going up north. Out in the woods. I love being on the boat. But it's winter right now. This is why they don't have the NFL in the summer. No one would watch.

If you don't watch tv what do you do? I suspect if I lived with a woman, the tv wouldn't need to be on. We'd be talking. I would only turn the tv on when I wanted to quietly watch something. Not when I'm talking to her. If I lived with a woman I'd have some music on. Slow jams. LOL>

Forum List

Back