brussel sprouts

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
my first year growing these cabbages, i picked up 6 plants last fall on a lark, and they are now fairly impressive at over 3 ft.

just brought a little basket of leaves into the kitchen . perfect little leaves for cabbage rolls. now, if the bugs don't get the sprouts ......

we do these cabbage things (beassica) as fall and winter crops, i'm sure they will be bolting soon as well.

my lettuce is already bolting. i'll let those seeds form and then reuse that bed. maybe butternut squash? or blue lake beans.

my first year growing these cabbages, i picked up 6 plants last fall on a lark, and they are now fairly impressive at over 3 ft.

just brought a little basket of leaves into the kitchen . perfect little leaves for cabbage rolls. now, if the bugs don't get the sprouts ......

we do these cabbage things (beassica) as fall and winter crops, i'm sure they will be bolting soon as well.

my lettuce is already bolting. i'll let those seeds form and then reuse that bed. maybe butternut squash? or blue lake beans.
I`d go with the beans unless I had a really large bed because you can get a lot of beans in a small area. I`ve grown watermelons but since downsizing my garden, I`ve given up on the vine plants. When my lettuce bolts, I replant with green beans.

I`d go with the beans unless I had a really large bed because you can get a lot of beans in a small area. I`ve grown watermelons but since downsizing my garden, I`ve given up on the vine plants. When my lettuce bolts, I replant with green beans.
i think you're right from a nitrogen standpoint, and i can get 2 dozen bush beans in that little area.

i've got a south facing back fence i've been using for vines. mostly tomato and some snow peas. i have cantalopes going, but i need a few watermelons. the little round cannonballs and as sweet as possible.....any suggestions?

very early spring and i was lucky enough to be ready for it.

i think you're right from a nitrogen standpoint, and i can get 2 dozen bush beans in that little area.

i've got a south facing back fence i've been using for vines. mostly tomato and some snow peas. i have cantalopes going, but i need a few watermelons. the little round cannonballs and as sweet as possible.....any suggestions?

very early spring and i was lucky enough to be ready for it.
I can`t remember which watermelons I grew but it may have been Crimson Sweet or something similar. I gave it up due to limited space and by the time my melons were ready to pick it was very late in the summer and we were pretty much meloned out. I don`t think my western Pa. location has a long enough season for growing the big ones. :icon_cry:

I can`t remember which watermelons I grew but it may have been Crimson Sweet or something similar. I gave it up due to limited space and by the time my melons were ready to pick it was very late in the summer and we were pretty much meloned out. I don`t think my western Pa. location has a long enough season for growing the big ones. :icon_cry:
the big ones just are not as good.

how about egg plants? i like a little one there as well. i couldn't find any "fairy tale" this year but these long purple oriental things look like they will be good in a parm.

one joy of a backyard garden is trying things you don't find at winn dixie.

the big ones just are not as good.

how about egg plants? i like a little one there as well. i couldn't find any "fairy tale" this year but these long purple oriental things look like they will be good in a parm.

one joy of a backyard garden is trying things you don't find at winn dixie.
I luv eggplant parm- here in maine our growing season isn't long enough. Crossing my fingers for more Global warming. bettah eats.

But what do you do if you're not in Belgium?

Forum List

Back