#BoycottNRA

Enterprise car rentals, Omaha bank sever gun lobby ties as boycott movement gains steam.

Two major companies, Enterprise Holdings and First National Bank of Omaha ended co-branding partnerships with the National Rifle Association Thursday as a #BoycottNRA social media movement picked up steam.

Enterprise is the parent company of three car-rental brands: Enterprise, Alamo and National. The arrangement offered discounts to NRA members.

Do they think doing this will solve anything?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
usually on boycotts like this, the pro gun crowd will just stop shopping at the companies doing this. they are catering to the loud, not the most people and the people who care will just stop shopping at the places making this "social stand".

The NRA certainly has a lot of pull in congress, because they paid for it, but the reality is they only have about 5 million members. That's only 1.6% of the population. Most gun owners are not members and don't support their tactics.

Tell that to Bill Clinton.

Mark

Enterprise car rentals, Omaha bank sever gun lobby ties as boycott movement gains steam.

Two major companies, Enterprise Holdings and First National Bank of Omaha ended co-branding partnerships with the National Rifle Association Thursday as a #BoycottNRA social media movement picked up steam.

Enterprise is the parent company of three car-rental brands: Enterprise, Alamo and National. The arrangement offered discounts to NRA members.

usually on boycotts like this, the pro gun crowd will just stop shopping at the companies doing this. they are catering to the loud, not the most people and the people who care will just stop shopping at the places making this "social stand".

The NRA certainly has a lot of pull in congress, because they paid for it, but the reality is they only have about 5 million members. That's only 1.6% of the population. Most gun owners are not members and don't support their tactics.
The NRA certainly has a lot of pull in congress, because they paid for it, but the reality is they only have about 5 million members.
Reality check:
5 million NRA members, $984,152 in campaign contributions, and 1.5 million on lobbying in 2013 and 2014.
What about unions? 14.5 million members, $150 Million on campaigns, and 1.7 BILLION on lobbying in 2012 alone. Who do THEY "own"? What did they buy?

It worked out sooooooo well for Crooked Hillary to run on a platform to demonize the NRA, didn't it?

Then there was her slimeball husband, Slick Willy, that championed a stupid assault weapons ban and he lost about 60 seats in Congress. He even said that was the reason he lost the Congress.

These idiot Moon Bats never learn, do they?

I am a NRA Life Member. I am thinking about upgrading to Endowment Member.

If Liberals hate something then that is always a good thing to support, because they are fucking morons and never get anything right.

Remington filed bankruptcy. Apparently you gun lickers send your $5 to the NRA rather than to Remington.

View attachment 178591

It costs more than $5 to join the NRA.
They don't take political donations.

Remington is restructuring it's not going away.

Most of the NRA's donations consist of small private donors (citizens). The lowest amount you can donate to become a member is $30. Great cause though. :)

upload_2018-2-23_11-5-0.jpeg

Good for them. Something needs to change.

Remington filed bankruptcy. Apparently you gun lickers send your $5 to the NRA rather than to Remington.

View attachment 178591

Most of the NRA's donations consist of small private donors (citizens). The lowest amount you can donate to become a member is $30. Great cause though. :)

It was a great cause back in the 70s when their focus was gun safety. Since then they have become nothing more than an advocacy group for gun manufacturers.

So, who pays them? Did you know that gun and ammunition manufactures make a measly 1.5 billion a year profit?

They aren't banks or oil companies, but comparatively tiny business's.

Mark

The latest company to distance itself from the NRA was insurer Chubb Ltd, which on Friday said it would stop underwriting a controversial NRA-branded insurance policy for gun owners that covers legal costs in self-defense shootings.

More to read

Corporate America under pressure to cut ties with NRA

I just heard you say, "This company decided to commit economic suicide."

I just posted a link I didn't say anything, now your hearing voices in your head.

Actually, I'm hearing your IQ points drop every time you post. That's freaking amazing!

View attachment 178591

View attachment 178597

Who asked you? :D I was talking to Peach, not your anti American traitorous arse.

Mark

Yes, I understand you have almost 30 years invested in trying to trash the Clintons. It must be scary for you to have to find new material, now that they are out of the picture.

View attachment 178591

View attachment 178597

Who asked you? :D I was talking to Peach, not your anti American traitorous arse.

:cuckoo:

It's to stop the lobby.

Many companies are doing it the last few days...

Lol, it’s only logical. I mean you libtards did more then anything else In history to put AR15’s in Americans hands then any NRA ad ever could, but that wasn’t enough, nope. Y’all kept on, and now we have President Trump. So now, wane Lapierre will need to send you a little black ball cap and pocket knife in appreciation of how many new members you helped them sign up.

Meh, it doesn't really matter. They will fail. ALL of their gun control measures thus far have been a complete failure too. Things seem to be getting worse instead of better, so that in and of itself shows that "gun control" doesn't really work on insane people who shoot up schools.

View attachment 178591

View attachment 178597

:cuckoo:

Is that your response? Good. That's about what I expected. You aren't very smart. :D

boycotting a non profit organization.

how long can this take?

They are boycotting the companies that do business with the NRA. That's not the same as boycotting the NRA.
oh that's better.

an indirect boycott of a non profit company.

again - i've never known these to work very well. the loudest are usually the fewest in # and those who are tired of all the boycotting will usually shift to the other side quietly and make their point w/o the #LOOKATME noise.

and now to renew my expired NRA membership just to tell these people to fuck off.

It will get me to join the NRA even though I disagree with their approach.

how long can this take?

They are boycotting the companies that do business with the NRA. That's not the same as boycotting the NRA.
oh that's better.

again - i've never known these to work very well. the loudest are usually the fewest in # and those who are tired of all the boycotting will usually shift to the other side quietly and make their point w/o the #LOOKATME noise.

If anyone really cared about your opinion, I'm sure you would have been consulted

Mark

Yes, I understand you have almost 30 years invested in trying to trash the Clintons. It must be scary for you to have to find new material, now that they are out of the picture.

Crooked Hillary opens her big fat mouth almost weekly and you stupid Moon Bats thinks she is the cat's meow. She won't go away so she deserves to be frequently mentioned as being a piece of shit.

Crooked Hillary and that filthy husband of hers deserves to be ridiculed. They are the scum of America that you idiot Moon Bats love so much.

Slick Willy was a fucking moron passing that stupid Assault Weapons Ban in 1994. Crooked Hillary was a first class asshole demonizing the NRA and calling for the curtailment of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms.

We need to frequently remind Americans of what assholes these Democrats are when they have power so that it won't happen again.

how long can this take?

oh that's better.

If anyone really cared about your opinion, I'm sure you would have been consulted
so i guess you get consulted daily then?

gosh - i think xyz, i better check in w/bulldog and make sure i'm on the right track.

what a joy it would be to be you.

Forum List

Back