Brazil, China, India, South Africa in push for climate financing

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
That is a reasonable expectation.

---

NEW YORK: Brazil, China, India and South Africa voiced disappointment Sunday over the failure of rich countries to come up with billions of dollars needed to help them sign on to a landmark climate change deal.

Ministers and top negotiators from the four key countries met in New York to close ranks as talks on the climate deal heads into crucial months before a Paris conference in December.

In a joint statement, they expressed "disappointment over the continued lack of any clear roadmap for developed countries to provide $100 billion per year by 2020, as well as on substantially scaling up financial support after 2020".

The world's developed countries agreed in 2010 to mobilise $100 billion a year by 2020 to help poorer nations adapt to the impacts of climate change and reduce their emissions.

Those commitments have fallen short by about $70 billion, according to the World Bank.

"There is still a clear expectation and so I hope the developing countries can fulfill their commitment before the Paris meeting," China's envoy for climate change Xie Zhenhua told reporters.

World governments will try to forge a new global deal to address climate change at a UN climate conference in December, with both developed and developing countries committing to cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

Financing to help developing nations cut emissions and adapt to climate change remains a key issue.

South Africa's Environment Minister Edna Molewa stressed that "the four countries sitting around this table have been, on our own, doing a lot of work" on climate change.

"It is important that this scaling up happens," she said. "Adaptation requires a lot of money."

Technology for the south

India's chief negotiator Ravi Prasad emphasised the need for developed countries to share emissions-cutting and clean-energy technology with poor nations to bring them onboard the global effort to address climate change.

"Without the concomitant flow of technology support, for many developing countries and poor economies, it will be impossible to move on to any such trajectory in the near future," said Prasad.

While pressing demands for climate financing, the four countries stressed that they will be working closely together in the months ahead to help clinch a deal in Paris that they said was urgently needed.

Brazil's Environment Minister Izabella Teixeira said the four countries were committed to work hard to avoid a repeat of the 2009 Copenhagen climate conference that ended in failure.

"We cannot postpone this agenda, this agreement," said Teixeira.

China's Xie said negotiations were achieving progress.

"We are eliminating differences. We are very positive and very hopeful for the success of the Paris meeting," he said.

China, the world's biggest greenhouse gas emitter, has joined forces with India, the third largest emitter, along with Brazil, which ranks among the top 10 and South Africa, which boasts the continent's most developed economy.

Brazil China India South Africa in push for climate financing theSundaily

So let me get this straight- American industries, American taxpayers, and American rate-payers are expected to foot the bill for American climate financing.

THEN, the same-said parties are expected to do it all over again for the rest of the planet? :dunno:

Post number 3 spot on.........They are looking for a hand out............

We can't pay our bills already...........

So let me get this straight- American industries, American taxpayers, and American rate-payers are expected to foot the bill for American climate financing.

THEN, the same-said parties are expected to do it all over again for the rest of the planet? :dunno:

I do not think you are aware of the whole issue. Let me sum it for you. The developed countries (USA, Germany, etc.) want developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit emission of greenhouse gas. This will affect their (developing countries) ability to create jobs for their people. To make the matters worse, developed countries do not want any such limitation on their own industries. Then it is only fair for developed countries to foot the bill of cost of switching from traditional (polluting) technologies to modern (non polluting) technologies.

Post number 3 spot on.........They are looking for a hand out............

We can't pay our bills already...........

Your response tells me that your are not aware of actual issue at hand. Read my reply to Mr. H and learn something.

I do not think you are aware of the whole issue. Let me sum it for you. The developed countries (USA, Germany, etc.) want developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit emission of greenhouse gas. This will affect their (developing countries) ability to create jobs for their people. To make the matters worse, developed countries do not want any such limitation on their own industries. Then it is only fair for developed countries to foot the bill of cost of switching from traditional (polluting) technologies to modern (non polluting) technologies.
China, Brazil, South Africa are "developing" countries? :lol:

And exactly how does "limiting industrial output" create jobs? :dunno:

Dude, you are majorly messed up. :slap:

I do like and appreciate many of your posts, but you are grabbing for straws here.

Fossil fuels, hydrocarbons, and earth resources are what sustain humanity. Without all those, people die.

Is that your prerogative? The death of humanity and the destruction of our habitat?

China, Brazil, South Africa are "developing" countries? :lol:

And exactly how does "limiting industrial output" create jobs? :dunno:

Dude, you are majorly messed up. :slap:

Dude, read it again when you are sober.

When you limit somebody's industrial output, you limit their ability to create jobs.

I do like and appreciate many of your posts, but you are grabbing for straws here.

Fossil fuels, hydrocarbons, and earth resources are what sustain humanity. Without all those, people die.

Is that your prerogative? The death of humanity and the destruction of our habitat?

I do not think you understood my post. Is everything OK?

The developed countries (USA, Germany, etc.) want developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit emission of greenhouse gas.

Only leftist idiots (but then I repeat myself) want developing countries to damage their economies to reduce CO2.

I'm reading you 5 by 5, bitch. :slap:

The developed countries (USA, Germany, etc.) want developing countries such as India, China, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit emission of greenhouse gas.

Only leftist idiots (but then I repeat myself) want developing countries to damage their economies to reduce CO2.

The push to limit greenhouse emission is coming from the western countries led by USA. Obama administration is particularly keen on it. What is interesting is that none of the western countries want to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit greenhouse emission but they want India, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to cut their industrial output.

I'm reading you 5 by 5, bitch. :slap:

You ain't reading me right hoe :)

I might have to rephrase it for you. Let me know when you are sober though.

I don't believe Vikrant to be a "leftist idiot".

He is, however, a misguided wandering soul. Wandering in search of his lost gold.

Which, by the way, will never be found since he ascribes to the ideology of leftist idiots.

The push to limit greenhouse emission is coming from the western countries led by USA. Obama administration is particularly keen on it. What is interesting is that none of the western countries want to limit their industrial output in an attempt to limit greenhouse emission but they want India, Brazil, South Africa, etc. to cut their industrial output.

Yes, it's an idiotic push.

Mr. H. read this tomorrow when you are rested and your circuits are working properly :)

- Developed countries lead by USA are asking developing countries to limit their industrial output because they think it is causing global warming

- Developing countries are saying that they cannot do that because this will inhibit their ability to create new jobs and improve the standard of living

- Developed countries want to reserve their right to increase their industrial output to improve the standard of living in their countries

- Developing countries are not happy with this double standard but they are willing to make a switch to cleaner technologies if developed countries are willing to foot the bill

Forum List

Back