BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

Tragic, yet more families won't be seeing their kids again. Given some of the flippant responses in this thread its clear that people are becoming desensitized to these tragedies. If US polls show a majority in favour of stricter gun laws then why does Congress sit on its arse doing nothing. Its just impossible for people in Europe to understand why nothing evera gets done.
Because Mr. UK Fuckstick, we have a Constitution, not subjects of the crown. Besides, what legislation would prevent this?

USA 9,000 gun murders a year, the USA has 5% of the worlds population but its level of gun ownership is between 35 and 50% of the worlds civilian held guns. You are 30 times more likely to be murdered by a gun in the USA than the UK. You may ignore these facts but its not something to be proud of.

Right down the road from me.

Oregon state police: Reports of 10 dead at college

(CNN)Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

CNN's Sheena Jones and Jason Hanna contributed to this report.

Promoted Stories

10 Luxury Cars Under $35,000 That Are Worth Every PennyKelley Blue Book

Celebs you didn't know passed away: #17 is ShockingYour Daily Dish

Surprise! Fisherman Didn't Expect This! (Watch What…WebBrewed

What Two Lions Did Left These Tourists SpeechlessFuzzfix

Recommended by

More Promoted Stories

Dogs Breeds That Don't Take a Lot of Work PetBreeds

24-year-old pleads 'Not Guilty' in Costco elder abuse claim KFI AM 640

The 10 Best 3-Row Vehicles Kelley Blue Book

This Heroic Whale Rescue Will Leave You Gobsmacked Fuzzfix

You Won't Believe What These 31 Bond Girls Look Like Now!! Your Daily Dish

The 20 Most INSANE Wedding Dresses Of All Time LittleBudha.com

More from CNN

Derrick Rose: I didn't rape ex-girlfriend

H&M's latest look: Hijab-wearing Muslim model stirs debate

New Jersey high school quarterback dies after leaving game with injury

Iran's Khamenei threatens 'harsh' retaliation over Hajj stampede at Mina

Medical examiner: We now know how Bobbi Kristina Brown died

Family: Ahmed Mohamed, clock-making teen, transferring to another school

Recommended by

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 25px; display: inline-block; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 25px; display: inline-block;">

More Top Stories

Oregon shooting: Initial reports of 10 dead at Umpqua Community College - CNN.com

Bet it was a white dude.

Since nearly 90% of the population is white here, I would say you probably got this one right for a change.
It could have been downtown Detroit and I would have gotten it right. White guys love shooting up schools.

The problem is, black males burned down all the schools in downtown Detroit, so the white guys had to move to the suburbs.

Plainly a false, manufactured "story".

The People's Republic of Oregon is famed for rigid enforcement of its myriad gun laws. Nothing like this could even remotely considered to have happened. Must be a slow news day?

Tragic, yet more families won't be seeing their kids again. Given some of the flippant responses in this thread its clear that people are becoming desensitized to these tragedies. If US polls show a majority in favour of stricter gun laws then why does Congress sit on its arse doing nothing. Its just impossible for people in Europe to understand why nothing evera gets done.
Because Mr. UK Fuckstick, we have a Constitution, not subjects of the crown. Besides, what legislation would prevent this?

USA 9,000 gun murders a year, the USA has 5% of the worlds population but its level of gun ownership is between 35 and 50% of the worlds civilian held guns. You are 30 times more likely to be murdered by a gun in the USA than the UK. You may ignore these facts but its not something to be proud of.
Remind us how Muslim extremists did not get a hold of fully automatic rifles and pistols in France and Belgium to carry out their attacks? Remind us how that Kid in Briton did not get a handgun to carry out his planned attack?

Shooter is dead. All mass shootings end when the shooter is confronted with a gun. Also, every mass shooter is either Muslim or atheist. No exceptions to either point.

How many Muslim or atheist mass shooters have we had?

Lone white male from "good family" goes on rampage

Every mass shooting in America has been either an atheist or Muslim. Every single one.

that's a lie.
I repeat Jillian be specific what law or laws would you create to keep normal seeming people from obtaining a firearm? Be specific.

A "gun free zone".
Too bad someone didn't have a 'CC'.
Ask any of the victims families if they now wish the 'zone' was not 'gun free'. Ya fucking right!
Civilized countries do not have gun free zones, all zones are gun free.
Thats why In France Belgium Germany and Briton criminals get firearms when ever they want them and use them as they see fit, right?

Right down the road from me.

Oregon state police: Reports of 10 dead at college

(CNN)Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

The reports suggest that the shooter has been detained, he said.

Earlier, authorities told CNN they were responding to reports of an active shooter at the Roseburg college campus.

CNN's Sheena Jones and Jason Hanna contributed to this report.

