Bonnie & Clyde

Well, she wasn't knock dead gorgeous to me, but....this particular rendition made it all her fault for some reason.

I watched about twenty minutes of Part One of this wasted effort before becoming thoroughly disgusted with it. There is nothing about it worth watching.

I recall a rather good movie about Bonnie and Clyde some years back. It starred Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty.

I watched about twenty minutes of Part One of this wasted effort before becoming thoroughly disgusted with it. There is nothing about it worth watching.

I recall a rather good movie about Bonnie and Clyde some years back. It starred Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. So I wonder what the producers of this junker were hoping to achieve.

I watched the whole thing because I was curious. I think it was pretty much fantasy on the producers part and poorly done. I did not like it.

A sad tale to start with --set in a dark time in US history.

I don't know what I want to see--something less dramatic, maybe.

The list of films nominated for Golden Globes is packed with drama.

'Saving Mr. Banks'--the film about the making of Mary Poppins may be the only one for me.

Yeah, I saw the four hours on the History Channel and have seen the old movie with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway years ago. Both glamorized the couple too much but neither version was all that historically accurate. The latest one does seem to lay the whole thing at the feet of Bonnie, but Clyde was already a hardened criminal when she met him. They seemed to try to say Bonnie did all of this for the publicity and notoriety and to immortalize herself and Clyde.

The 1960s movie treated Bonnie and Clyde sympathetically, but nobody else. This latest series puts just about everybody in a bad light, including Hamer. Their treatment of the compromised journalist "PJ" was no better - she looked conflicted and confused and unethical for the most part.

I watched very little of part 1. I made it through to the part where Bonnie was whining because she was bored with her life and deleted the recording. It was an overhyped mess of a movie.

Leprechaun Media

Capitalism culture promotes the general fortune-hunter. It romanticizes prosperity and wealth and gives rise to money warlocks such Bill Gates of Microsoft.

In this arena, daredevil thieves such as the wondrous American Great Depression bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are deified in art and film and folk tales.

The fictional American comic book super-villain Mr. Freeze is a nemesis of the caped crusader Batman (DC Comics) and has pledged himself to vengeance against society for the tragic demise of his dear wife Nora. Mr. Freeze is a pop culture avatar who represents capitalism-oriented fantasies about retribution, prosperity, and vigilantism.

Why do we feel curious about cryptic folk tale creatures such as mermaids (half-human, half-fish creatures rumored to be living deep in Earth’s oceans) who represent fantastic human mobility? Since the days of the Gold Rush in the Old West of America, people have been formally studying terrain adaptation and terrain mobility, and today, many ‘off-road’ sporting vehicles and motor-bikes are meant to cater to these thrilling ‘motility’ curiosities.

Such questions are important when we discuss the sorts of wild incidents of daredevil profiteerism (i.e., the Enron insider trading scandal) and industrial espionage and intricate sabotage (i.e., Watergate) related to network motility and network access as it pertains to prosperity.

Perhaps all of these intrigues can be summarized and capitulated by the fortune-myth Irish folklore imp the Leprechaun, a strange green-colored clothing dwarf who hides sacred pots of gold at the end of rainbows and grants wishes to anyone who can successfully trap it for a short time. The Leprechaun has been used in many domains of society. The celebrated Notre Dame Fightin’ Irish college football team presents as its official team mascot a delightful Leprechaun.
The popular American breakfast cereal Lucky Charms presents as its advertising avatar a mischievous and hospitable Leprechaun.

Does fortune itself encourage human imagination about fate?

There seems to be no other explanation as to why Americans would want to create elaborate media productions about the skill associated with bank robbery and theft (i.e., Bonnie and Clyde) in a society preoccupied with prosperity securities.

:afro:

Enron - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

cheeseburglar.jpg

Forum List

Back