BOA reducing 30K employees due to mergers and aquisitions not Obama's speech

uscitizen

Reaction score
Moynihan told investors the bank is carrying excess baggage from six major acquisitions it did between 2003 and 2008. Only recently has the assimilation of Countrywide and Merrill Lynch been complete.

WFAE 90.7 FM

I think I was the only one to get this right in the other thread which seems to have dissapeared.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I dont recall anyone blaming it on any speech. The title of that thread did not imply a link. Idiots looking for a reason to argue made the leap between the two.

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I dont recall anyone blaming it on any speech. The title of that thread did not imply a link. Idiots looking for a reason to argue made the leap between the two.
Someone started a thread yesterday claiming exactly that.

Critical thinking is your friend.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, because everyone seems to get this wrong, BofA is not reducing 30k employees; they are reducing 30k jobs. There is a big difference. Many of these 30k positions are already unfilled and will simply be eliminated and many more will come from attrition. There will be some layoffs, but no where near 30k.

OP
uscitizen

uscitizen

Reaction score
Bigger is better?

30K positions is still 30K available jobs.

Last edited:

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Im aware of that twit. And she clearly stated that she wasnt trying to make that implication. There is only so much room in the title bar to fit your thoughts in so your left cramming shit together.

But of course with your critical thinking skills being what they are, im surprised that simple well known fact escaped you.

Last edited:
OP
uscitizen

uscitizen

Reaction score

Im aware of that twit. And she clearly stated that she wasnt trying to make that implication. There is only so much room in the title bar to fit your thoughts in so your left cramming shit together.

But of course with your critical thinking skills being what they are, im surprised that simple well known fact escaped you.
Must defend fellow nutzoids.

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score

:lol:

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Not at all. She was asked about what she ment, she replied. Its that simple. Whats to deffend?

If anything Im making fun of you morons for creating something out of nothing. Like you always do

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Reaction score
Our friends on Wall St putting profit ahead of stewardship? I'm shocked lol

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Grumpy Grandpa: No one said that.

Ravi: Oh, yeah, they did.

Grumpy Grandpa: I knew that, and btw, liberals suck.

OP
uscitizen

uscitizen

Reaction score
As big corporations grow thru mergers and aquisitions we lose more jobs. Every time.

Well except for the gummit. Bush merged a bunch of agencies together under Homeland security and it got bigger.
But it was merged to make it harder tro kill not to make it more efficient.

Last edited:

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As big corporations grow thru mergers and aquisitions we lose more jobs. Every time.

Well except for the gummit. Bush merged a bunch of agencies together under Homeland security and it got bigger.
Bigger is better when a Republican is doing it.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

A republican isnt the one bending you over right now with his "bigger" govt.

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Reaction score

That's what she said

Yurt

Gold Member
Reaction score

yes, business is more efficient than the government.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List