Promoted Stories

10 Luxury Cars Under $35,000 That Are Worth Every PennyKelley Blue Book

Celebs you didn't know passed away: #17 is ShockingYour Daily Dish

Surprise! Fisherman Didn't Expect This! (Watch What…WebBrewed

What Two Lions Did Left These Tourists SpeechlessFuzzfix

Recommended by

More Promoted Stories

Dogs Breeds That Don't Take a Lot of Work PetBreeds

24-year-old pleads 'Not Guilty' in Costco elder abuse claim KFI AM 640

The 10 Best 3-Row Vehicles Kelley Blue Book

This Heroic Whale Rescue Will Leave You Gobsmacked Fuzzfix

You Won't Believe What These 31 Bond Girls Look Like Now!! Your Daily Dish

The 20 Most INSANE Wedding Dresses Of All Time LittleBudha.com

More from CNN

Derrick Rose: I didn't rape ex-girlfriend

H&M's latest look: Hijab-wearing Muslim model stirs debate

New Jersey high school quarterback dies after leaving game with injury

Iran's Khamenei threatens 'harsh' retaliation over Hajj stampede at Mina

Medical examiner: We now know how Bobbi Kristina Brown died

Family: Ahmed Mohamed, clock-making teen, transferring to another school

Recommended by

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 25px; display: inline-block; border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

"" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 25px; display: inline-block;">

More Top Stories

Oregon shooting: Initial reports of 10 dead at Umpqua Community College - CNN.com

Bet it was a white dude.

Since nearly 90% of the population is white here, I would say you probably got this one right for a change.
It could have been downtown Detroit and I would have gotten it right. White guys love shooting up schools.

The problem is, black males burned down all the schools in downtown Detroit, so the white guys had to move to the suburbs.
So you admit there is something wrong with white culture that makes white guys shoot up schools?

Oh good, another shooting so now the left loons can run around hysterical calling for more gun control, stricter laws, etc....meanwhile Chicago has all that, how's that working out?

actually, greater difficulty obtaining guns WOULD keep them from having weapons. so i'm not quite sure how you figure that.
Gun restrictions only make it difficult for law-abiding people to get guns.

Why do you keep calling for restrictions on law-abiding people, when its the criminals who are killing people?

(Did someone mention "insane people"?)

A "gun free zone".
Too bad someone didn't have a 'CC'.
Ask any of the victims families if they now wish the 'zone' was not 'gun free'. Ya fucking right!
Civilized countries do not have gun free zones, all zones are gun free.
Thats why In France Belgium Germany and Briton criminals get firearms when ever they want them and use them as they see fit, right?
How often do you hear of such killings in Europe. You are just ignorant.

Shooter is dead. All mass shootings end when the shooter is confronted with a gun. Also, every mass shooter is either Muslim or atheist. No exceptions to either point.

Every mass shooting in America has been either an atheist or Muslim. Every single one.

that's a lie.
I repeat Jillian be specific what law or laws would you create to keep normal seeming people from obtaining a firearm? Be specific.

we can start with mandatory safety
registration of people diagnosed with mental illness into a federal data base.
refusal of guns to people with a history of mental illness, criminal activity, domestic violence or child abuse.
how's that for a start?

you have a problem with that, pops?

actually, greater difficulty obtaining guns WOULD keep them from having weapons. so i'm not quite sure how you figure that.
Gun restrictions only make it difficult for law-abiding people to get guns.

Why do you keep calling for restrictions on law-abiding people, when its the criminals who are killing people?

(Did someone mention "insane people"?)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Already the

that's a lie.

we can start with mandatory safety
registration of people diagnosed with mental illness into a federal data base.
refusal of guns to people with a history of mental illness, criminal activity, domestic violence or child abuse.
how's that for a start?

you have a problem with that, pops?
Already the law. It is illegal for people that have been adjudicated mentally incompetent from owning firearms or buying them.

(sigh)

It's sad to see so many people who have no problem with giving government the power to decide which of us can and can't have guns.

Hard to believe so many can be that ignorant of history.

It's gun free.

most mass shootings are done with legal guns.
Yes and thus why MORE laws will not stop them.

Doesn't it ever occur to you guys, that someone willing to be this extreme is likely to come up with a gun no matter what the laws are ?
There are over 300 million guns in private hands in the U.S. How on earth could you possibly contain those kind of #'s ?

perhaps. but don't you think we should make it more difficult for them rather than say "go get 'em, sonny".

and for the record, I don't hate guns. my son and husband both shoot. I just think we need to be smarter in keeping them away from the nutcases and criminals. don't you?

I just think we need to be smarter in keeping them away from the nutcases and criminals.

I worked Corrections for over a decade, and know that a criminal can get a firearm faster than you or I.

(They don't have to waste time filling out a Background check, and wait for it to be approved)

and how do you propose to keep them away from criminals in the first place?

that's a lie.

Your evidence is underwhelming. Fact remains, every mass shooting has been done by a Muslim or atheist.

Forum List

Back